Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever blind bought a dvd then upgraded to Blu Ray without watching the dvd?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Have you ever blind bought a dvd then upgraded to Blu Ray without watching the dvd?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-14, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Re: Have you ever blind bought a dvd then upgraded to Blu Ray without watching the dv

I think there was a few of the Millennium era Godzilla movies that I hadn't seen when I upgraded to those new double features. But I was okay with it since I was saving a bit of space with the smaller cases.
Old 11-19-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Have you ever blind bought a dvd then upgraded to Blu Ray without watching the dv

Originally Posted by Hadrian7
More times than I care to admit.
Bingo for me. I buy the DVD with the intention of watching it (duh), but when that time comes if there's an HD source available I almost always spring for it.

I am weak.
Old 11-19-14, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

I have a few times. Mostly for the classic films I haven't watched yet. The Godfather series, for example. It's my New Year's resolution to watch that in 2015. Much like it was my resolution to get to it the last few years.
Old 11-19-14, 01:57 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I have a few times. Mostly for the classic films I haven't watched yet. The Godfather series, for example. It's my New Year's resolution to watch that in 2015. Much like it was my resolution to get to it the last few years.
I'll try to remind you in March for the Action Adventure Crime Challenge.
Old 11-19-14, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort of. I accidentally added the DVD version of this French movie to my wishlist, got it, feigned delight, and then traded it into Amazon for credit and then bought the Blu Ray. *sigh*
Old 11-19-14, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I'm sure I have, but not as much as I thought when I first read the question. As much as I would prefer BD quality, it is hard to spend five bucks on a Blu when I just picked up the DVD for a buck (which happens a lot since I frequent pawn shops) or have owned it for a long time.

Now on the other hand, I've bought a few cool SE DVDs of movies that I owned on Blu, even though I haven't seen the movie at all. But that's mostly because I found them so cheap.

I just remembered I own the 4 SE sets of Bond and bought Bond 50 last year, even though I haven't seen around 75% of them. (I swore I was gonna marathon them this year too)

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 11-19-14 at 09:53 PM.