Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

STAR WARS (THE LAST JEDI): 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray ~ March 27

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

STAR WARS (THE LAST JEDI): 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray ~ March 27

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-18, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: STAR WARS (THE LAST JEDI): 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray ~ March 27

Picked up my Target Exclusive earlier and gonna pick up the BB steelbook after work!
Old 03-27-18, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
They had around 40-50 4K Steelbooks left.
That's very good to hear. They had a shit ton of The Force Awakens steelbooks too, so it got discounted all the way to $10. I'm hoping we see some big discounts down the line on this one as well.
Old 03-27-18, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That's very good to hear. They had a shit ton of The Force Awakens steelbooks too, so it got discounted all the way to $10. I'm hoping we see some big discounts down the line on this one as well.
I noticed they put all of the old SBs back out as well, but not TFA for some reason.
Old 03-27-18, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I noticed they put all of the old SBs back out as well, but not TFA for some reason.
Those were limited (not super limited, but limited) and have all been clearanced out by now. They aren't making any more.

Same with Rogue One, but those were all gone within the week of release.

The Steelbooks of the original 6 movies are not limited in any way and are everywhere.
Old 03-27-18, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Target exclusive was sold out by lunchtime so I just got the 4K.
Old 03-27-18, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I picked up the 4K UHD from Best Buy and the Target exclusive. It was the last copy at my local store.

Bestbuy had plenty of the 4K UHD steelbooks. But, they were $7 more and I really have no interest in collecting those.
Old 03-27-18, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Because Amazon has made itself useless for Disney titles, I drove to Target for the BD. I saw an exclusive on the shelf but didn't figure I needed it. I thought about laying down the extra $5 in case I get a 4K TV someday but skipped it.
Old 03-28-18, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Grabbed the regular UHD version from Target. Might watch the digital version on a long plane ride tomorrow.
Old 03-28-18, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Got the BluRay/Digital Combo at Best Buy yesterday (They had a HUGE stand when you first walk it) as it felt like the early 00's when DVD ruled the world.

I posted it in the other thread, but I did not like the movie when I saw it in the theater. It was a different experience last night as I really enjoyed it on a 2nd viewing and look forward to watching it again.
Old 03-28-18, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

The BD is supposed to include a way to watch a score only version via Movies Anywhere, correct?

I thought this was discussed in the streaming forum somewhere, but my search powers are failing.
Old 03-28-18, 03:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I thought that was a digital exclusive.
Old 03-28-18, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Rian Johnson said it could be accessed through purchasing the Bluray as well. I forgot to check for it on Movies Anywhere yesterday. Will report back if someone else doesn't first.
Old 03-28-18, 03:58 PM
Banned by request

Digital only.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...john-williams/

The score is available by signing up for Movies Anywhere, a free service that allows users to link their different accounts and bring all of their digital purchases under one account. Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and others can all be combined for one destination.
Old 03-28-18, 04:10 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by The Cow
The BD is supposed to include a way to watch a score only version via Movies Anywhere, correct?

I thought this was discussed in the streaming forum somewhere, but my search powers are failing.
And I misread your post, but yes it’s viewable via MA. Just go into the movie then scroll down to Music & More.
Old 03-28-18, 04:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The score only version is directly accessible through the iTunes version as well, for those who don't use or don't have access to Movies Anywhere.
Old 03-28-18, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
And I misread your post, but yes it’s viewable via MA. Just go into the movie then scroll down to Music & More.

Got it, I see it now. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old 03-28-18, 05:02 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at this at Walmart and saw 5 different versions of this release: DVD, Blu-Ray + Digital, 2 different Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital releases both with Collectible Packaging (one completely shrink-wrapped, one with the slipcover on the outside), and the 4K + Blu-Ray + Digital. Surprised they didn't have steelbooks there too...
Old 03-28-18, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I was hoping the price for the complete saga on Blu-ray would have dropped this week though it is probably the best selling catalog title of all-time.
Old 03-29-18, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I was hoping the price for the complete saga on Blu-ray would have dropped this week though it is probably the best selling catalog title of all-time.
According to https://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart it is number 26, with the original trilogy being 24. By my count only Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy outrank it on the catalog side.

I agree that it was a missed opportunity to run a sale on the saga though.
Old 03-30-18, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

$74.99 is still too high for the Saga.
Old 03-30-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
According to https://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart it is number 26, with the original trilogy being 24. By my count only Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy outrank it on the catalog side.

I agree that it was a missed opportunity to run a sale on the saga though.
Interesting that since the Original Trilogy and Saga numbers are separate, if you combine them, the Original Trilogy would be #3 after just Frozen and Avatar. And that's not even counting those individual steelbooks.
Old 03-31-18, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

http://www.starwars.com/news/happy-b...blu-ray-covers

From the official site, alternate Blu ray cover art using figures and LEGO.
Old 03-31-18, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Looking at the Movies Anywhere version, there's also a brief (as in two minutes) feature on Rose that's not on the discs.

The Target extra disc contains only a 6-minute feature on creating the porgs that's kind of cute (the most noteworthy part to me was seeing that there was indeed a little person inside of R2 for at least one scene--I thought they had entirely gone away from that in the prequels).

And purchasing the Bluray and redeeming the code does indeed give you access to the digital-only, score-only version.
Old 04-16-18, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I overlook something here? I ordered the 4K edition from Amazon and I received a 2-disc set the past weekend: one is the 4K disc, the other is the feature disc on Blu-ray. There is no additional Blu-ray with the bonus features and the packaging is strictly a 2-disc affair. I spoke with a rep and showed them pics from blu-ray.com's review plus their own product listing which listed the special features (and the slipcover mentions the supplements on both the front and back). I was sent a replacement set today but it's the same deal, 2 discs instead of 3.

Spoke again with a rep and this time I arranged for a refund but am I in the wrong here or did Disney send Amazon some kind of stripped-down version?

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot; for whatever reason, the second Blu-ray is literally right underneath the 4K disc, as in they're resting on the same hub. This is my first Disney 4K so I am not sure if that is the norm, but if it is, that is some cheap-ass packaging, Disney.

Last edited by GreenVulture; 04-16-18 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-17-18, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Did I overlook something here? I ordered the 4K edition from Amazon and I received a 2-disc set the past weekend: one is the 4K disc, the other is the feature disc on Blu-ray. There is no additional Blu-ray with the bonus features and the packaging is strictly a 2-disc affair. I spoke with a rep and showed them pics from blu-ray.com's review plus their own product listing which listed the special features (and the slipcover mentions the supplements on both the front and back). I was sent a replacement set today but it's the same deal, 2 discs instead of 3.

Spoke again with a rep and this time I arranged for a refund but am I in the wrong here or did Disney send Amazon some kind of stripped-down version?

EDIT: Nevermind, I am an idiot; for whatever reason, the second Blu-ray is literally right underneath the 4K disc, as in they're resting on the same hub. This is my first Disney 4K so I am not sure if that is the norm, but if it is, that is some cheap-ass packaging, Disney.
Yes, Disney's packaging is odd. For Blu-Rays (and apparently 4Ks) that have 3 or 4 discs they are stored in standard sized "two-disc" cases (with hubs on both sides) but the hubs are slightly taller so that you can stack the discs on top of each other, rather than the swinging tray in the middle.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.