DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/641699-batman-animated-series-coming-blu-ray-2018-a.html)

whotony 10-30-18 07:10 PM

Re: Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018

Originally Posted by rennervision (Post 13435233)
Anyone else get a Crushed Edition in a blue and white mailer from Amazon today?

Yep

whotony 10-30-18 07:20 PM

I generated a call back and they are sending me a new set. Told me to keep the damaged set.

Ringmaster 10-30-18 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link (Post 13434265)
Many (most? all?) codes are region locked just like the releases. It all comes down to licensing. Just ask that Aussie fellow who relocated to Canada and "lost" some of his movies in iTunes because of region locking/restrictions.

Being specific to this situation, since Warner Bros. has worldwide rights to this set, the UK code may work in the US.

If not, no big deal.

rennervision 10-30-18 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13435308)
I generated a call back and they are sending me a new set. Told me to keep the damaged set.

I just shipped mine back for a replacement, but concerned they are going to send another one in that damn blue & white mailer again. This thing is way too big and fragile without better protection. Since it currently sells for $112.99, you would think Amazon would want to ship it in a freaking box.

DthRdrX 10-30-18 08:30 PM

What I do anymore is stock titles in my cart and after a few weeks when I have a dozen or so I check out. I usually luck out and get everything in a box.

Ordering 1 title at a time is a disaster if you have OCD like me.

wahlers 10-30-18 08:31 PM

FYI, the digital copies appear to be for whatever the service you use it for has already available. For example, I redeemed on Vudu so it just gave me a bundle of the 4 previous volumes in SD only. No Mask of the Phantasm or Sub-Zero movies, no bonus features, etc.

Also, for those wondering, the 4 bonus Sub-Zero episodes on the Sub-Zero movie Blu-ray are still in SD like when the disc was sold separately.

DJariya 10-30-18 08:37 PM

Mine shipped today. I had it sent to one of those Amazon mail boxes at my local 7-11. I usually have them sent there when I'm not home to avoid potential theft or damage from throwing it on my porch.

The price dropped a couple of bucks to $99 and change so with tax it came out to $108 and change.

Red Hood 10-31-18 10:39 AM

Got it too. Just sent it back for a replacement

Red Hood 10-31-18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by wahlers (Post 13435350)
FYI, the digital copies appear to be for whatever the service you use it for has already available. For example, I redeemed on Vudu so it just gave me a bundle of the 4 previous volumes in SD only. No Mask of the Phantasm or Sub-Zero movies, no bonus features, etc.

Also, for those wondering, the 4 bonus Sub-Zero episodes on the Sub-Zero movie Blu-ray are still in SD like when the disc was sold separately.

That's some bullshit there by WB. They need to give us what we bought which is digital copies on HD. I know they have them available since the DC streaming channel has them.

Mike86 10-31-18 11:06 AM

I still find it dumb that WB is calling this set complete when they left out Mystery of the Batwoman. The thing that’s dumb about it is that it’s already on Blu-ray so all they would have had to have done is included it in the set. I own it anyways, but it seems stupid that the entire series and other two films are included. I know earlier PhantomStranger tried to say that it’s a separate film, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t and was spawned from The New Batman Adventures. Just seems like a weird/lazy omission.

DWilson 10-31-18 11:06 AM

They sent it out Monday and my original target date was Tuesday. However, it didn't get to Missouri until 9pm last night. It's out for delivery this morning. I'm sitting here reading nothing but horror stories and I'm just sweating this out at work and wondering what I'll find when I get home.

DthRdrX 10-31-18 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13435611)
I still find it dumb that WB is calling this set complete when they left out Mystery of the Batwoman. The thing that’s dumb about it is that it’s already on Blu-ray so all they would have had to have done is included it in the set. I own it anyways, but it seems stupid that the entire series and other two films are included. I know earlier PhantomStranger tried to say that it’s a separate film, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t and was spawned from The New Batman Adventures. Just seems like a weird/lazy omission.

I agree they should have thrown it in.

I hope we see the other DCAU sets released in the future. I've actually never watched Batman Beyond before, just Return of the Joker. Superman TAS would be great.

Inhumans99 10-31-18 12:57 PM

Were the folks who returned doing so because it was super crushed, my box has damage but it is not insanely bad. The box is not all that to begin with and the Pops and everything else look to be undamaged (the Pops are kind of cute...like those small heroclix figures). I suspect that a replacement set might end up showing up with more damage than the set I have in my hands.

The damage is a bit of light/light medium corner crush, and side evidence the box was pushed in and got creased, but the top/bottom sides and right side are okay, along with the front and back pretty much looking close to if not in new condition. I think I am going to keep...returning this set only to get one in worse shape is not a gamble I want to take. I am paranoid because I think they would send the replacement in another padded envelope even if I begged/kindly asked/instructed them to use a box.

Mike86 10-31-18 01:02 PM

I watched an unboxing video on YouTube and it looks like there’s a flimsy case that the Pops are housed in and the Blu-ray set is inside of. I’d probably just toss that part anyways personally. Curious what the UK release will be like.

Why So Blu? 10-31-18 01:06 PM

Curious what the UK release will be like.
$45 dollars cheaper. ;)

Mike86 10-31-18 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 13435701)
$45 dollars cheaper. ;)

Yep, that’s why I went with it. Justice wondering if aside from the different region symbols if the actual packaging will differ any.

hdnmickey 10-31-18 01:13 PM

Given how often I've received partially crushed box sets in perfect looking outer boxes, I suspect many are in that condition before they are even shipped to the customer. There have been some so bad that the person who shipped it along to the customer should have been fired. These warehouse shippers don't seem to have any level or "too damaged to ship" because I've received some items that should have been tossed they were so badly damaged.

fujishig 10-31-18 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13435712)
Given how often I've received partially crushed box sets in perfect looking outer boxes, I suspect many are in that condition before they are even shipped to the customer. There have been some so bad that the person who shipped it along to the customer should have been fired. These warehouse shippers don't seem to have any level or "too damaged to ship" because I've received some items that should have been tossed they were so badly damaged.

The warehouse workers are so pressed to fulfill quotas that they're peeing in bottles, I doubt they care that your Batman box has a slight ding on the edge... ;)

PhantomStranger 10-31-18 01:59 PM

Yes, my box was completely crushed on the front face. I just went ahead and requested a replacement through Amazon's return service, though reports of people calling in and getting to keep the damaged sets makes me regret automatically returning it.

Boba Fett 10-31-18 07:57 PM

Yeah, Amazon is more than happy to issue a partial refund. I got a D&D book someone dropped on the corner and they had me upload a pic and then gave me $10 back on a $25 purchase that was already 50% off.

Ive even had them tell me to keep board games with crushed lids for free and been given an additional $10 credit for the future.

actionjackson29 10-31-18 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 (Post 13435691)
Were the folks who returned doing so because it was super crushed, my box has damage but it is not insanely bad. The box is not all that to begin with and the Pops and everything else look to be undamaged (the Pops are kind of cute...like those small heroclix figures). I suspect that a replacement set might end up showing up with more damage than the set I have in my hands.

The damage is a bit of light/light medium corner crush, and side evidence the box was pushed in and got creased, but the top/bottom sides and right side are okay, along with the front and back pretty much looking close to if not in new condition. I think I am going to keep...returning this set only to get one in worse shape is not a gamble I want to take. I am paranoid because I think they would send the replacement in another padded envelope even if I begged/kindly asked/instructed them to use a box.

The outer box is so thin and flimsy they’re all probably lightly damaged. Mine came in a box and still had damage. I usually don’t send things back unless I can’t use them.

DJariya 10-31-18 10:56 PM

FYI

actionjackson29 11-01-18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13436037)

:thumbsup:

mattysemo247 11-02-18 02:54 PM

My Target order finally shipped. I was getting a little concerned since it's been sold out there for awhile now. For $86.53 total, I can wait a few more days.

DJariya 11-02-18 03:25 PM

Mine arrived 2 days ago also in a bubble envelope. But, as I mentioned, I had it shipped to on of those Amazon mail boxes and it arrived in decent condition. No major dings or crushes.

Haven't had time to go through it yet, but it's a decent looking set.

My digital code is for sale if anyone who is holding out on buying it. It's $45. PM me if you're interested. As I posted above WB is aware of the SD issue with the digital copy and is working to fix it.

I subscribe to DC Universe, which has the series in HD, so I have no need for the digital copy.