DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/641699-batman-animated-series-coming-blu-ray-2018-a.html)

DVD Josh 11-29-18 04:07 PM

Re: Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018

Already back up to $100 at both WM and Amazon. That didn't last long.

davidh777 11-29-18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13452671)
Already back up to $100 at both WM and Amazon. That didn't last long.

I had it in my cart when I saw your post, but it let me complete the purchase at $62. I kept expecting to get rejected at each step.

b2net 11-29-18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13452625)
What's FN?

FandangoNOW

b2net 11-29-18 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13452613)
Be aware that V3Ep29 (Batgirl Returns) transfers to myUV as Ep 3 of Batman: Super Villains which does not import to FN as that series is not on FN.

While V1Ep15 (Cat and the Claw Part 1), V1Ep16 (Cat and the Claw Part 2), and V1Ep23 (Vendetta) all transfer correctly to myUV, these episodes do not import into FN.

FN stated none of the series is UV. I explained that all but 4 episodes imported. They still insisted the series was not UV on FN and suggested I contact WB

WB stated it is a VUDU issue.

I submitted a help ticket to VUDU and hoped to get an answer or fix. I hoped this gets resolution and not passed to UV support.

As of now they simply re-pushed the episodes to UV which changed nothing. Basically those 4 episodes are licensed as being from other sets.

Stay tuned.

*FN=FandangoNOW

And now VUDU is sending me to UV. It is clear to me that WB gave VUDU the wrong license for these 4 episodes as they are from different sets. Ugh

PhantomStranger 11-30-18 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13452877)
And now VUDU is sending me to UV. It is clear to me that WB gave VUDU the wrong license for these 4 episodes as they are from different sets. Ugh

There was a UV code for those episodes in SD several years ago from a Catwoman DVD set. One possible way may be for you to go into your UV account and delete the UV rights to that Catwoman release. This is just a guess, I have not tried it.

b2net 11-30-18 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13453193)
There was a UV code for those episodes in SD several years ago from a Catwoman DVD set. One possible way may be for you to go into your UV account and delete the UV rights to that Catwoman release. This is just a guess, I have not tried it.

That appears when submitting the Complete Series code via VUDU. When viewing my collection via Sony, they show 2 or 3 other odd Batman Series that I didn't have prior to using this code. I bet the other 3 episodes are the same category. WB provided VUDU licenses for those episodes linked to other collections.

davidh777 12-04-18 07:22 PM

My Amazon package arrived in a day, with the set in bubble wrap and an air pillow in a sturdy box. Looks like it's in good shape. :up:

mattysemo247 12-05-18 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 13455668)
My Amazon package arrived in a day, with the set in bubble wrap and an air pillow in a sturdy box. Looks like it's in good shape. :up:

Same here. Glad they heard all the complaints.

mrhan 12-05-18 11:53 AM

So, does anyone know what actually happens to those sets that were sent back? I sent the messed up one they originally sent me back in the same envelope mailer. I'm sure it was really jacked up by the time it got back to them.

DVD Josh 12-05-18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 13456162)
So, does anyone know what actually happens to those sets that were sent back? I sent the messed up one they originally sent me back in the same envelope mailer. I'm sure it was really jacked up by the time it got back to them.

They will probably end up in either Amazon warehouse sales or in their bulk returns sales.

Trevor 12-05-18 01:09 PM

I’m waiting to buy one of the cosmetic damage ones for ~$40 someday.

Ringmaster 12-06-18 12:15 AM

I'm starting to notice that there are some audio issues with some of the episodes. For example, I just watched "Home & Garden", when Batman destroys Poison Ivy's plant monsters with the weed killer in the green house, the audio gets low and modulated. The sound is fine in the next scene.

Can someone check their copies too? I'm going to have to start jotting these imperfections down because I know I heard similar things in other episodes too.

hdnmickey 12-06-18 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster (Post 13456566)
I'm starting to notice that there are some audio issues with some of the episodes. For example, I just watched "Home & Garden", when Batman destroys Poison Ivy's plant monsters with the weed killer in the green house, the audio gets low and modulated. The sound is fine in the next scene.

Is it the same on the digital copy of the same episode?

Ringmaster 12-06-18 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13456704)
Is it the same on the digital copy of the same episode?

Haven't redeemed the digital code yet.

ViewAskewbian 12-06-18 12:08 PM

Audio has some scattered issues (Cape and Cowl Conspiracy being most noticable) but video is more all over with lots of softer, less sharp and bright scenes mixed in with the gorgeous looking stuff. Check out The Lion and the Unicorns smokey or foggy scenes or Riddler`s Reform for some of the big examples.

Not enough for me to turn this in but it did make me want to check my vision until read other reports and reviews

hdnmickey 12-07-18 10:18 AM

If people haven't seen it yet, I was able to find an unboxing video of the standard set and it comes in two standard multi-disc blu-ray cases with a slipcover. Plus there is a episode guide booklet in place of the pages of the digibook in the deluxe version.

Bluelitespecial 12-07-18 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13457547)
If people haven't seen it yet, I was able to find an unboxing video of the standard set and it comes in two standard multi-disc blu-ray cases with a slipcover. Plus there is a episode guide booklet in place of the pages of the digibook in the deluxe version.

I checked Amazon and the Deluxe Edition is in stock, but the Standard edition said it will ship in 1 to 2 months. That seems very strange.

Bluelitespecial 12-07-18 09:04 PM

I just checked Walmart, the standard edition is $69.96 online and you can get in-store pickup.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-Th...Copy/165835072

fujishig 12-10-18 03:55 PM

Deluxe edition is back down to 79.99 on Amazon (same as it's been at Best Buy all this time).

b2net 12-12-18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13452613)
Be aware that V3Ep29 (Batgirl Returns) transfers to myUV as Ep 3 of Batman: Super Villains which does not import to FN as that series is not on FN.

While V1Ep15 (Cat and the Claw Part 1), V1Ep16 (Cat and the Claw Part 2), and V1Ep23 (Vendetta) all transfer correctly to myUV, these episodes do not import into FN.

FN stated none of the series is UV. I explained that all but 4 episodes imported. They still insisted the series was not UV on FN and suggested I contact WB

WB stated it is a VUDU issue.

I submitted a help ticket to VUDU and hoped to get an answer or fix. I hoped this gets resolution and not passed to UV support.

As of now they simply re-pushed the episodes to UV which changed nothing. Basically those 4 episodes are licensed as being from other sets.

Stay tuned.

*FN=FandangoNOW

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 13452877)

UV support stated this is a known issue and will be fixed so all episodes show up at all UV providers aligned to the correct series.

mattysemo247 12-25-18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 13440853)
My wife decided to keep mine as a Christmas present since she always has trouble finding something I really want. So I have to wait a bit longer :(

Finally got to open this today and it really is a beautiful set. I just scanned a couple episodes and they look absolutely amazing. I'm so thrilled that this finally came out and glad to see so much effort put into it. And the included HD digital copies is just the cherry on top.

Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a Batman Beyond set in a few years.

Bluelitespecial 01-05-19 09:24 AM

Okay so I understand the Limited Edition set being out of print, but is the standard addition bluray set OOP as well? The only listing I found on Amazon was right here.

mattysemo247 01-05-19 09:36 AM

The LE isn't out of stock yet, it's just on backorder for $112

Bluelitespecial 01-05-19 09:48 AM

That's good to know, but what about the standard bluray set?

mattysemo247 01-05-19 10:03 AM

It looks like it just might be temporarily out of stock at Amazon. Walmart and others should still have it, did you check there?