DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Christopher Nolan 4K Collection Italy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/644867-christopher-nolan-4k-collection-italy.html)

papapauly 08-08-18 07:30 AM

Christopher Nolan 4K Collection Italy

Ordered this for $92.00 shipped. Anyone have this version and is it identical to the US version?
Thanks

clappj 08-08-18 09:08 AM

re: Christopher Nolan 4K Collection Italy

Originally Posted by papapauly (Post 13386026)
Ordered this for $92.00 shipped. Is it identical to the US version?
Thanks

I would hope not, considering you can pick up the US version for around 1/3 of the cost you paid for the Italian one.

E Unit 08-08-18 09:10 AM

You can? Please show us the way and I’ll buy immediately.

Adam Tyner 08-08-18 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by clappj (Post 13386064)
I would hope not, considering you can pick up the US version for around 1/3 of the cost you paid for the Italian one.

I believe he's talking about the Ultra HD Blu-ray collection, which is indeed around $92 on amazon.it but isn't available on amazon.com (except for third-party sellers, where it's going for $250). I updated the thread title to indicate this.

The content of the discs should be identical, as that's Warner's M.O. And UHD BD isn't region-coded, so that's not an issue (although Warner is generally all-region anyway). At worst, you'll just have to stare at some Italian text on the packaging, but otherwise, it ought to be bit-for-bit identical to the U.S. release in every way.

The Italian release seems to be a popular choice for folks on blu-ray.com's forums.

clappj 08-08-18 09:46 AM

Re: Christopher Nolan 4K Collection Italy

Oops! :doh:
I missed the 4K part. Was thinking regular Blu-ray.
Sorry for the confusion!

E Unit 08-08-18 10:36 AM

Ha, I made that mistake when looking for the 4K set. Almost bought that older set.

papapauly 08-08-18 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 13386068)
I believe he's talking about the Ultra HD Blu-ray collection, which is indeed around $92 on amazon.it but isn't available on amazon.com (except for third-party sellers, where it's going for any$250). I updated the thread title to indicate this.

The content of the discs should be identical, as that's Warner's M.O. And UHD BD isn't region-coded, so that's not an issue (although Warner is generally all-region anyway). At worst, you'll just have to stare at some Italian text on the packaging, but otherwise, it ought to be bit-for-bit identical to the U.S. release in every way.

The Italian release seems to be a popular choice for folks on blu-ray.com's forums.

Many thanks for the info

DthRdrX 08-08-18 01:07 PM

Nothing official but a lot of us believe the the US set went OOP almost immediately. The issue seems to be The Prestige is OOP. I picked up the singles of each movie and I'm still hunting for that one.

fumanstan 08-08-18 02:46 PM

I really wish I bought The Prestige when I had the chance at Best Buy.

mitch079 08-08-18 09:50 PM

I guess you missed the buy 2, get 30% off promo. https://www.amazon.it/gp/promotion/A..._AX9GRHSNAIK45

Lowest cost dvd is 5.99 Euro. So it comes out to around $76 USD with shipping.

DeanoBKN 08-09-18 08:03 AM

Looking at the numerous 1 star reviews on the Italy site, apparently they botched the audio on these discs (aside from Dunkirk) by only including DD 5.1?

Adam Tyner 08-09-18 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 13386702)
Looking at the numerous 1 star reviews on the Italy site, apparently they botched the audio on these discs (aside from Dunkirk) by only including DD 5.1?

As far as I can tell, it's the sort of thing that's disappointing for them but fine for us.

The Italian audio is lossy Dolby Digital 5.1, but the English audio (and French and German) are DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. (No Atmos/DTS-X for any of the films in this collection.)

mattysemo247 10-06-18 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13386305)
I really wish I bought The Prestige when I had the chance at Best Buy.

If anyone is still looking for The Prestige, is looks like Best Buy is carrying it in stores again. I saw four copies last night for $29.99.

fumanstan 10-06-18 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13420810)
If anyone is still looking for The Prestige, is looks like Best Buy is carrying it in stores again. I saw four copies last night for $29.99.

I read that on Blu-ray.com forums and went to look yesterday but struck out. Saw the tag but no copies. I'll have to look again this weekend.

fumanstan 10-07-18 09:47 PM

Went to another Best Buy tonight by me and the had 3 copies. Sucks paying full price, but with the word being that it's listed as discontinued in Best Buy's inventory that it was worth getting it now and seeing it go bye bye.

E Unit 10-19-18 06:18 PM

Stopped by my usual BB to pick up Ant-Man and Wasp and actually found four copies of The Prestige. Picked one up due to the drought. And I had been meaning to pick it up at some point.