DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Did Best Buy finally get stickers that are easily peelable? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/637627-did-best-buy-finally-get-stickers-easily-peelable.html)

Hazel Motes 10-05-16 02:21 AM

Did Best Buy finally get stickers that are easily peelable?

For the longest time whenever they put their sticker on a slipcover it would take a small army to peel it off and it almost always left sticky residue. Today I bought 3 blu's and the stickers all came off the slipcover like a dream. Maybe they clued in.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Alan Smithee 10-05-16 02:37 AM

Re: Did Best Buy finally get stickers that are easily peelable?

I won't even buy an unsealed slipcover if the store has put any sort of tags on it.

JeffTheAlpaca 10-05-16 05:46 PM

If you order from them online about 99% of the time there are no stickers on the slipcover.

GoldenJCJ 10-05-16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 12915009)
I won't even buy an unsealed slipcover if the store has put any sort of tags on it.

I don't think I've ever seen a sealed slipcover. Is that even a thing?

hdnmickey 10-05-16 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ (Post 12915661)
I don't think I've ever seen a sealed slipcover. Is that even a thing?

They are becoming more and more common. Especially any exclusives and titles from Scream Factory. Probably because of all the folks that buy a copy with the slip and then turn around and return it without the slip.

kd5 10-05-16 09:41 PM

Recently bought Ant-Man complete w/ slipcover, originally came from Best Buy, still had their sticker on it. Couldn't believe it when the damned thing peeled right off without a hair dryer and olive oil to get the sticky crap off. I hope it's a new policy with them, I've always hated their stupid stickers, they dont even have a price on them, what's the point anyway?

JoeyOhhhh 10-06-16 08:32 AM

After seeing so many complaints over the years, I've only had this issue once, and it wasn't even a Best Buy sticker, it was some random sticker on the Machete slipcover.

I never had an issue peeling off any of the stickers on slipcover

nickdawgy 10-06-16 08:57 AM

I got the new X-Men movie and the sticker won't peel off the slip without tearing it.

hdnmickey 10-06-16 09:09 AM

Worst issue I have always has is when it's a foil slipcover and the sticker takes off some of the foil artwork. And it's often the stickers and labels the studio puts there, not any store like BB. The worst are those ones with the peel off tab with movie codes or coupons.

Maxflier 10-06-16 10:01 AM

It's probably just the slipcover itself, some of them, like the shiny ones, the sticker comes right off of. Whereas the matted (not sure if that is even the right word) ones you aren't getting that sticker off without reside or even damage.

PerryD 10-06-16 10:12 AM

Those security sticker seals under the shrinkwrap are the worst, and sometimes the paper sleeve is sticking out slightly and get ripped since it's attached to that security tape.

But I haven't had too many issues with the ones on the slipcover, just sometimes there are so many of them.

bunkaroo 10-07-16 09:47 AM

I just got all 8 Harry Potter 2-disc re-releases from Best Buy and all had sealed slipcovers.

asianxcore 10-07-16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 12915992)
It's probably just the slipcover itself, some of them, like the shiny ones, the sticker comes right off of. Whereas the matted (not sure if that is even the right word) ones you aren't getting that sticker off without reside or even damage.

^
This

I bought the 3D BD of X-Men: Apocalypse from Best Buy earlier this week and it was still difficult to take off.

With Best Buy's stickers, I usually just try to peel just the top layer of the sticker off, leaving it 'fuzzy'. Then put some Goo Gone on it, let it sit for 10+ minutes and then the rest of the sticker just slides right off.

Alan Smithee 10-07-16 06:58 PM

If the stickers are from the studio and pertain to the disc itself (listing extras for example, or advertising the digital copy) I leave those on, but if there's any put on by the retailer then I don't buy it- if I inadvertently get one in the mail with one though, I'll just leave it on and bitch to whoever sent it.

Hazel Motes 10-08-16 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 12915992)

I think you're right.