Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-15, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I like Dinosaur...until they started talking. It could have been a wonderful little movie if they had the balls to make it with no dialogue.
I totally concur. This could have been an awesome movie if not for the dialog. And I wasn't keen on the design of the Aladar's head -- looks too square or something. But the lemurs are great, the meteor sequence is mind-blowing, the opening shot of the egg being carried around...these elements make one really sad that Disney felt there was the need to make them begin chatting and throwing out contemporary pop colloquialisms (at least they didn't break into Elton John songs!). Kids are not stupid. They do not have to have this. And adults sure as hell don't. On second thought, a large portion of today's rather vacuous young adult audiences seem to need to have everything spelled out for them.
Old 01-25-15, 11:30 PM

I presume that in 2017 we'll be getting Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in a new 4K ( or who knows possibly in 8K by then? ) remastered Blu Ray ready for the 80th Anniversary? I hope that they'll be putting the Boil Cauldron Boil deleted Witch at the Cauldron sequence which was inexplicably left out of the first and supposedly most complete version of Snow White Blu Ray!
Old 01-26-15, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

The older a format gets, the less work and money Disney puts into their home video releases. They haven't shown much willingness to remaster existing transfers on Blu-ray for reissues.
Old 01-26-15, 12:17 PM

Yes , I'm not holding my breath on Snow White's 80th Anniversary I hear what you're saying PhantomStranger!
Old 01-26-15, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The older a format gets, the less work and money Disney puts into their home video releases. They haven't shown much willingness to remaster existing transfers on Blu-ray for reissues.
Especially with all the work they used to put into BD-Live years back. It's as if every studio magically forgot that it exists.
Old 01-26-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Especially with all the work they used to put into BD-Live years back. It's as if every studio magically forgot that it exists.
Except Universal. They like to use it to give us fresh trailers before the movie. yay.
Old 01-28-15, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Some DMC members have received their shipments of 101 Dalmatians. There is a trailer on there for Aladdin as the official Oct 2015 Diamond Edition title.
Old 01-28-15, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. Aladdin was the last major release I've been waiting for. I wonder if they will bring the sequels over as well.
Old 01-28-15, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Some DMC members have received their shipments of 101 Dalmatians. There is a trailer on there for Aladdin as the official Oct 2015 Diamond Edition title.
About time. Isn't the last of the old "classics" not to be released on BD at least once? Trying to remember off the top of my head which titles I still have on DVD because of Disney's vault system.

Time to put that DVD up for sale. On the other hand, maybe I need to wait for BD specs. They seem to randomly drop features release to release.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 01-28-15 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally!
Old 01-28-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
About time. Isn't the last of the old "classics" not to be released on BD at least once? Trying to remember off the top of my head which titles I still have on DVD because of Disney's vault system.

Time to put that DVD up for sale. On the other hand, maybe I need to wait for BD specs. They seem to randomly drop features release to release.
I think the only Disney animated canon films not yet released are most of the package films (Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music and Melody Time) and Black Cauldron.
Old 01-28-15, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltman
I think the only Disney animated canon films not yet released are most of the package films (Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music and Melody Time) and Black Cauldron.
Forgot about Black Cauldron and those package films. Hopefully a BD of the those comes out soon with those packakge films being double features like they did with Ichabod/Toad and Fun and Fancy Free. Would be nice if they were unedited, but I would expect them to have the same edits as the DVD's.
Old 01-31-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Awesome. Aladdin was the last major release I've been waiting for. I wonder if they will bring the sequels over as well.
There hasn't been a Diamond release yet which hasn't also had its DTV sequels released at the same time, so I think it's a pretty safe bet that they will be. There might even be a trilogy box set, like for Cinderella or the Lion King. Although, they didn't do one for The Little Mermaid, and given their treatment of home media in general recently, as well as Aladdin in particular, I think it's more likely that it won't get a box set.

Originally Posted by joltman
As listed in the OP.
Old 06-05-15, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Aladdin - Oct 13, 2015

The artwork is kind of lame. The VHS probably has better artwork.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Old 06-05-15, 08:48 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I'm sure the Zavvi/steel book will look kick ass. Not digging how standardized these Diamond Editions are looking. I'm guessing Best Buy will have an exclusive steelbook almost, if not identical to this.

EDIT: Looks like Zavvi already had it on preoder, and sold out.

Last edited by E Unit; 06-05-15 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-13-15, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Aladdin DE out today. I get it tomorrow.

Aladdin sequels Return of Jafar and King of Thieves available on iTunes and Amazon. iTunes says both are widescreen, not they sometimes list the wrong aspect ratio. Any confirmation?

Did they announce any new releases?
Old 10-13-15, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Aladdin DE out today. I get it tomorrow.

Aladdin sequels Return of Jafar and King of Thieves available on iTunes and Amazon. iTunes says both are widescreen, not they sometimes list the wrong aspect ratio. Any confirmation?

Did they announce any new releases?
They will also be available through Disney Movie club until January, then wide release.
Old 10-13-15, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

King of Thieves will likely be the cropped widescreen version that made it to DVD. I hope I'm wrong. I would pick this up if that went back to the original 4x3 ratio.
Old 10-13-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
They will also be available through Disney Movie club until January, then wide release.
The Disney Movie Club has updated its site to indicate that the Return of Jafar/King of Thieves double-bill won't be released at all until January 5th.
Old 10-14-15, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

So what's going to be released in Fall 2016? Snow White?
Old 10-14-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Aladdin really is a great film. Watched it right away after I purchased it last night and definitely one of Disney's classics. Their newer animated films while I like some don't hold a candle to Aladdin or their older films. I should really pick up some of the other Diamond Collection Blu-ray's from Disney before they throw them in the vault.
Old 10-14-15, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So what's going to be released in Fall 2016? Snow White?
Technically both Pinocchio and Fantasia didn't get Diamond Editions. Those could be the 2016 releases.

Fantasia could be unedited (doubt it), get a better transfer, or simply get all it's special features back. The Fantasia/2000 double pack was missing most of the Anthology features on the discs themselves.

Pinocchio's last transfer had many issues so a new one of that would be welcome. Just don't dump the old BD features disc until it's confirmed those old ones make the new disc. The Sleeping Beauty original BD release had far better features than the second BD release.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-14-15 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

I hope Pinnochio is the next release.

I thought Snow White was released around 2010 or 2011?

Which Aladdin Store exclusive is the one most people want?

Target will not allow shipping or a store pickup and just a store pickup for the Best Buy edition with the Lenticular cover.

Old 10-15-15, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There was no trailer or insert for a spring 2016 Diamond Edition title, so it's kind of up in the air right now whether there are even going to be any further releases in the line.

There are some rumors that there is going to be a new line, which presumably would include UHD-BD releases.
Old 10-15-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Target will not allow shipping or a store pickup and just a store pickup for the Best Buy edition with the Lenticular cover.
Must have changed over time because my Best Buy exclusive is supposed to be delivered today. Pretty nice cover IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.