Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

Old 10-15-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Walt Disney Animated Classics 2015 Blu-ray releases

Maybe you ordered it before the release date but during the release week they force you to go to the store to buy it.
Old 10-15-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Maybe you ordered it before the release date but during the release week they force you to go to the store to buy it.
I've also ordered BB exclusives for delivery during release week. Have no idea why this scenario is so random, but it always is.

The BB's in my area are in terrible locations that I try not to go out of my way to visit. So I order a lot of things for delivery rather than in store.
Old 10-15-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Technically both Pinocchio and Fantasia didn't get Diamond Editions. Those could be the 2016 releases.

Fantasia could be unedited (doubt it), get a better transfer, or simply get all it's special features back. The Fantasia/2000 double pack was missing most of the Anthology features on the discs themselves.
The unedited version of Fantasia has never been released on home video, has it? Hell, didn't they stop even circulating prints of it after a short time?

Pinocchio's last transfer had many issues so a new one of that would be welcome. Just don't dump the old BD features disc until it's confirmed those old ones make the new disc.
It's hardly without precedent for Disney to release something more than once, but have they ever done it again that shortly after?

The Sleeping Beauty original BD release had far better features than the second BD release.
Why the hell did they do that? To cut the cost of a second disc or something? Was there anything new on the second release besides the DMA code, or should I just get the first one?

PS Wasn't there a big change on The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast BD releases?
Old 10-15-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
The unedited version of Fantasia has never been released on home video, has it? Hell, didn't they stop even circulating prints of it after a short time?
I think the unedited version may have hit VHS or LD in another region. I've seen versions of the whole movie intact that seem to be from something other than a video of a print being projected. Just like Song of the South.

It's hardly without precedent for Disney to release something more than once, but have they ever done it again that shortly after?
See below. Sleeping Beauty has already received two BD releases.

Was there anything new on the second release besides the DMA code, or should I just get the first one?
There were new features added. But some of the best from the previous release were dropped.

PS Wasn't there a big change on The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast BD releases?
TLK had some changes made. Not sure about BatB.