Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Originally Posted by Ranger
What kind of case does this set have?

Something like hinge flip book case? Surely not ten individual cases packed in one box.
Ten individual cases packed in one big, sturdy, box. Black cases specifically. Some even have 2 discs per case.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-04-15 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-04-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Shame that you have to spend that just to get the freaking mono track.
Huh? I assume you're referring to the first film which the disc is the same as the 35th Anniversary edition that's available individually.
Old 10-04-15, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Huh? I assume you're referring to the first film which the disc is the same as the 35th Anniversary edition that's available individually.
I was. At the time that the boxed set came out, had the 35th anniversary version come out? I thought it had a downmix?
Old 10-04-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I was. At the time that the boxed set came out, had the 35th anniversary version come out? I thought it had a downmix?
You are correct. Unless later pressings of the 35th anniversary editions were fixed, the single disc does not have the true mono track. The disc in the boxset does.
Old 10-04-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mono for the original only available in the box set. Same goes for the better versions of H20 and Resurrection.
Old 10-04-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
That's a good deal for it. I'm betting the deluxe set won't go too much lower than that. It's a nice set and I'm happy to own it.
A few months ago Target was selling the Deluxe set for $67.99 (before Shipping/Tax).

I think that is the lowest I've seen it, sans price mistakes.
Old 10-05-15, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket1312
You are correct. Unless later pressings of the 35th anniversary editions were fixed, the single disc does not have the true mono track. The disc in the boxset does.
So I was right, you have to buy the whole boxed set just to get the damn mono track.
Old 05-09-16, 06:27 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I never thought something like this would happen. Would've been a good feature for this.

It is our pleasure to announce a Very Special HALLOWEEN 6 REUNION!
Scheduled to join us for this event is PAUL RUDD, GEORGE P. WILBUR, MARIANNNE HAGAN, SUSAN SWIFT, MARIAH O'BRIEN, J. C. BRANDY and DEVIN GARDNER!
PAUL RUDD played the role of TOMMY DOYLE in the 5th sequel of the classic HALLOWEEN film franchise. PAUL of course is currently being seen on film screens for his role as ANT-MAN in the new CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR film. PAUL will be appearing SAT-SUN ONLY and is graciously donating all of his autograph money to charity. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep in mind that we are always at the mercy of film and promotion schedules especially with the Marvel films commanding such attention.
GEORGE P. WILBUR of course played the role of MICHAEL MYERS in both HALLOWEEN IV and VI and is always a fan friendly guest.
MARIANNE HAGAN played the role of KARA STRODE in the film. SUSAN SWIFT played the role of MARY, MARIAH O'BRIEN starred as BETH, J.C. BRANDY took on the role of JAMIE LLOYD and DEVIN GARDNER played the role of DANNY STRODE in the film that was finally released in the HALLOWEEN 6: THE PRODUCER'S CUT format after decades of fans clamoring for that version of the film.
Please join us in welcoming the stars of the HALLOWEEN 6 REUNION to their first appearance in Cherry Hill, NJ at MONSTER-MANIA CON 34 the weekend of AUGUST 12-14th!
Old 05-09-16, 07:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't believe Paul Rudd is actually going to show
Old 05-09-16, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Rudd will cancel.
Old 05-09-16, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Rudd will cancel.

If that was the case I can't imagine why he would say yes in the first place. I think he shows.
Old 05-09-16, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Now if only someone could get Johnny Depp to show for an Elm Street convention and Kevin Bacon for a Friday the 13th Convention.
Old 05-10-16, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Someone mentioned on twitter that the reason Rudd hadn't done a convention before was that 'Nobody asked him" figuring he would turn them down so they figured whats the point
Old 05-10-16, 02:08 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

And he already had to pull out:

Monster-Mania Convention
5 mins ·

So sorry to announce this but I have just received a text message from the booking agent for PAUL RUDD saying that he is unable to attend MONSTER-MANIA CON 34 due to contractual obligations.
His booking agent did all that he could to salvage the appearance but was unable to do so.
Please don't shoot the messenger, it is totally out of my hands. My apologies to everyone for the disappointment, my family and I share that disappointment with you
Old 05-10-16, 02:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That was fast
Old 05-10-16, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Paul Rudd man crush...
Old 05-10-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I think it's safe to assume that Why So Blu? is actually Paul Rudd.
Old 05-13-16, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
I never thought something like this would happen. Would've been a good feature for this.

It is our pleasure to announce a Very Special HALLOWEEN 6 REUNION!
Scheduled to join us for this event is PAUL RUDD, GEORGE P. WILBUR, MARIANNNE HAGAN, SUSAN SWIFT, MARIAH O'BRIEN, J. C. BRANDY and DEVIN GARDNER!
PAUL RUDD played the role of TOMMY DOYLE in the 5th sequel of the classic HALLOWEEN film franchise. PAUL of course is currently being seen on film screens for his role as ANT-MAN in the new CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR film. PAUL will be appearing SAT-SUN ONLY and is graciously donating all of his autograph money to charity. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep in mind that we are always at the mercy of film and promotion schedules especially with the Marvel films commanding such attention.
GEORGE P. WILBUR of course played the role of MICHAEL MYERS in both HALLOWEEN IV and VI and is always a fan friendly guest.
MARIANNE HAGAN played the role of KARA STRODE in the film. SUSAN SWIFT played the role of MARY, MARIAH O'BRIEN starred as BETH, J.C. BRANDY took on the role of JAMIE LLOYD and DEVIN GARDNER played the role of DANNY STRODE in the film that was finally released in the HALLOWEEN 6: THE PRODUCER'S CUT format after decades of fans clamoring for that version of the film.
Please join us in welcoming the stars of the HALLOWEEN 6 REUNION to their first appearance in Cherry Hill, NJ at MONSTER-MANIA CON 34 the weekend of AUGUST 12-14th!
Wow, these are cool Add-Ons (meaning their autograph) to this:

Old 05-18-16, 09:30 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Amazon currently has the big set on sale for $80.99. It's OOP, so it's a crapshoot. Get it now if you're looking for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all
Old 05-18-16, 12:35 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

You snooze, you lose. Back up to $126.08.
Old 05-18-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,059 Posts

^ I almost picked it up this morning when it was on sale but every time I'm just about to buy it I remember I only really like one of the movies, the rest are below average to terrible.

I do wish that I hadn't missed out on the lithograph scream factory was offering. That was nice looking and I wouldn't mind framing it up for my movie room.
Old 05-18-16, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

I have this one:

and this one:

hanging in my movie room.
Old 05-19-16, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
....I almost picked it up this morning when it was on sale but every time I'm just about to buy it I remember I only really like one of the movies, the rest are below average to terrible....
Yep...I had it in my cart and stared at it a bit and thought about all the titles I would be more apt to watch (and enjoy). I already own the two-disc set of the original "Halloween" from the "Complete Collection" that I picked up used —evidently someone sold it off piece meal... Anyone who admires the brilliance of the original knows each subsequent film gets progressively worse and even "Halloween II" is a massive disappointment when compared to the original. But for some reason I've wanted to pick up this set anyway... I have little to no interest in the Rob Zombie remakes so what to do? I'll wait till the next time....if there is a next time.

Last edited by AaronSch; 05-19-16 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-19-16, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I think it's safe to assume that Why So Blu? is actually Paul Rudd.
Done told ya.

Old 09-13-16, 05:31 PM
Banned

Just a head's up for those who missed out on the "Halloween: Deluxe Edition" when it was available at a reasonable price. A marketplace seller via Barnes & Noble has the sets at a price not likely to be seen again. The Seller, CamelAltec (aka MidnightZap) is selling brand-new sets for $96.71. I don't know how many are available at this price, but this is likely the last time this OUT-OF-PRINT set will be available anywhere near that price ever again. I wanted to receive my copy before I posted this information so that I could verify that it was legitimate. It arrived in a size-appropriate box in about 6 days and the item is factory sealed in perfect condition (save for a faint box cutter mark on the closed end of the slip cover/box. I can live with that since it is hardly noticeable without very close inspection—I'm pretty damned stoked to have it in my possession. Good Luck.

Last edited by AaronSch; 09-13-16 at 05:57 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.