Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2019 Blu-ray releases

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2019 Blu-ray releases

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Walt Disney Animated Classics 2019 Blu-ray releases

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I have an extra one I would sell you at cost.
That's nice of you but I've already gone ahead and bought the regular edition. It's not worth the hassle picking up the Steelbook from you. I'm sure it would just end up collecting dust in my collection, lol.
Old 03-20-19, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scored a copy of the 3-disc Cinderella (animated) BD set pretty cheap... Before I crack this baby open for the digital, does anyone have any intel on an upcoming BD or 4K release of this title?
Old 03-21-19, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I scored a copy of the 3-disc Cinderella (animated) BD set pretty cheap... Before I crack this baby open for the digital, does anyone have any intel on an upcoming BD or 4K release of this title?
It's rumored to be one of the next films in the Walt Disney Signature Collection, meaning it could be released as early as the first week of June. (Bambi was released in June 2017 and Peter Pan in 2018).
Old 03-23-19, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I just received the new mailer for the next Disney Movie Club cycle, and Cinderella is listed as Coming Soon. No details, but those will be available on DMC online on Tuesday when the cycle starts. This probably means it will be the Signature Collection title for June-ish. This is the first really old classic animation title to be released since Disney started 4K animated releases, so we'll see if it's offered in 4K or not.

Cinderella II/III is also coming as a DMC-exclusive.
Old 03-24-19, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I wasn't looking for it, but I stumbled across a "used" copy of The Little Mermaid 4k at a local game shop today. $16. Looks like someone just used the digital code and traded in the discs. Not bad for a brand new release.
Old 03-25-19, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by TheBang
I just received the new mailer for the next Disney Movie Club cycle, and Cinderella is listed as Coming Soon. No details, but those will be available on DMC online on Tuesday when the cycle starts. This probably means it will be the Signature Collection title for June-ish. This is the first really old classic animation title to be released since Disney started 4K animated releases, so we'll see if it's offered in 4K or not.

Cinderella II/III is also coming as a DMC-exclusive.
Thanks! I didn't realize that they put this info in these mailers. Just curious, is there a good place for rumors on this stuff?
Old 03-27-19, 12:43 PM

...and it's there on the DMC page. No date yet.

I just flipped the copy I had and that will more than fund this new one when it comes out.
Old 05-23-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cinderella Signature Collection press release:

In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.

The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.
  • Cinderella Bonus Features on Blu-ray and Digital:
  • NEW BONUS FEATURES
  • • Try This Trivia on for Size - Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel's Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
  • • In Walt's Words: Enhanced Edition - Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
  • CLASSIC BONUS FEATURES
  • • Diane Disney Miller "Cinderella" Film Intro - In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
  • • The Real Fairy Godmother - Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O'Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O'Connor.
  • • Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland - Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
  • • The Magic of the Glass Slipper - World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive "Glass Slipper" in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
  • THE ART OF CINDERELLA
  • • Concept Art - View a gallery of concept art from the feature's production.
  • • Character Model Sheets - View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature's production.
  • • Story Sketches - View a gallery of story sketches from the feature's production.
  • • Live-Action Reference - View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
  • • Pencil Animation - View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature's production.
  • • Behind-the-Scenes Stills - View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature's production.
  • • Feature Stills - View a gallery of stills from the feature.
  • MUSIC AND MORE
  • Cinderella Title Song
  • • "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
  • • "Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale"
  • • "The Work Song"
  • • "So This Is Love"

Target storybook:

Best Buy Steelbook:

Old 05-24-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I was hoping the next release would be Jungle Book or 101 Dalmations
Old 05-25-19, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Passing on this release. Just a pure cash grab.
Old 05-26-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Aren't they all?

Old 05-26-19, 07:35 PM

After having double dipped on most Disney movies (and in some cases, triple dipped), I think I'm done too. With Disney+ coming in a few months I don't really see much reason to continue my collection, especially since not every film has gotten a Blu release. I'm also not interested in joining DMC or paying scalper prices to get some of the rarities.
Old 05-27-19, 07:20 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
After having double dipped on most Disney movies (and in some cases, triple dipped), I think I'm done too. With Disney+ coming in a few months I don't really see much reason to continue my collection, especially since not every film has gotten a Blu release. I'm also not interested in joining DMC or paying scalper prices to get some of the rarities.
Similar here. I used to collect every Disney (older animated) title no matter what. Lots of triple or maybe quintuple dips in there from the very few VHS titles I bought to DVD to BD. But yeah, I’m mostly done. Lost my enthusiasm for most home media to be honest. I have enough for a few lifetimes.
Old 05-27-19, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

I don't even think these rereleases are designed for a double-dip. They're just out for those who missed them before. Like those with kids now. They are completely inessential releases for collectors.
Old 05-27-19, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Similar here. I used to collect every Disney (older animated) title no matter what. Lots of triple or maybe quintuple dips in there from the very few VHS titles I bought to DVD to BD. But yeah, I’m mostly done. Lost my enthusiasm for most home media to be honest. I have enough for a few lifetimes.
The thing is, I think I'd be more enthusiastic about collecting these releases if Disney had actually put effort into them. The quality of their home video releases over the past decade or so has been so underwhelming that it just seems like a waste of money, especially compared to their Platinum Edition releases. Lots of these Signature discs have plenty of space left on them, I don't think it would have been unreasonable for Disney just to port over the rest of the existing bonus features from previous home media releases, maybe use a second Blu-Ray disc if needed (like with the first few Diamond Edition releases).
Old 05-27-19, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Disney is doing the bare-minimum effort these days on physical media. I believe they will be the first studio that goes digital-only for new releases. If Disney+ grows as quickly as they project, they may more or less pull out of physical media, outside of possibly $100 "treasury" editions for fanatic collectors.

Just remember you heard it here first.
Old 05-27-19, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Disney is doing the bare-minimum effort these days on physical media. I believe they will be the first studio that goes digital-only for new releases. If Disney+ grows as quickly as they project, they may more or less pull out of physical media, outside of possibly $100 "treasury" editions for fanatic collectors.

Given the fact that they haven't put any effort into their physical releases since about 2010, I can say it won't be a surprise when (not if) this happens. The only way they'll get me to buy another physical re-release from them is if they port over all existing bonus features from prior editions.

I would love for them to take a Shout! Factory-style approach and have the original cover art on the opposite side of the inserts. The Black Diamond VHS releases have some of my all-time favorite cover art for home media releases.
Old 05-28-19, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

I just checked and we have the Diamond Edition so i'm going to pass n this release. Does anyone know what will be released in the fall?
Old 05-28-19, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No 4K release of Cinderella?
Old 05-28-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Just the live action version, at least so far.
Old 05-28-19, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Never really have cared much about Cinderella. I’m mainly looking forward to 101 Dalmatians this year.
Old 05-28-19, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

I could kind of see them making things available mainly through the Disney Movie Club at some point for certain titles. I think the major classics will see releases as long as physical media is still a thing. Which who knows how long that will last.
Old 05-28-19, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I just checked and we have the Diamond Edition so i'm going to pass n this release. Does anyone know what will be released in the fall?
My thought was that we'd get Aladdin in the fall to coincide with the BD of the remake, Sleeping Beauty in the winter to coincide with Maleficent 2's BD, The Jungle Book for summer 2020, and 101 Dalmatians in the fall of 2020 to coincide with the theatrical release of Cruella.
Old 07-25-19, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In 4K for the First Time, The Animated Classic “Aladdin” Joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Digital, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere Aug. 27 and on 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ Sept. 10

Relive the adventure with the film’s iconic characters, timeless humor and award-winning music, available for the first time in shining, shimmering, splendid 4K Ultra HD™ with fresh extras, including original cast recordings and a brand-new sing-along version

BURBANK, Calif. (July 25, 2019)— Embark on a magic carpet ride with the entire family when Disney’s original animated classic “Aladdin” soars into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection, granting nonstop laughs, action-packed adventure and Academy Award®–winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song, “A Whole New World,” Original Score) for the first time in 4K Ultra HD.The Signature Collection Edition of “Aladdin” takes flight two weeks early in 4K Ultra HD, Digital in HD and Movies Anywhere Aug. 27 and lands on 4K Ultra HDand Blu-ray™ Sept. 10— with a brand-new sing-along version; all-new bonus features, including original cast recordings; and classic bonus material. The arrival coincides with the in-home release of 2019’s live-action film adaptation “Aladdin, ”granting fans everywhere the opportunity to own both magical movies.

The Signature Collection Edition invites every member of the family to join Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine to belt out the unforgettable songs from “Aladdin” — such as “A Whole New World,” “Friend Like Me” and “Prince Ali” — through a new sing-along version. Other fresh features include a walk down memory lane with Scott Weinger (speaking voice of Aladdin) as he reflects on his personal journey portraying the diamond in the rough and meeting with the original cast and filmmakers, and one jump into the recording booth during the original recording sessions. Digital exclusive features legendary animator Eric Goldberg reminiscing about drawing Genie. Also included are hours of classic bonus gems, from hilarious outtakes with the legendary Robin Williams (voice of Genie) to an in-depth discussion with directors John Musker and Ron Clements.

Disney’s tale of the lovable “street rat,” Aladdin, self determined Princess Jasmine and the all-powerful Genie has remained a family favorite for over a quarter of a century. It all began with the animated classic “Aladdin,” the highest-grossing film of 1992 and a two-time Academy Award®–winner, and continued with the hit Broadway musical “Aladdin” and 2019’s live-action film adaptation “Aladdin,” directed by Guy Ritchie and starring Will Smith as Genie, Mena Massoud as Aladdin and Naomi Scott as Jasmine.

Families can decide how, when and where they wish to enjoy “Aladdin” in their households. The film arrives two weeks early on Digital 4K Ultra HD and HD with an exclusive extra— and a Digital bundle doubles the fun with both the Walt Disney Signature Collection Edition and this year’s thrilling, live-action adventure “Aladdin.” A physical copy of the film will be released as a 4K Ultra HD(4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code) and a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-rayand Digital Code).

“Aladdin” is the 10th title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan,” “The Little Mermaid” and “Cinderella.”

BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL: *

NEW BONUS

· Sing Along With the Movie– Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
· Aladdin on Aladdin– Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
· “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”:The Voices of “Aladdin”– Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
· Alternate Endings– Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE

· Drawing Genie– Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminices about the Genie.

CLASSIC BONUS– Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
· The Genie Outtakes
· “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
· Unboxing “Aladdin”

*Bonus features may vary by retailer

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

Product SKUs: 4K Ultra HD(4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital 4K UHD/HD/SD and On-Demand
Feature Run Time: Approximately 91 minutes
Rating: G in U.S. and Canada
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 1.66:1
Audio:
4K UHDBD:English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish, & French-Canadian 5.1 DolbyDigital
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, Latin Spanish and French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
4K UHDDigital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages/Subtitles:
4K UHD BD Subtitles: English SDH,Spanish & French
BD Subtitles: English SDH & ESL, Spanish & French
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
Digital Captions: English

Best Buy steelbook:

Target storybook:

Last edited by TheBang; 07-25-19 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-03-19, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe it will be awhile before they cycle back to Pinnochio and release the 4K edition though I wonder if it is really worth it to upgrade to 4K for a movie that came out in 1940.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.