DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Which movie in your collection do you hate the most? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/627729-movie-your-collection-do-you-hate-most.html)

hanshotfirst1138 07-16-15 09:21 AM

I am single and I'm straight, so I don't have to watch any of the Twilight movies :shrug:.

rocket1312 07-16-15 10:23 AM

Re: Which movie in your collection do you hate the most?

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12537667)
I am single and I'm straight, so I don't have to watch any of the Twilight movies :shrug:.

Thanks for the update?

I can't say I really hate any of the movies in my collection. The closest I probably come is X-Men: The Last Stand, but any hatred is less about what it is and more about what it should/could have been.

inri222 07-16-15 11:03 AM

None, if I do not like something I will either trade or sell it.
If after a while I can't get rid of it I will give it away.

rbrown498 07-16-15 11:06 AM

DVD: Armageddon

If it weren't a Criterion disc, it would never have come into my house...and BECAUSE it's a Criterion disc, I'm loathe to get rid of it. So it sits unmolested on the shelf, taking up space and gathering dust.

Blu-ray: The Box

I blind-bought this used for $4 back when that was a substantial bargain. I remembered seeing the TV commercials for it and thought that it sounded interesting, and it was based on a short story by Richard Matheson, so it had to be at least watchable, right? Wrong. I have no idea why I haven't pitched this into the trash yet.

Michael Corvin 07-16-15 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by rocket1312 (Post 12537730)
Thanks for the update?

I can't say I really hate any of the movies in my collection. The closest I probably come is X-Men: The Last Stand, but any hatred is less about what it is and more about what it should/could have been.

Ooh, I think I still have that one on the shelf too. Fuck that movie.

dvdshonna 07-16-15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12537781)

I'm sorry this comment is too intelligent for this forum. This is DVD Talk. Where were you trying to post?

The digital fan boys complain about bulky loads of discs they never watch, and can't seem to use the internet to buy/sell/trade movies.

mike45 07-16-15 04:39 PM

Titanic and Avatar. At the time, I figured I should have all of JC's films. Both I term unwatchable.

dvdshonna 07-16-15 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mike45 (Post 12538218)
Titanic and Avatar. At the time, I figured I should have all of JC's films. Both I term unwatchable.

I've never met or talked to anyone who doesn't like Titanic. I just put it in my player. If someone just mentions it, I feel like watching it.

dvdshonna 07-16-15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 12536089)
I like Sucker Punch...never understood the hate.

I like anything with Emily Browning. Even "Pompeii". And "Pompeii" is god awful.

dvdshonna 07-16-15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12537667)

Anyone who doesn't like vampire chicks is gay. So if you don't like "Twilight" that means you are gay ...not straight.

kgrogers1979 07-16-15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by dvdshonna (Post 12538328)
Anyone who doesn't like vampire chicks is gay. So if you don't like "Twilight" that means you are gay ...not straight.

I never read or watched the Twilight books/movies, but I thought the chick in the movie was human and the dude was the vampire?

dvdshonna 07-16-15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 (Post 12538341)
I never read or watched the Twilight books/movies, but I thought the chick in the movie was human and the dude was the vampire?

All the chicks in the Cullins family are vampires.

hanshotfirst1138 07-16-15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dvdshonna (Post 12538328)

Uh, OK. I like vampire women just fine, but the movies have never much interested me much. Why are some of the female vampires in it attractive or something?

dvdshonna 07-17-15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12538560)
Uh, OK. I like vampire women just fine, but the movies have never much interested me much. Why are some of the female vampires in it attractive or something?

They're reasonably attractive. Not really exceptional. Not as sexy as the vampire women in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" (Monica Bellucci).

DieselsDen 07-18-15 01:46 AM

I hate many discs which I got for free to review, including -

REVENGE OF THE NINJA
ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS
ELSA AND FRED
THE COUCH TRIP
I'LL FOLLOW YOU DOWN

I also bought SUPER 8 on sale, as well as CLUELESS and like neither of them.

MovieMax 07-04-16 11:33 PM

Hazel Motes 07-05-16 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12537781)

you don't own any box sets that contain a movie you dislike?

MovieMax 07-05-16 08:20 AM

inri222 07-05-16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chadm (Post 12841908)
you don't own any box sets that contain a movie you dislike?

Since I last posted in this thread I do have one and that is Wyatt Earp. I love The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and was able to get the 2 disc double feature set with Wyatt Earp for $5.

hdnmickey 07-05-16 03:11 PM

I suspect the Halloween Box set that I got for free during the big shipping mixup might have a dud or two in there. But I haven't watched them to know for sure either way. I guess unlike others I will not buy a big boxset that contains movies I don't like. I guess the closest I come is ST V, ST Generations, and ST Nemesis. But I don't hate any of them as each has some great scenes.

mattysemo247 07-05-16 03:53 PM

I'm sure there are some Blockbuster going out of business blind buys for $1 each (that I will probably never even get around to watching)

zyzzle 07-05-16 04:58 PM

If I had any movies that I hated, they wouldn't be in my collection.

As to the *title* that I hate the most, it is / was my Blu-ray of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD '90. I hate it not because of the movie, which is great, but because of the horrible, horrible transfer that Universal / Twilight Time foisted upon us. Blue city, no contrast, etc...

Fortunately, that has now been rectified, as Umbrella has released a new NOTLD '90 disc with the original, untinkered color-timing intact! So, all's well in the world, and I no longer own any titles that I hate.

Osiris3657 07-06-16 01:21 PM

Chronicles of Riddick DVD. A couple years ago I tried rewatching it and barely made it through 20 minutes before turning it off. Terrible. I own it because the 1st and 3rd movies in the series (Pitch Black and Riddick) are good. Also a Completionist.

Crystal Skull BD (Part of my Complete Adventures set)

Death Proof DVD (Completionist, I love QT's other movies and have all of them)

X-Men: The Last Stand BD (Completionist, I have all the other X-Men movies...except Wolverine Origins)

mike45 07-06-16 07:51 PM

I really don't hate any of the discs that I have purchased myself. But , there quite a few discs that I have received as gifts that I am not particularly fond of. Most of those discs remain unopened on my shelf.

mcnabb 07-08-16 12:47 PM

I had alot of DVD's that I ended up hating in my collection, but I have been much more picky when it comes to my BluRay collection as I only buy 'A' movies that I can rewatch a zillion times.