Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Infinity War -- August 14, 2018

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-18, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Avengers: Infinity War 4K & Blu ray

The exclusives are already up for preorder

BB 4K steelbook

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avenger...?skuId=6237320

Target 4K + Funko

https://www.target.com/p/x/-/A-53619...t_adv_xasd0002

Target 4K exclusive

https://www.target.com/p/x/-/A-53617...t_adv_xasd0002

Regular 4K version

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avenger...HKUEv4HdcaGrCg
Old 04-28-18, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War 4K & Blu ray

And 3D steelbook at Zavvi: https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/avenge...idget_id=36651

Already pre-ordered the 3D edition with regular cover for 5 pounds less: https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/avenge.../11743009.html

That "A" on the covers/posters makes me think more of Alvin (and the chipmunks) than anything else.
Old 04-28-18, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope BB keeps that cover at for the steelbook.

The Marvel steelbooks that BB just reissued look like shit in person. Glad I picked the original ones up when they came out.

Last edited by mattysemo247; 04-30-18 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-19-18, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

https://screenrant.com/infinity-war-...-release-date/

The home release date of Avengers: Infinity War has been confirmed, due to product information on Best Buy and Target exclusive 4K releases. It seems the film will be available for purchase August 14, 2018.

Infinity War is proving to be Marvel's latest blockbuster hit, but viewers are already wondering when they'll be able to watch it from the comfort of their own homes. Fans can already pre-order the movie on Amazon, iTunes, Microsoft, and Vudu, and earlier today Marvel announced that the digital release would be on July 31. That strongly suggested a Blu-Ray / DVD release in mid-August, as a two-week gap between digital and home release has become standard across the industry.

Promotional information for Best Buy and Target exclusives (revealed on the Marvel Studios Reddit) has confirmed the film's home release date will be August 14, exactly two weeks after the digital release. Both companies are offering exclusive 4K versions, and they're sure to be a must-buy for many viewers. The Target 4k exclusive edition includes a 40-page "filmmaker gallery book," filled with behind-the-scenes information. It retails for $32.99, but REDcard holders can pre-order a bundle also including an Iron Man Funko POP! for $41.99.

In contrast, the Best Buy Infinity War 4K exclusive will retail at $34.99, and features a Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years disc to take viewers behind the scenes. The cover is absolutely beautiful, putting Thanos front and center - entirely appropriate, given the Mad Titan is essentially the star of the film. Infinity War is essentially a twisted hero's journey, starring the villain as he attempts to achieve his insane goal of "rebalancing the universe."

With Marvel now releasing three films a year, viewers have noted that the next film has tended to hit the cinemas before the last one is available for home release. That was true for Black Panther, which was actually still showing at some cinemas when Infinity War was released, and it will now be true for Infinity War. Ant-Man & the Wasp will have been out for well over a month before the home release of Infinity War. While that's a problem for anyone who likes to binge-watch the entire MCU before watching the next film, it's frankly a delightful problem to have, demonstrating the speed and quality of Marvel's output.

In the meantime, if viewers want to rewatch Infinity War, they'll simply have to head back to the theater. The film broke Black Panther's presale record, and had the highest-grossing Saturday of all time in its opening weekend. The release of Deadpool 2 this week will have put a dent in the movie's box office performance, and Solo: A Star Wars Story is expected to perform well against Infinity War next week. Still, the movie has already grossed over $1.7 billion worldwide, making it Marvel's best performing film at the global box office to date.

Early exclusives for Target and Best Buy. No other details yet.
Old 05-19-18, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Avengers: Infinity War -- August 14, 2018

Sorry, just noticed the older thread at the bottom from April.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/64...k-blu-ray.html

Please feel free to merge with the exact date intact for the title.
Old 05-19-18, 09:17 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

What’s that 3rd disc marked as Marvel: The First Ten Years? A full documentary, or those small featurettes on previous discs compiled together? I may do the steel, but will probably pick up the standard UHD release.
Old 05-19-18, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm in for the Steelbook. I like what Target does with the exclusive books, but that Steelbook is too pretty to pass up.
Old 05-19-18, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I don’t do the special editions for these simply because all mine from the beginning are the standard versions and I want them all to be consistent. The last couple releases I’ve been getting the 4K/Blu-ray combos (mainly to future proof myself and because they’ve only been slightly more than the regular Blu-ray releases) and will probably do the same with this movie.
Old 05-20-18, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I hope BB keeps that cover at for the steelbook.

That would be cool. It reminds me of this.

Old 05-20-18, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That steelbook is real nice. Passed on the last couple "meh" designs, but definitely going to add that one to my collection.
Old 05-20-18, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I don’t do the special editions for these simply because all mine from the beginning are the standard versions and I want them all to be consistent.
I’ve done the exact same thing. Even when I stumble upon the special edition packaging I still stick with the regular release to stay consistent. It’s saved me the headache of having to try to track down ridiculously under supplied steelbooks.

Admittedly, I do still collect the DC animated steelbook releases that were original headache inducing to find but have gotten easier to track down over the last few releases. Although now my new problem is that it seems they’re releasing them so often that I can hardly keep up anymore.
Old 05-20-18, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

If there was a Best Buy locally I might have bought the Steelbook editions of the MCU films but I never wanted to bother ordering because I think you have to spend a certain amount for free shipping. Now that we’re this far in there’s no easy way to hunt them all down without paying a hefty price so it’s whatever.

I was collecting the Target digibooks for the DC films but quit. I have them for The Dark Knight Rises (not a DCEU film I know), Man of Steel, and Batman V Superman. I didn’t want to buy Suicide Squad (still haven’t) and Wonder Woman I got the standard version. I’ll probably get the standard Justice League someday. I might get the standard versions of the others at some point too so they all match.
Old 05-20-18, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I've stuck to buying regular releases across the board since I didn't want to get in the habit of hunting for versions. I'm also over caring about packaging for the most part, so that helps

A regular UHD copy for me!
Old 05-20-18, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Digital HD for me.
Old 05-20-18, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Last year the release of Guardians fell on just the right Tuesday when I was free to sit hit BB right when they opened to grab a steelbook.

No such luck this year. I'm leery about ordering on line and having it shipped. Seems like those are too prone to arrived dented and dinged. Paying a premium to receive it in less than grade A condition isn't all that appealing.

probably end up going with the Target exclusive.
Old 05-20-18, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I'll show up at Best Buy and grab that steelbook.
Old 05-21-18, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts

Definitely in for the steelbook...
Old 05-21-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
No such luck this year. I'm leery about ordering on line and having it shipped. Seems like those are too prone to arrived dented and dinged. Paying a premium to receive it in less than grade A condition isn't all that appealing.
I have had mixed (though mostly good) luck with the condition of mailed steelbooks from Best Buy. That said, you can order (or pre-order) online and choose in-store pickup instead of having it shipped, so that you can assess the condition when you pick it up. That's what I ended up doing with Black Panther.
Old 05-21-18, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Last year the release of Guardians fell on just the right Tuesday when I was free to sit hit BB right when they opened to grab a steelbook.

Originally Posted by kefrank
I have had mixed (though mostly good) luck with the condition of mailed steelbooks from Best Buy. That said, you can order (or pre-order) online and choose in-store pickup instead of having it shipped, so that you can assess the condition when you pick it up. That's what I ended up doing with Black Panther.
Usually I get them in good condition, despite the almost always terrible packaging. But I've had a couple of doozies.

Spoiler:
Old 05-21-18, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll get the standard 4K version from BB. I get the free shipping which is a bonus because most of my purchases are with RZ $$ so wouldn't meet the minimum.
Old 05-21-18, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Marvel should have used some of their classic covers for slipcovers/alt art instead of the lame art we got. I know they "sort of" did it for the first Thor/Captain America.

I skipped out on Thor 3 and Black Panther SBs because they looked boring but this is a must buy.
Old 05-21-18, 07:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No regular Blu-Ray Steelbook, like they did with the other MCU films? Lame!
Old 05-21-18, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I was collecting the Target digibooks for the DC films but quit. I have them for The Dark Knight Rises (not a DCEU film I know), Man of Steel, and Batman V Superman. I didn’t want to buy Suicide Squad (still haven’t) and Wonder Woman I got the standard version. I’ll probably get the standard Justice League someday. I might get the standard versions of the others at some point too so they all match.
I still collect the DC digibooks as well, most recently picked up the Wonder Woman release but, yeah, I couldn’t bring myself to buy the Suicide Squad digibook either. It’s a hole in my collection but I’d rather have the hole than Suicide Squad, much less pay $28 for it.
Old 05-21-18, 07:52 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Already locked in Zavvi 3D Steel...
Old 05-21-18, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm going to hold off in the hope of a Black Friday deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.