DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/641699-batman-animated-series-coming-blu-ray-2018-a.html)

fumanstan 11-09-18 07:00 PM

Re: Batman: The Animated Series - coming to Blu-ray in 2018

I haven't redeemed mine either, I'll do so this weekend.

DJariya 11-09-18 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 13441511)
So, the code in the set is now able to access the HD versions? I haven't redeemed mine 'cause I thought they were suppose to email an updated code.

Yes confirmed they all redeem in HD now.

I'm assuming Vudu sent a new code to those who had already redeemed it and it came out in SD initially.

Why So Blu? 11-09-18 11:46 PM

Watched the first 3 episodes of my UK set - shit is immaculate! I was blessed that that the set arrived undamaged. Now I will have to see about the Digital HD copies that probably won't redeem on U.S. soil. It's all good, though, especially for the price I paid for it.

Ringmaster 11-10-18 04:00 PM

Looks like you can redeem the UK codes, at least on Flixter.

http://www.uvcode.com/redeeming-fore...des-in-the-us/

The Blu rays look amazing by the way. It's a bummer the UK disc of MOTP only has the Widescreen version. I already have the WB Archive disc so it's not a big deal to me but some might care who don't already own it.

Either way, no regret in getting the UK box set and Amazon UK sent it in a box and not a padded envelope!

Mike86 11-10-18 05:09 PM

Mask of the Phantasm was a theatrical release so wouldn't the widescreen version be the OAR version? Still waiting on mine to arrive, estimated date is the 15th.

mrhan 11-10-18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13441550)
Yes confirmed they all redeem in HD now.

I'm assuming Vudu sent a new code to those who had already redeemed it and it came out in SD initially.

Cool, thanks, bro.

Why So Blu? 11-10-18 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster (Post 13441824)
Looks like you can redeem the UK codes, at least on Flixter.

http://www.uvcode.com/redeeming-fore...des-in-the-us/

The Blu rays look amazing by the way. It's a bummer the UK disc of MOTP only has the Widescreen version. I already have the WB Archive disc so it's not a big deal to me but some might care who don't already own it.

Either way, no regret in getting the UK box set and Amazon UK sent it in a box and not a padded envelope!

I thought FLixtser shutdown? That's an old ass article from 2014,

EDIT: They did:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/20/1...ice-shuts-down

E Unit 11-10-18 10:05 PM

Isn’t Flixster is still alive in Canada?

b2net 11-11-18 06:33 AM

I thought only Flixster US shut down.

Why So Blu? 11-11-18 07:18 AM

I'm in the U.S., so Flixster does me no good.

b2net 11-11-18 08:41 AM

While I've never done it, I think the article was how to get it into Flixster from UK and have it still sync to a US UV account.

mattysemo247 11-11-18 10:15 AM

DVD Josh 11-11-18 12:42 PM

Wow, that's an incredible difference. Can't wait to get mine. Still not getting rid of my DVD box set though :)

Mike86 11-11-18 12:57 PM

I’ve still got the individual DVD sets which I’ll hold on to just for nostalgic reasons. Never had the complete series box set for Batman: The Animated Series, but do have the complete series set for Batman Beyond. My UK Blu-ray set comes in tomorrow. Looking forward to going through it.

Why So Blu? 11-11-18 02:24 PM

I'm on disc #2 - I'm not leaving the house today at all. This is one of the best Blu-ray sets of the year.

b2net 11-11-18 03:40 PM

Very happy to snag this for $65 after using a bonus $15 certificate from Best Buy. It is still $79.99 on their site right now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-...?skuId=6303729

mattysemo247 11-11-18 03:47 PM

I wonder how it's different than this one? It has a different SKU, but using the same photo.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman-...skuId=34255978

tonyc3742 11-11-18 05:15 PM

That comparison is very impressive, I'm looking forward to diving into this set.
Those of you keeping the DVDs, either individual sets or the Complete, mind if I ask why?
I'm debating what to do with my complete set. I know resale value will probably be minimal, but if I could recoup some, that would be nice - unless there's value in keeping it. Same with the digital codes from this release, I have some digital content but I really don't know if I will ever use it.

Mike86 11-11-18 05:36 PM

No particular reason for me keeping the DVDs other than nostalgia and that I’m a fanboy of the series and still like having both. I might put the DVD sets in a display with some of my figures from the show or something eventually.

mattysemo247 11-11-18 09:54 PM

This came in fourth place last week in blu ray sales. That's pretty damn good for a box set with an MSRP over $100.

fumanstan 11-11-18 10:24 PM

I still have the individual DVD sets, but i'll likely sell them/trade them in. I don't really need to keep them around, especially with the digital copies.

Kedrix 11-12-18 08:04 AM

I get my set today from Target, they finally shipped it last week and hopefully they listened to me when I said place it in a box, not cardboard shrinkwrap. Incidentally, I received a game from Target over the weekend (Buy 2 get 1 free), and it was actually placed in a box (so maybe there is something on my account). So here is hoping.

EDIT: My wife received it a few minutes and said it came in a box, yeahie! She also asked who the set was for, me or my toddler. To which I promptly replied, the digital code is for Keaton Michael and the physical copy is for me :).

Mike86 11-13-18 05:43 AM

Damn do the episodes of this look good. A lot of times I’ll think something looks good, but can’t really tell a huge difference. This though is easily the best I’ve seen this show ever look. Very worthwhile upgrade and a well done set by WB.

Kedrix 11-13-18 08:29 AM

Yeah, I'll have to sit down and watch a few episodes tonight on disc. My set was packaged in a box, it got a little dinged from UPS (presumably) but from what i can tell was in far better shape than a lot of other people who received theirs in the mail. I basically separated the box with the funkos and the cards away from the blu-ray book.

Then I put the Funko/card box up on top of one of my bookcases to prevent any further damage and then put the book in with the rest of my blu-ray boxsets on the shelf. Oh and took out the digital code and redeemed it today for my son :). All 4 volumes and the two movies in HDX, good times.

E Unit 11-13-18 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 13442529)
I get my set today from Target, they finally shipped it last week and hopefully they listened to me when I said place it in a box, not cardboard shrinkwrap. Incidentally, I received a game from Target over the weekend (Buy 2 get 1 free), and it was actually placed in a box (so maybe there is something on my account). So here is hoping.

EDIT: My wife received it a few minutes and said it came in a box, yeahie! She also asked who the set was for, me or my toddler. To which I promptly replied, the digital code is for Keaton Michael and the physical copy is for me :).

My kids take all the codes...

My set was in perfect condition from Target, no dings or crushed corners.