DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Rogue One: A Star Wars Story -- April 4, 2017 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/639156-rogue-one-star-wars-story-april-4-2017-a.html)

DJariya 02-22-17 02:25 PM

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story -- April 4, 2017

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/up...l-849x1024.jpg

Best Buy Steelbook:

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/up...k-1024x540.jpg

Target 5-disc set:

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/up...k-1024x602.jpg

Walmart 3-disc set:

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/up...t-1024x613.jpg

A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes* – back to the screen.
Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES

In addition, a selection of retailer exclusives will be available for pre-order starting February 23, featuring unique packaging and configurations:

Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)
Walmart Exclusive: 3-disc set with exclusive K-2SO packaging and two Galactic Connexions trading discs (two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + K-2SO packaging + two Galactic Connexions trading discs)

Alan Smithee 02-22-17 02:44 PM

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story -- April 4, 2017

Yay, a US 3D release! I've already got it pre-ordered from Zavvi though, as my confidence in this happening wasn't very high. Looks like there's going to be a ton of different versions of this out.

TheMovieman 02-22-17 02:47 PM

In for the Target set.

Obi-Wanma 02-22-17 02:48 PM

I know this is my collector OCD talking, but the K2SO head art should be on the Steelbook release, so that it matches all the other Star Wars Steelbooks.

E Unit 02-22-17 03:03 PM

Whoa, why does Target have a 3D releas exclusive?

Whoops, nevermind, Best Buy also has it.

DJariya 02-22-17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 13017576)
Whoa, why does Target have a 3D releas exclusive?

Look closely. The 3D disc is with the Best Buy steelbook.

It's also with the Target set.

E Unit 02-22-17 03:06 PM

Yeah, I changed my comments. I read that after.

milo bloom 02-22-17 03:20 PM

Target for me. Wonder if I can sell that 3D disc?

hdnmickey 02-22-17 03:21 PM

Target really has a woody for those make your own cover/character card sets recently. If only they worked as well as we all would like. But the reality is they all just kind of slip around inside the slipcover. Might be into the BB steelbook if they price isn't insane like it was for Doctor Strange. Otherwise probably going with the Target version for the bonus disc (not the packaging).

Josh-da-man 02-22-17 03:23 PM

No deleted scenes? What the fuck? They reshot half of the movie and the trailers are full of shit that didn't make the final cut.

Guess I'll be getting the Target exclusive. Looks like it's similar to their Star Trek Beyond release, with a clear plastic slipcover and interchangeable art cards. Also looks like it comes with a bonus DVD with some exclusive content.

The art on that Best Buy steelbook looks really bland. Probably should have changed the interior and exterior art.

TheMovieman 02-22-17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13017596)
No deleted scenes? What the fuck? They reshot half of the movie and the trailers are full of shit that didn't make the final cut.

I wonder if they will release some sort of special cut (a la X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut), perhaps to be released when Episode 8 comes out, or if it'll be lost in time. Or, and this is a pipe dream, if they released the original original trilogy on Blu-ray.

kefrank 02-22-17 03:56 PM

In this case I actually find the standard cover art to be my favorite. The Target cover art is a close second I guess.

stvn1974 02-22-17 04:07 PM

I guess they are saving the commentary track and deleted scenes for the next release.

mattysemo247 02-22-17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13017592)
Target for me. Wonder if I can sell that 3D disc?

Sure. To me, for $5 :)

Honestly though, I'm excited to see that the Target exclusive can only be bought with the 3D version. eBay is going to be flooded with 3D only discs.

anomynous 02-22-17 04:23 PM

Steelbook cover is terrible

kefrank 02-22-17 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 13017653)
Steelbook cover is terrible

Yeah seriously. Whose brilliant idea was that design? Ugh. I like steelbooks, but I've actually not been much of a fan of any of the Star Wars steelbooks so far.

DJariya 02-22-17 04:59 PM

I actually like the regular artwork the best. However, I'll probably end up getting the Target version due to the exclusive content.

I'm betting these will be anywhere from $22.99 to $27.99 release week. The regular edition will probably be between $22-24.

Decker 02-22-17 06:00 PM

Does anyone remember the Target exclusive TFA? It looked great on the mock-ups but was a flimsy POS in real life.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...-3-590x900.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NT..._id=880000500F

I'll get the Best Buy Steelbook.

hdnmickey 02-22-17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13017720)
Does anyone remember the Target exclusive TFA? It looked great on the mock-ups but was a flimsy POS in real life.

Sure do. Terrible. My local store still has a ton of them left. Not sure they will ever get much for them.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-22-17 07:16 PM

The best buy steelbook is already sold out online or they have not posted it yet?

GuessWho 02-22-17 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13017754)
The best buy steelbook is already sold out online or they have not posted it yet?

From the original post

In addition, a selection of retailer exclusives will be available for pre-order starting February 23

So... tomorrow

Ranger 02-22-17 09:04 PM

Loved this movie. Probably will get the BD from Walmart.

OldBoy 02-22-17 09:15 PM

I'll get the Target. Fuck the SteelBook! Yeah, I said it!!

Mike86 02-22-17 09:45 PM

I actually prefer the regular version over any of the exclusives but I'd like the bonus material from Target.

GoldenJCJ 02-22-17 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13017828)
I actually prefer the regular version over any of the exclusives but I'd like the bonus material from Target.

Same here. I prefer the regular artwork and packaging but am interested in the extra content. Oddly, I had the same exact feeling about The Force Awakens.

However, if I arrive at Target on release day and the Target exclusive is as shitty and flimsy as the exclusive for The Force Awakens packaging I might just end up buying the regular version.