HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Best Buy Finished w/ Physical Media?

Old 04-01-19, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: Best Buy Finished w/ Physical Media?

The Shout/Scream pricing seems to be such a no-go that bestbuy.com doesn't even carry those titles, which makes it that less likely that they'd carry 'em in-store. At least, not the recent ones I spotchecked: The Manitou, Perfect Blue (distributing for GKIDS), Valentine, The Deadly Mantis... I did notice Valentine: The Dark Avenger available for preorder, though, so I guess it's not a blanket thing.

Best Buy does occasionally get in some of those cult titles. I picked up The Gate in-store a couple years ago, anyway.
Old 04-01-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Best Buy does occasionally get in some of those cult titles. I picked up The Gate in-store a couple years ago, anyway.
Yup! In the last 2 years, Best Buy has gotten quite a few of the Vestron Titles in-store, even having a specific In-Store & Online sale at one time as well.

Out of the entire Vestron catalog, I've seen some Best Buy stores carry (at one time) at least half of the titles available.
Old 04-04-19, 09:06 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It used to take me 20 minutes to browse Target's video section, now it takes about 3 minutes. Our Best Buy still has quite a bit of media, I can still spend 20 to 30 minutes browsing videos in there. It's almost not worth it for me to visit Target anymore, Walmart has better prices on most other stuff anyway, especially media, and that's saying a lot because Walmart doesn't seem to want to compete with anyone anymore. Best buy's prices are still higher than I'd like but every once in awhile they surprise me.