Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

JUSTICE LEAGUE: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

Old 03-20-18, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 457 Likes on 326 Posts
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

I'm with mattysemo. A true extended edition may not be possible, but they will cobble one together somehow to make some more money.
Old 03-20-18, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

With physical media declining, i'm not sure whether studios think re-releasing those special editions with extended cuts are worth it.
Old 03-20-18, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 547 Likes on 445 Posts

I think the thing is that the Snyder cut probably will never happen because it would take too much money to finish and WB doesnít want to invest more into a film that didnít make money to begin with. An extended cut I donít see as likely either because if they wanted to do that I think they would have done it off the bat. Itís doubtful many would double dip for a small amount of extra scenes. The extra scenes weíve seen added are fairly short and donít add very much so I doubt itís like Batman V Superman where theyíd flesh out the movie more. I think what we got is more or less the movie short of the Snyder cut.
Old 03-20-18, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I think the thing is that the Snyder cut probably will never happen because it would take too much money to finish and WB doesnít want to invest more into a film that didnít make money to begin with. An extended cut I donít see as likely either because if they wanted to do that I think they would have done it off the bat. Itís doubtful many would double dip for a small amount of extra scenes. The extra scenes weíve seen added are fairly short and donít add very much so I doubt itís like Batman V Superman where theyíd flesh out the movie more. I think what we got is more or less the movie short of the Snyder cut.
Yeah, I do not see them pouring more money into what is the lowest grossing DCEU film. Even internationally it might only get to number 4 on the list (Man Of Steel is only 10m ahead of JL). Aquaman is coming up next and of course Wonder Woman 2 so the DCEU is alive but now that the dust has basically settled and JL is nearing the end of its global release it is a bit jarring that being number 4 or 5 on the DCEU list means you are at less than 675 million global.

To put that in perspective the number 4 film on the Marvel Universe list is Black Panther which is still going mildly strong in theaters both domestic and international and is up to 1,188 Billion while number 5 is Captain America Civil War at 1,153 Billion. Heck, DCEU's number 4 has a gross in line with Dr. Strange which is the 11th highest grossest film in the Marvel Universe.

I have seen all the DCEU films in theaters and I saw the first two Christopher Nolan Batmans in theaters so I am not a DC hater but yeah...the numbers are painful to look at.

DC might still double dip with JL but I suspect the monies for such a project will be better served pimping Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2.
Old 03-24-18, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,182 Likes on 877 Posts

http://www.mediaplaynews.com/justice...-sales-charts/

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/resear...nded-03-17-18/

Justice League was the top selling BD through March 17th.
Old 03-24-18, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

The 3D version is out of stock and no longer listed at Best Buy. The 3D version is out of stock and back ordered at Amazon. They must not have produced enough to cover demand.
Old 03-26-18, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

3D review is up. Better late than never I guess. 2.5/5. Ouch.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Justic...169933/#Review
Old 03-26-18, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,182 Likes on 877 Posts

OldBoy quickly cancels Zavvi 3D steelbook order.

Old 03-26-18, 08:04 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 338 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
OldBoy quickly cancels Zavvi 3D steelbook order.

actually got the US version for a good price as detailed in 3D thread. some say good, this review obviously not. oh well...
Old 03-29-18, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
3D version is $24.96 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks like they are price matching Walmart. Walmart doesn't mention 3D in their listing, but it's different than the 4K and regular blu ray listings (and it also mentions that it's $10 off currently, with $35 being the normal price for the 3D verison)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Justice-L...-ray/783158666

and to make it more confusing, it's $10 cheaper than the OTHER Amazon 3D listing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I took a shot at the $25 version. The cover art even shows 3D+Blu Ray+Digital. Worst case, I'll send it back to Amazon if it's the wrong one. But both versions are different when you add to cart:

Justice League 3D [Blu-ray]
Justice League [3D + Blu-ray]
Just to follow up on this fiasco, my Amazon order still hasn't shipped and is in release date pending status. On the other forums people said that Amazon is slowly starting to cancel those and issue $15 credits. So once the Walmart version dropped to $20.96 I jumped on it. It arrived yesterday and is the correct version, 3D+Blu+DC. It's currently out of stock now, but worth keeping an eye on if you are still trying to track down the 3D version that includes the DC.
Old 03-29-18, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to follow up on this fiasco, my Amazon order still hasn't shipped and is in release date pending status. On the other forums people said that Amazon is slowly starting to cancel those and issue $15 credits. So once the Walmart version dropped to $20.96 I jumped on it. It arrived yesterday and is the correct version, 3D+Blu+DC. It's currently out of stock now, but worth keeping an eye on if you are still trying to track down the 3D version that includes the DC.
It's actually in stock at the moment. I was going to hold off picking this up, but once I noticed it was back in stock I placed an order using a 10% off code I received the last time I did an online order for in store pick up. Came out to $20.08 after tax and free shipping.
Old 03-29-18, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 309 Likes on 229 Posts

Thanks for the head's up. I decided to go ahead and order it myself.
Old 03-30-18, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved the movie in the theater and love it on BR...collected JLA from the 70s on, seeing them on the big screen made me smile through the entire movie.

Was like seeing the 70s comic and JL Animated show turned live action.
Old 03-30-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Both Steelbooks down $5 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys
Old 03-31-18, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The 3D version is back in stock at Wal-Mart
Old 03-31-18, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And I received my copy earlier today that I ordered the other day. Pretty quick delivery.
Old 04-01-18, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3D review is up. Better late than never I guess. 2.5/5. Ouch.
That's unfortunate.
Watching it tonite on BD it seemed to me it could be a great 3D.
As a matter of fact, at points in the movie it appeared as though it had been deliberately framed for 3D.

The video for this movie, at least on BD, is a little strange.
At times, there is considerable grain, while at others it's non-existent.
I realize it was filmed with both 35mm and digital cameras.
The problem is the transitions between the 2 formats are abrupt and jerk the viewer out of his/her suspension of disbelief.
Definitely not a good thing.
Perhaps the 4K works better in this regard...I dunno.
Old 04-02-18, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watched Wonder Woman UHD last night.
Reasonably well done, just not demo quality.

Like the Justice League BD, often fairly grainy.
Fortunately, it is better resolved and not as intrusive.
Also, certain scenes in the movie appear a little too dark and could have been better lit IMO.

The Atmos audio fireworks are very impressive.

All in all, the UHD is worth the extra $$$ over the BD package IMO.
Old 04-04-18, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, the price jumped up to $51.13. Still shipped and sold by Walmart.com. I hope everyone got their orders in when it was only $20.96.
Old 04-05-18, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Back down to $29.99. Granted, it's not the sale price, but at least it's a normal price.
Old 10-26-18, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/justice...?skuId=6305780
Old 04-12-21, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 623 Likes on 411 Posts

I think the specs are translated from Italian, but this was posted on blu-ray.com's forums:

ON DVD, BLU-RAY ™, 4K UHD AND DIGITAL
DISTRIBUTED BY WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Available digitally from April 22
DVD, Blu-Ray and 4K UHD coming May 27th

April 12, 2021 - The highly anticipated “ ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE ” is ready to land on DVD, Blu-Ray, 4K UHD and digital .

Starting April 22, the film will be available for digital purchase on Apple Tv app, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, Google Play, TIMVISION, Chili, Rakuten TV, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Film & TV.

Starting May 27, “ ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE ” will also be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, 4K UHD and a special 4K Steelbook edition . All versions are already available for pre-order today .

Among the extra contents (available in Blu-Ray and 4K editions) stands out " Road to Justice League ", the special of 25 minutes with an interview with Zack Snyder, in which fans will be able to discover the key moments of these 10 years of collaboration between Snyder and DC, from Man of Steel (2013), through Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), to Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021).

In ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE, determined to make sure Superman's (Henry Cavill) final sacrifice wasn't in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) joins forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) to recruit a team of metahumans, in order to protect the world from an imminent threat of catastrophic proportions. The task turns out to be more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each component must face the demons of their past, to transcend what has blocked them, allowing them to unite and finally form an unprecedented league of heroes. Finally together, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and Flash (Ezra Miller) may be late to save the planet from Steppenwolf,

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, JK Simmons. The screenplay is by Chris Terrio, from a story by Chris Terrio, Zack Snyder and Will Beall, based on DC characters, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The producers of the film are Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, while the executive producers are Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Wesley Coller, Jim Rowe, Curtis Kanemoto, Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck.
Old 04-12-21, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

Received 422 Likes on 332 Posts

Thank goodness for WB titles, they get dirt cheap.
Old 04-12-21, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 277 Likes on 195 Posts

They'll get my damn money.
Old 04-12-21, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 277 Posts

I wonder if Warner will promote this with Steelbooks and the like.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.