DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   DEADPOOL: Steelbook (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/630806-deadpool-steelbook.html)

TheMovieman 04-08-16 11:00 PM

Re: DEADPOOL: Steelbook

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 12772634)
Sometimes Target scores on their exclusives, sometimes they don't. Looks like they don't with Deadpool.

I agree, that is disappointing.

fumanstan 04-09-16 12:01 PM

I like that Target version better then just a Steelbook.

AaronSch 04-11-16 12:14 PM

The steelbook will be mine!

DVD Polizei 04-11-16 03:32 PM

Why couldn't somebody have created a faux-leather slipcover, simulating the mask. Shit, I'd pay $50.

Spiderbite 04-11-16 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 12774464)
Why couldn't somebody have created a faux-leather slipcover, simulating the mask. Shit, I'd pay $50.

Now that is a cool idea.

Decker 04-11-16 05:53 PM

Well it sounds like a good idea, but speaking as somebody who owns this:

It really isn't the cool collectable you think it is, especially when you try to put it on the shelf next to the other discs.

hdnmickey 04-11-16 06:04 PM

^ That was the first thing I thought of as well. Not so cool after all. Same goes for the turf cover for Major League.

mrhan 04-11-16 06:04 PM

^^^The KR Pan's Labyrinth faux leatherbound book didn't stand out like that.

Spiderbite 04-12-16 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12774593)
Well it sounds like a good idea, but speaking as somebody who owns this:

It really isn't the cool collectable you think it is, especially when you try to put it on the shelf next to the other discs.

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 12774599)
^ That was the first thing I thought of as well. Not so cool after all. Same goes for the turf cover for Major League.

I actually had that Grease packaging at one time and liked it. :(

I don't usually worry about the way stuff fits on my shelf. I try to find some way to display it if it looks unique.

Am I overlooking it or are we not getting an extended version (ala unrated cut) of Deadpool? Wonder if I should wait as you know that has to be coming eventually.

I thought it was even mentioned during all the publicity at one time.

Ringmaster 04-12-16 08:23 AM

For sure there won't be a Director's Cut since Miller himself has said the current version is his preferred Cut. Who knows what Fox will do though if they feel they need to boost sales, though I don't think they have much to worry about and since there wont't be a DC, my enthusiasm for an extended cut wanes. Just wait until the specs are announced to make your decision. If you ask me, I'll be picking it up regardless and that's not the way I usually operate but I love this movie!

Chuckle 04-19-16 07:13 PM

Why would any sensible person ever buy a title as a Steelbook release? Deadpool needs to be bought on UHD anyhow.

OldBoy 04-19-16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by chucklefukk (Post 12781360)
why would any sensible person ever buy a title as a steelbook release? Deadpool needs to be bought on uhd anyhow.

fu!

Chuckle 04-19-16 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12781361)
fu!

You don't like UHD?

Why So Blu? 04-20-16 12:09 PM

Here are the special features:

http://whysoblu.com/wp-content/uploa.../unnamed-2.png

E Unit 04-20-16 12:38 PM

I wonder how extensive those deleted scenes are. I'll probably pick this up at some point. It's also surprising there no making of on this.

OldBoy 04-20-16 12:53 PM

i'm hoping that "...to Screen" is some kind of good making of doc. otherwise not so spectacular...

Chuckle 04-20-16 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 12781995)
I wonder how extensive those deleted scenes are. I'll probably pick this up at some point. It's also surprising there no making of on this.

Hopefully over 20 minutes, but that's a wild guess. The From Comics to Screen... to Screen might be the Making-Of. Perhaps multi-chapter.
Best to get the UHD.

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12782024)
i'm hoping that "...to Screen" is some kind of good making of doc. otherwise not so spectacular...

Bit difficult to have an extensive Making-Of when it isn't Laurent Bouzereau or Chuck de Lauzirika contributing.

OldBoy 04-20-16 01:40 PM

not really.

Chuckle 04-20-16 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12782099)
not really.

Only other extensive Making-Of I can immediately think of are the ones from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Frighteners. Hours and hours.

JSwarce 05-01-16 08:05 AM

Today, I noticed that Best Buy has dropped the price of their exclusive Steelbook to $19.99. Do they automatically adjust the price on preorders, or do you have to call them?

mattysemo247 05-01-16 08:35 AM

I'm sold for $20

Ringmaster 05-01-16 08:53 AM

It looks like the Pre-orders are sold out since there isn't a copy 250 miles within my zip code :sad:

fumanstan 05-01-16 09:22 AM

Regular versions are $20 on Amazon too, which is probably the route i'm going.

Meathead 05-01-16 12:33 PM

I had to call BB Customer Service to place the order. I could not get the website to get past the select store option. It kept giving me some unknown connection error. I tried a bunch of zip codes and got the same thing. I tried including the regular version came right up for store pickup no problems.

Got the order confirmation but I may be at BB early on the release date just in case they screw it up... Being BB that's always likely!

Mike86 05-01-16 01:28 PM

I don't really pay attention normally to Steelbook releases. Since this seems to be sold out for order online and there's no Best Buy near me am I just out of luck unless I go with eBay or something? Do they ever do second runs or no?