Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DC Animated Universe Films

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DC Animated Universe Films

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-16, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: DC Animated Universe Films

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Cool. I will definitely pick that up. Their voices still sound great to me seeing as how there are pretty dang ol at this point.

If you like the old voices, check out this set. I love it because I grew up watching it every Saturday morning but I know that a lot of people can't stand Bat-Mite.
Does that hold up watching it today? I remember watching that Saturday mornings. They even used a similar design of the Batmobile from the '66 series.
Old 08-20-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
Does that hold up watching it today? I remember watching that Saturday mornings. They even used a similar design of the Batmobile from the '66 series.
If you still enjoy watching cartoons from that era, then it holds up fine in my opinion. It is just as silly as the TV show but you will recognize several of the other voices as the standard 4 people who seemed to do all the cartoons back then.

I love it. But I also still enjoy watching the original Land Of The Lost as well. I may not be the best opinion to listen to.
Old 08-20-16, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I absolutely love the Batman and Scooby-Doo cartoon team-ups from the 70s. The biggest influence on them was clearly the '66 Batman.
Old 08-25-16, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Paul Reubens made Bat-Mite FUN on B:TB&TB.
In my opinion "The Legend of the Dark Mite" episode written by Paul Dini is the GREATEST BATMAN STORY EVER TOLD in any medium.
The guy who voiced Bat-Mite on the 70's toon was just plain annoying. And the character was written poorly.

Looking forward to BATMAN: THE RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS
My main concern is how Julie Newmar will sound as Catwoman.
I thought her voice was a bit rough when she voiced MARTHA WAYNE on B:TB&TB. "Chill of the Night".
Old 10-21-16, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Grrrr...it looks like they are raising the prices again. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders will be $17.99 on release week at Target. This is probably the one I'm least excited about, but I don't really want to miss one of the steelbook releases.
Old 10-21-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, up by a dollar compared to The Killing Joke. I'll still be trying to pick up some of the steelbooks. If this gets good reviews I want at least one for myself.
Old 10-22-16, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

The IGN review sounded pretty positive. Sounds like if you're a fan of the 66 series you'll like it which shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I'll try to grab the Steelbook if I can find it.
Old 10-24-16, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just can't get into this one and I'll probably sit it out. However, I'll probably regret it like Justice League: War (which I really regret) or Throne of Atlantis (sorta regret, lol). I dunno, maybe I'll change my mind...it's just hard for me to go through all of the same things I usually do for an Adam West Batman animated flic. It probably is good, just not for me. Good luck to those getting it.
Old 10-24-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since we are getting 3 - 4 releases a year now, I'll probably sit out on a few as well. A couple already feel like wasted purchases to me since I probably won't watch them again (like Gods & Monsters and Justice League vs Teen Titans). Since they are $18 a pop now, it doesn't make sense dropping almost $80 a year just to keep the collection going.

They also feel like they have lost some of their impact as years go by. I remember watching Under the Red Hood for the first time and being blown away, and I haven't really felt that way again since around Doom & Dark Knight Returns.
Old 11-01-16, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

I almost forgot that Return of the Caped Crusader came out today. Got ready in a hurry and made it to Target as they opened. They had six copies of the Steelbook and one regular Blu Ray copy. It's a nice looking Steelbook - those sixties era orange and yellow colors pop.
I agree that four releases a year is too many. But I haven't stopped quite yet.
Old 11-01-16, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts

Just starting to jump into the DC Steelbooks. Really hope we get Red Son at some point.
Old 11-01-16, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As usual the local Target had not even put these out this morning. Had seven steelbooks total when brought out from the back.
Old 11-02-16, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steelbook for "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders" is flat-out gorgeous and I wouldn't be surprised if my Target already sold out. I had to buy it for sentimental reasons. I own the "Batman: The Complete Television Series" Limited Edition set and "Batman: The Movie," so this was a no-brainer. It'll just be nice to hear Adam West, Burt Ward reprise their roles for what will likely be the very last time.
Old 11-02-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They are fast-tracking a sequel, so it will not be the last time West and Ward do the voices.
Old 11-02-16, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
They are fast-tracking a sequel, so it will not be the last time West and Ward do the voices.
Well, that's good 'cause it was somewhat fun to watch... but you can definitely hear an age-related quiver in Adam West's voice. They need to fed him a Zipfizz before the next voice-over work.
Old 11-02-16, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Snagged the last copy of the Return of the Caped Crusaders Steelbook from Target. Luckily I checked this thread as I had completely forgot it was out this week. One of the best Steelbooks I've gotten for one of these DC animated films.
Old 11-02-16, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

No Steelbooks at my local Target. Oh well, I will just wait until the regular edition hits 10 bucks or less.
Old 11-03-16, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
The steelbook for "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders" is flat-out gorgeous and I wouldn't be surprised if my Target already sold out. I had to buy it for sentimental reasons. I own the "Batman: The Complete Television Series" Limited Edition set and "Batman: The Movie," so this was a no-brainer. It'll just be nice to hear Adam West, Burt Ward reprise their roles for what will likely be the very last time.
Not only is there a sequel but pop culture Icon William Shatner will be voicing
Two-Face.
Old 11-03-16, 09:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

anyone see/have a link to the Caped Crusaders SteelBook™ on Target's site? i want to see if available in my area. thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy
anyone see/have a link to the Caped Crusaders SteelBook™ on Target's site? i want to see if available in my area. thanks in advance.
Steelbook exclusive not available separately online. Best you can do is verify they have copies available at each store of either version.
Old 11-03-16, 11:32 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Steelbook exclusive not available separately online. Best you can do is verify they have copies available at each store of either version.
Oh, ok. They used to be. Thanks.
Old 11-03-16, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

I haven't watched much of this yet, but I am really glad that they've finally made a family-friendly PG rated movie in this series. I have a lot of little Batman fans coming to my office and while I can't show Dark Knight or any previous DCU movies on the Roku in my office (I have it limited to PG-or-under titles), this one is fair game. From what I'm hearing, the kids like it.
Old 11-05-16, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I got super lucky today. Having been busy all this week I thought there was no chance I would get the Caped Crusaders steelbook. Having resigned myself to the ordinary BD, I found a mint steelbook copy hidden behind the regular copies today. Halloween candy was also reduced to 70% off.

I'll take this small victory after fruitlessly chasing around other DC steelbooks on release day.
Old 11-16-16, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like their next release is Justice League Dark. Coming February 7th and rated R. I guess it worked out for them with The Killing Joke.

Old 11-16-16, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After all the talk about Killing Joke being R the rating didn't seem warranted when I watched it.

I've posted before that people looking for these DC steelbooks should always look in-between all the other normal copies. I've seen with my own eyes that the incoming boxes are filled randomly (when we have been there at opening as were the first to ask for these). So anybody stocking the shelves could load them on the shelves in the same random order.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.