DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Blu-ray/4K: What do you have on pre-order? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/644604-blu-ray-4k-what-do-you-have-pre-order.html)

Sonic 07-11-18 07:13 PM

Blu-ray/4K: What do you have on pre-order?

This should be a fun conversational thread. ;)

What movies on Blu-ray or 4K you have on pre-order?

As for me not much:

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey - 4K
2) Bad Boys I&II - 4K

Waiting for Christine 4K to hit Amazon. Waiting for Creepshow Blu-Ray price to come down as well.

Adam Tyner 07-11-18 07:39 PM

Re: Blu-ray/4K: What do you have on pre-order?

I've backed off pre-ordering unless there's an absurdly amazing deal, so I guess I'll just list titles in the next two months that I'll get on day one, even if I don't technically pre-order. :)

The one thing I've actually preordered, with no release date, although supposedly it's shipping the end of this month:
Metric: Dreams So Real

July 24th
A Matter of Life and Death

August 7th
Predator (UHD)
The Changeling

August 14th
Avengers: Infinity War (UHD)

August 21st
Deadpool 2 (UHD)

There are plenty more I'd grab at the right price -- especially Christine on UHD -- but as far as titles I absolutely must have on day one through Sept. 11, that's my list.

E Unit 07-11-18 07:41 PM

2001 4K
Forza Horizon 4 (hey, it’ll be in 4K)
Avengers: Infinity War 4K
Sherlock Season 1 4K
Deadpool 2 4K

Sonic 07-11-18 08:14 PM

That Predator 4K boxset is looking mighty appealing. I may have to jump on that one. I don't remember Predator 2 much but I did enjoy it.

OldBoy 07-11-18 08:41 PM

i put my preorders in the "Last bought" thread...

fumanstan 07-12-18 12:13 AM

Nothing, I don't have any preorders even though there's movies I know i'm buying. I'll just go to Target or Best Buy during release week to buy what I want, or sometimes just order off Amazon when I feel like it.

Kedrix 07-12-18 07:31 AM

I'll probably pre-order the steelbooks for Infinity War & Deadpool 2 by the end of the week but that's it. I think I have a Best Buy GC floating around somewhere, I hope..(or it's going to be a mighty expensive August)

IDrinkMolson 07-12-18 07:36 AM

Both from UK:
Ready Player One 3D
Avengers: Infinity War 3D

Meathead 07-12-18 07:48 AM

Avengers: Infinity War and Deadpool 2 - 4K BB Steelbooks is it. I've cut my purchases way way back.

rocket1312 07-12-18 10:09 AM

I never pre-order. I can probably count the number of times I've done so on one hand. That said, I currently have two special (to me) items on pre-order.

Community complete series: One of my top 2 or 3 favorite shows ever. I bit when the Amazon price for down to 50ish, but I might cancel and wait for a sale down the road.

Police Story 1&2 UK boxset: Eureka has put out awesome releases for Drunken Master and Iron Monkey and this Police Story set looks like the best one yet. They're really going the extra mile on this one and I want to support their effort. Finally someone is putting out top quality HK classics and I want it to continue.

badlieut 07-12-18 11:15 AM

Isle of Dogs
Ready Player One 4K
Infinity War 4k (non-steelbook)
Deadpool 4K (non-steelbook)

JoeyOhhhh 07-12-18 11:51 AM

Not preordered yet, but I have a pending offer from Disney movie club for Buy 1 get 60% off, eyeing up Incredibles 1&2, and all the Avengers in 4K in not too distant future

mattysemo247 07-12-18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meathead (Post 13370302)
Avengers: Infinity War and Deadpool 2 - 4K BB Steelbooks is it. I've cut my purchases way way back.

Same here

milo bloom 07-12-18 03:10 PM

I don't pre-order much anymore, but on my "definitely buy" list are Solo (4K if I find a good deal, otherwise Blu) and the new Supergirl Blu.

JimRochester 07-12-18 03:39 PM

Haven't ordered yet but will get

Avengers 4K
Deadpool 2 4K
Dragnet BR
Solo 4K

davidh777 07-12-18 04:14 PM

I used to pre-order, but I've dialed back on my media purchases, and the discs I do buy tend to be Disney so I just go to Target since they're not on Amazon.

BuckNaked2k 07-12-18 09:01 PM

Trilogy of Terror

Sonic 07-13-18 02:31 PM

My pre-order of 2001: A Space Odyssey 4K at Amazon is still at $33 and not $27.99 (new lower price). What gives?!?

TheBang 07-13-18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by rocket1312 (Post 13370387)
Police Story 1&2 UK boxset: Eureka has put out awesome releases for Drunken Master and Iron Monkey and this Police Story set looks like the best one yet. They're really going the extra mile on this one and I want to support their effort. Finally someone is putting out top quality HK classics and I want it to continue.

Oh wow, I didn't know about these. Are they region restricted?

rocket1312 07-13-18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 13371394)
Oh wow, I didn't know about these. Are they region restricted?

Drunken Master is region free, but Iron Monkey is region B. The Police Story set will almost assuredly be region B as well.

Mike86 07-13-18 04:29 PM

The only thing I’ve got pre-ordered currently is the Warner Archives release of Supergirl. I want to get the Scream Factory editions of Creepshow and Trick ‘r Treat but actually just checking now the pre-order prices for both on Amazon seem to be full list price so I’ll wait. I’ll probably be pre-ordering that new documentary on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine too (What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

I also know for sure I’ll be getting Avengers: Infinity War and Solo: A Star Wars Story when they release but may just get them in store. I’ll probably get Deadpool 2 down the line sometime too but will wait for a price drop as I didn’t like it as much as the first.

popegregFKAgoblin23 07-14-18 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic (Post 13371332)
My pre-order of 2001: A Space Odyssey 4K at Amazon is still at $33 and not $27.99 (new lower price). What gives?!?

You should either be charged the lowest price it was between your order and release date, or get a refund of the difference.

>>
Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price, either through a price adjustment in your unshipped order, or through a refund within 24-72 hours following the release date.
>>

You could just cancel and order again at the lower price. I'm not sure if that would push you to the back of the line if it goes to back ordered though.

Thanks for mentioning the $27.99 price. I bit at that price point and got an additional $1.09 off. Matching Walmart store pickup discount maybe? So my price was $26.90.

My other pre-orders:

Super Troopers 1&2 BD
Avengers Infinity War 4K Best Buy Steelbook
Deadpool 2 4K Best Buy Steelbook
The Big Bang Theory Season 11 BD
Community Complete Series BD
Wild At Heart Shout Factory BD

I'm still on the fence about even picking up Solo (A Cash Grab Story). Might grab the 4K at Walmart on release day on my way home from work.

melasnus 07-14-18 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic (Post 13370110)
That Predator 4K boxset is looking mighty appealing. I may have to jump on that one. I don't remember Predator 2 much but I did enjoy it.

P2 is a very underrated movie IMO.
If you ask me, one of the better sequels of the genre.
I'll be buying this Day One.

BTW, the BD isn't too bad either. :)

Originally Posted by rocket1312 (Post 13370387)
I never pre-order.

FWIW, rarely do I.
Usually, I check different sites on the day before the release date.

milo bloom 07-14-18 10:59 AM

And definitely some version of Deadpool.

Michael Corvin 07-14-18 11:15 AM

Don't really pre-order anymore but the only ones on my radar are Ready Player One, Deadpool 2 & Jurassic World 2.