DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   jungle 2 jungle blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/642562-jungle-2-jungle-blu-ray.html)

mrbean 01-03-18 01:05 AM

jungle 2 jungle blu-ray

any sample photos from the blu-ray to see what the image quality is like

Mike86 01-03-18 05:12 AM

Re: jungle 2 jungle blu-ray

Had no idea this was even on Blu-ray. Almost tempting to rejoin the Disney Movie Club for a few of these exclusives. I haven’t seen this in years but liked it when I was younger. No idea how well it would hold up.

mattysemo247 01-03-18 07:32 AM

Snow Dogs is the other exclusive this month

PerryD 01-03-18 09:02 AM

There were a bunch of early non-anamorphic DVDs that were never released on blu-ray like this one, or Flubber, or the remake of Mighty Joe Young with Charlize Theron.

So Jungle 2 Jungle and Snow Dogs can be chosen as part of the initial freebies? Do they have other movies not available outside of the club?

dex14 01-03-18 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by PerryD (Post 13237831)
Do they have other movies not available outside of the club?

I think The Mighty Ducks trilogy and the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movies. I'd like those, but they are too much to me.

mattysemo247 01-03-18 09:13 AM

The Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves is also an exclusive. I ended up picking up that off of eBay last year for a reasonable price.

PerryD 01-03-18 09:21 AM

I put in a test order and it said that Jungle 2 Jungle and Snow Dogs wasn't available on blu-ray, at least as part of the initial order.

hdnmickey 01-03-18 10:08 AM

Are any of the exclusives currently available to order when you first sign up?

PerryD 01-03-18 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13237896)
Are any of the exclusives currently available to order when you first sign up?

I'm not sure which ones are exclusive, but titles like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Swiss Family Robinson, Love Bug, Mighty Ducks, Operation Dumbo Drop, Cool Runnings work for initial freebies.

hdnmickey 01-03-18 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PerryD (Post 13237908)
I'm not sure which ones are exclusive, but titles like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Swiss Family Robinson, Love Bug, Mighty Ducks, Operation Dumbo Drop, Cool Runnings work for initial freebies.

Cool. Have you seen the new sign-up process? Unless I'm missing something it's not possible to specifically select DVD or BD like you used to be able to when ordering. So you essentially can't tell which of the BD exclusives are available or not because it's not clear if you just selected a DVD or BD.

PerryD 01-03-18 01:07 PM

I did a test order, and you select all of the titles first, then on the next page, you select which format you want them in, then it pops up which titles you selected are not available in that format. Kind of convoluted but that's how I could tell that Jungle 2 Jungle and Snow Dogs weren't available yet.

TheBang 01-03-18 10:29 PM

Jungle 2 Jungle and Snow Dogs should be available for enrollment in 90 days. However, they also make good fulfillments. The fulfillment price threshold was recently reduced to $19.95 (from $29.95), so all these DMC exclusives at $24.95 each are among the cheaper Blu-rays available for fulfillment.

If you sign up with code 50822, you can select 6 titles for enrollment and then buy 2 DMC exclusives (including Jungle 2 Jungle and Snow Dogs) at $24.95 each to fulfill your membership. Your total membership cost would be around $68 or about $8.50 per title.

Here's the full list of DMC exclusive blu-rays:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=240426

PerryD 01-04-18 10:01 AM

okay, you talked me into it. I'm not sure what the promo code got me over the regular page (maybe the Moana blanket?), but at the final checkout page it gave me a chance to get a couple bonus discounted discs from a limited selection (I would have liked to add more exclusives).

Looks straightforward enough. The sheer number of exclusives that I'm interested in will keep me busy for a while. Considering what I spend on Twilight Time titles, this has more fun choices at much better prices.

Edit to add: Logging into the page, it looks like I have to buy 3 more titles at regular price, not 2.

Edit to add again: Maybe it will update to 2 when my just placed order is processed and/or shipped.

hdnmickey 01-04-18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by PerryD (Post 13238648)
okay, you talked me into it. I'm not sure what the promo code got me over the regular page (maybe the Moana blanket?), but at the final checkout page it gave me a chance to get a couple bonus discounted discs from a limited selection (I would have liked to add more exclusives).

Looks straightforward enough. The sheer number of exclusives that I'm interested in will keep me busy for a while. Considering what I spend on Twilight Time titles, this has more fun choices at much better prices.

Edit to add: Logging into the page, it looks like I have to buy 3 more titles at regular price, not 2.

Edit to add again: Maybe it will update to 2 when my just placed order is processed and/or shipped.

I also did an order today, put over the edge by the Moana blanket offer (my daughter LOVES Moana).

But I had the fun of getting to do both the online order, and THEN talking to a rep on the phone. When I got to the two extra selection step I was not interested the limited selections, thought to myself "crap, that was a waste of time" and then closed the screen thinking I wasn't going to complete the order. Well to my surprise it processed the order for the other 5 anyway. It also didn't add the Moana blanket.

So on the phone I was able to get the blanket added, and choose any of the two available BD's for the 6th and 7th titles. So it turns out, that if you don't want to order from that limited list for the 6th and 7th titles, you have to order over the phone. I should have just called in the first place.

I also took the opportunity to let them know that the new web order process is terrible for all the above reasons. It's essentially only useful now if you want to order one of the popular titles pictured on the page (which sadly many probably do, such that they get positive feedback on the new web process). Everything else is clumsy at best to navigate through.

TheBang 01-06-18 04:50 AM

Yeah, sorry about that guys. I really recommend calling to enroll, as the website just sucks for enrollment now. And yes, you need to select the 6th bonus title to reduce your fulfillment commitment to 2 titles (although, your membership status online will show 3 fulfillments until your enrollment order ships). I skip the 7th bonus title because it doesn't reduce your fulfillment obligation and the price for the 7th title is more than the per-title average cost for the rest of your membership (that is, it raises your per-title average cost).

Besides the free Moana blanket, the code I gave gives you a much better offer. The default offer is you have to buy something like 5 fulfillment titles at full price.