Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones -- The Complete Sixth Season -- 11/15/16

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL FEATURES:
In-Episode Guide – Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
Histories and Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 18 history pieces.
The Old Way: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Kingsmoot: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Sunset Sea: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
War of the Ninepenny Kings: narrated by Brother Ray (Ian McShane)
The Great Tourney at Harrenhal: narrated by Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick)
Robert's Rebellion: narrated by Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)
Vaes Dothrak: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
The Dothraki: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
Northern Allegiances to House Stark: narrated by Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner)
Children of the Forest vs. the First Men: narrated by the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow)
Brotherhood Without Banners: narrated by Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye)
Oldtown: narrated by Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and Qyburn (Anton Lesser)
House Dayne: narrated by Young Ned Stark (Robert Aramayo)
The Little Birds: narrated by Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)
Knights of the Vale: narrated by Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish (Aidan Gillen)
House Tarly: narrated by Randyll Tarly (James Faulkner)
Riverrun: narrated by Brynden 'the Blackfish' Tully (Clive Russell)
Great Sept of Baelor: narrated by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)

ADDITIONAL SPECIAL FEATURES:
The Battle of the Bastards: An In-Depth Look – Behind-the-scenes piece examining the production challenges of creating this epic event, including explorations of VFX, stunts, and interviews with key cast and crew.
Recreating the Dothraki World – Behind-the-scenes piece looking at the creation of Vaes Dothrak and its importance to Dany's evolution.
18 Hours at the Paint Hall –Follow all three shooting units as they converge in this behind-the-scenes snapshot of a day in the life of the largest show on television
Audio Commentaries – The most commentaries ever recorded for Game of Thrones, featuring:
Episode 601: Director Jeremy Podeswa, Director of Photography Greg Middleton, and Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne)
Episode 602: Writer Dave Hill, Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), and Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd)
Episode 603: Director Daniel Sackheim, Production Designer Deborah Riley, and Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon)
Episode 604: Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm)
Episode 605 (2 commentaries): Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy), Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), and Kristian Nairn (Hodor); Prosthetics Supervisor Barrie Gower, Camera Operators Chris Plevin and Ben Wilson, and Executive Producer Bernadette Caulfield
Episode 606: Director Jack Bender, Director of Photography Jonathan Freeman, John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), and Hannah Murray (Gilly)
Episode 607: Producer/Writer Bryan Cogman, Ian McShane (Septon Ray), and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)
Episode 608: Director Mark Mylod, Essie Davis (Lady Crane), and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
Episode 609 (2 commentaries): Director Miguel Sapochnik, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), and Kit Harington (Jon Snow); Director of Photography Fabian Wagner, Visual Effects Producer Steve Kullback, and Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Bauer
Episode 610 (2 commentaries): Executive Producers/Writers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister); Special Effects Supervisor Sam Conway, Camera Operator Sean Savage, and Producer Chris Newman
Deleted Scenes – Four deleted scenes.

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...8886848&sr=8-1

As a courtesy, don't post any show or episode related spoilers in this thread. There are some here who don't subscribe to HBO and don't stream it either.
Old 07-18-16, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones -- The Complete Sixth Season -- 11/15/16

No doubt we will see 3 or 4 retailer exclusive nous discs again. Thankfully only the Target exclusive has been interesting to me for the last couple seasons because nobody wants to buy full sets just for bonus discs. And the UK version doesn't work for me since I want the iTunes code.
Old 07-18-16, 07:29 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Can't wait to get the Atmos version of this season. The Battle of the Bastards episode alone will be worth it.
Old 07-19-16, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the soonest a season has been released on home video as far as I remember. All the previous seasons were released in Jan/Feb/March I recall.
Old 07-20-16, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
This is the soonest a season has been released on home video as far as I remember. All the previous seasons were released in Jan/Feb/March I recall.
Yep I believe you are correct, prior seasons all came out within a month or two before the next season started airing.

With the next season now set to debut in "Summer 2017," glad they're releasing Season 6 sooner rather than later.
Old 07-20-16, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

They've also loosened up the digital dates. They used to match the physical dates, but now they come out months earlier.

Definitely in for the BD since I'll be killing my HBO Now subscription soon.
Old 07-20-16, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Here's the official press release. Some repeats of what I posted earlier:

Nominated for 23 Emmy Awards
Including Outstanding Drama Series

GAME OF THRONES:
THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON

Available for Blu-ray & DVD
November 15, 2016

"Thrillingly atavistic
...inspiring" - Vulture.com

New York, N.Y., July 18, 2016 - Last year's Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Drama Series and currently nominated for 23 2016 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Writing, Outstanding Directing Outstanding Supporting Actress (Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams) and Outstanding Supporting Actor (Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington), Game of Thrones is bigger than ever delivering "the power and pathos fans have come to expect" (Los Angeles Times). The HBO drama has consistently been the top selling TV on DVD/BD for the past five years, and now fans can get the most recent season earlier than ever when Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season debuts from HBO Home Entertainment on Blu-ray with Digital HD and DVD November 15, 2016. The set features all 10 episodes, plus extensive bonus content:

Blu-ray with Digital Copy - includes all DVD features plus:

In-Episode Guide - Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
Histories and Lore - Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 18 history pieces.
The Old Way: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Kingsmoot: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
The Sunset Sea: narrated by Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk)
War of the Ninepenny Kings: narrated by Brother Ray (Ian McShane)
The Great Tourney at Harrenhal: narrated by Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick)
Robert's Rebellion: narrated by Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)
Vaes Dothrak: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
The Dothraki: narrated by Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
Northern Allegiances to House Stark: narrated by Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner)
Children of the Forest vs. the First Men: narrated by the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow)
Brotherhood Without Banners: narrated by Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye)
Oldtown: narrated by Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and Qyburn (Anton Lesser)
House Dayne: narrated by Young Ned Stark (Robert Aramayo)
The Little Birds: narrated by Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)
Knights of the Vale: narrated by Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish (Aidan Gillen)
House Tarly: narrated by Randyll Tarly (James Faulkner)
Riverrun: narrated by Brynden 'The Blackfish' Tully (Clive Russell)
Great Sept of Baelor: narrated by the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce)

DVD:

The Battle of the Bastards: An In-Depth Look - Behind-the-scenes piece examining the production challenges of creating this epic event, including explorations of VFX, stunts, and interviews with key cast and crew.
Recreating the Dothraki World - Behind-the-scenes piece looking at the creation of Vaes Dothrak and its importance to Dany's evolution.
18 Hours at the Paint Hall - Follow all three shooting units as they converge in this behind-the-scenes snapshot of a day in the life of the largest show on television
Audio Commentaries - The most commentaries ever recorded for Game of Thrones, featuring:
Episode 601: Director Jeremy Podeswa, Director of Photography Greg Middleton, and Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne)
Episode 602: Writer Dave Hill, Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), and Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd)
Episode 603: Director Daniel Sackheim, Production Designer Deborah Riley, and Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon)
Episode 604: Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm)
Episode 605 (2 commentaries):
Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy), Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), and Kristian Nairn (Hodor)
Prosthetics Supervisor Barrie Gower, Camera Operators Chris Plevin and Ben Wilson, and Executive Producer Bernadette Caulfield
Episode 606: Director Jack Bender, Director of Photography Jonathan Freeman, John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), and Hannah Murray (Gilly)
Episode 607: Producer/Writer Bryan Cogman, Ian McShane (Septon Ray), and Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell)
Episode 608: Director Mark Mylod, Essie Davis (Lady Crane), and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
Episode 609 (2 commentaries):
Director Miguel Sapochnik, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), and Kit Harington (Jon Snow)
Director of Photography Fabian Wagner, Visual Effects Producer Steve Kullback, and Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Bauer
Episode 610 (2 commentaries):
Executive Producers/Writers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)
Special Effects Supervisor Sam Conway, Camera Operator Sean Savage, and Producer Chris Newman
Deleted Scenes - Four deleted scenes.
The most-watched series in HBO history and a worldwide TV phenomenon, Game of Thrones returns with another power season. This year, after the shocking developments at the end of Season 5 - including Jon Snow's bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys' near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei's public humiliation in the streets of King's Landing - survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south.

About HBO Home Entertainment
HBO Home Entertainment develops, distributes and markets an extensive array of critically-acclaimed and groundbreaking programs in three formats-Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD-throughout the world. Releases include the global hit Game of Thrones, the #1 selling TV on DVD/Blu-ray title in major territories throughout the world over the past four years, in addition to current hits and classic favorites including True Detective, Girls, The Sopranos, Sex and the City True Blood, The Wire and Entourage. The company's catalog contains hundreds of titles including multiple Emmy Award-winning mini-series The Pacific and Band of Brothers, which holds the record through 2014 as the all-time best selling TV on DVD/Blu-ray title in the US; provocative programs from HBO Documentary Films including The Jinx: The Life & Deaths of Robert Durst and The Case Against 8; innovative movies from HBO Films including Game Change and The Normal Heart; hit Cinemax original series including BansheeSM and Strike Back; and comedy specials featuring stand-up performers like Bill Maher and Billy Crystal. Launched in 1984, HBO Home Entertainment has offices in New York, London and Toronto. The company's releases are sold in more than 70 territories around the world and are digitally distributed on a transactional basis across an expanding number of territories and platforms.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gam...-Release/22487

Old 07-20-16, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Five discs? Is that the blu-ray or the DVD set?
Old 07-20-16, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Five discs? Is that the blu-ray or the DVD set?
That's the DVD set.
Old 08-07-16, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like the steelbook is a Best Buy exclusive this time.
Old 08-07-16, 11:56 AM
Banned by request

Well until the Atmos blu release.
Old 08-07-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 5 had Atmos on the original release, which I guess is why it never had a steelbook release like the other seasons. So I don't see a reason why they would do anything different moving forward.

And not the best pic, but here is the artwork

Old 08-07-16, 03:17 PM
Banned by request

I read the Atmos steelbooks would all be having delayed releases. Guess we'll see at some point, especially now that the series is winding down.
Old 08-07-16, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Glad this is coming out sooner than Spring. Now I just need to slog through season 5. Watched the first few episodes and so far it's a snoozefest.
Old 08-07-16, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Season 5 had Atmos on the original release, which I guess is why it never had a steelbook release like the other seasons. So I don't see a reason why they would do anything different moving forward.

And not the best pic, but here is the artwork

Ah... That's the Titan's helmet in the middle. Couldn't figure out which sigil that was supposed to be.
Old 08-07-16, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Glad this is coming out sooner than Spring. Now I just need to slog through season 5. Watched the first few episodes and so far it's a snoozefest.

Anyways since I already have Seasons 1-5 in regular or House Sigil packaging, I have no interest in getting a non-matching Steelbook for this, especially as Best Buy is again charging a scalper premium on their exclusive Steelbook it appears. Wish they would have just stuck with the exclusive Sigil slipcovers instead.

Hopefully Target comes with a disc exclusive again.

Last edited by Decker; 08-07-16 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-07-16, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Glad this is coming out sooner than Spring.
Me too!

Now I just need to slog through season 5. Watched the first few episodes and so far it's a snoozefest.
Imagine trying to watch it over the course of two and a half months. It's still my least favorite season overall, although at least it did play better on Blu-ray.
Old 08-07-16, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife and I felt that way for most of the season. I think Season 5 was easily the worst.
Old 08-07-16, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Glad this is coming out sooner than Spring.
Same! I didn't watch any of Season 6, so it's good to know I'll only have to wait a few months for the BD.
Old 11-08-16, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well shit, it looks like $39.99 is going to be the price next week. Kinda sucks that there is no Target gift card this time for preorders. I wonder if it will be on sale before Christmas.

Isn't it usually $34.99 on release week? Did they jack it up an extra $5?
Old 11-08-16, 04:58 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Looks like Barnes & Noble is including a coloring book with their release...

"Hey mommy, how do I color this ax in his head?"

Old 11-08-16, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Isn't it usually $34.99 on release week? Did they jack it up an extra $5?
$29.99-34.99 usually I think?

I remember when Season 3 first came out on Blu-Ray, it was $29.99 Release Week at Target.
Old 11-09-16, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm still irritated that they discontinued the House Sigil packaging. At least that means I don't have to worry about picking it up next week though.
Old 11-09-16, 02:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

if anyone is willing to sell their HD digital code for S6 at a reasonable price, send me a pm.

I still might get this, but space is becoming an issue and I don't even see myself popping in the discs anymore. Again, still might get the SteelBook, but wanted to explore my options. Let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-16, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Season 5 was $39.99 on release week as well, not counting coupons or redcard discounts.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.