Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

My price-matched set arrived from Amazon today, and then one of my editors said he could send me a review copy gratis. So, score? Guess I'll just drop the one he sends me back into the mail and get a refund.

Anyway, it's a great set. Looks sharp on the shelf. I'm just glad to finally be at a point where I will never feel the need to purchase another Halloween film again. And I mean it.
Old 09-23-14, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

My copy arrived from Amazon today. I'm pretty psyched to dive into it for the horror challenge.
Old 09-23-14, 06:16 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I just got a UPS email from AEC ONE STOP GROUP INC even though my TCM order was cancelled?
Old 09-23-14, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine cancelled as well, I got in at 5:08 right after it was posted too.
Old 09-23-14, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I just got a UPS email from AEC ONE STOP GROUP INC even though my TCM order was cancelled?
I got that too. I'm guessing that shipping was told "business as usual" until they made a decision as to what to do. They probably began printing labels before they were cancelled. I'm not expecting anything to show up in the mail.
Old 09-23-14, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
I got that too. I'm guessing that shipping was told "business as usual" until they made a decision as to what to do. They probably began printing labels before they were cancelled. I'm not expecting anything to show up in the mail.
What a tease
Old 09-23-14, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had about 2.5 hours between my email (which really just signals the printing of a UPS label) and UPS actually taking possession of my package and shipping it.

The "origin scan" status is the key. It means it's truly on its way to you. Mine has gone from KY to VA.

I actually kinda hope you get a free copy after the order was canceled. I guarantee you at least one of the weirdos on that other forum would freak out and complain about his $19.98 set. So good luck to you.
Old 09-23-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

For those that got shipping notices - it reminds of that James Bond deal from last year where the price was too good to be true and folks had shipping #'s and their packages were getting delivered all over the country. Nothing ever got delivered.
Old 09-23-14, 08:36 PM

Tracking says it'll be here in Saturday. I guess we'll see.
Old 09-23-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
For those that got shipping notices - it reminds of that James Bond deal from last year where the price was too good to be true and folks had shipping #'s and their packages were getting delivered all over the country. Nothing ever got delivered.
Mine is being tracked to my home address which is why I got the UPS My Choice alert before I got anything from TCM in the first place.

People are actually gonna get these deliveries this time, myself included.
Old 09-23-14, 09:14 PM

Reading through the comments on Facebook... I'm just stunned at how idiotic people are.
Old 09-23-14, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

My copy is waiting for me at home. I saw the box when I was at home for my lunch break but didn't even get a chance to open the Amazon box yet as I was in a bit of a hurry. Looking forward to digging in to both this and The Exorcist Anthology sets though. I'll most likely wait to start watching though until next Wedesday for the horror challenge.
Old 09-23-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Got my cancellation notice and the 30% fuck you.

Maybe we can all get together and have bandoman sue the bastards for us. Ted Turner is a billionairre. He can afford to eat a few thousand dollars to get us cheap Halloween sets.
Old 09-24-14, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

So just a warning to people when opening this set, be careful taking off the paper spec sheet. I took mine off and apparently the gluey stuff used to stick the sheet on wound up tearing a little piece of my slip case. A little irritating but nothing I'm going to bother trying to exchange or anything. I was able to tear off the paper that was stuck and glued it back in place but its not perfect.
Old 09-24-14, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got my Dark Delicacies Store Exclusive Set!!!

Old 09-24-14, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm awaiting patiently for your, "every single release of Halloween and the sequels" pictures, Xage!
Old 09-24-14, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Casually went through it and watched some of the extras. Really solid set.

However, the bonus disc is a little weak IMO. It has the extended cut of part 1 and a bunch of featurettes/ documentaries for 4 and 5 along trailers and promos.

I would have much rather seen a feature length documentary about the series as a whole. Something similar to what Friday the 13th got in their dvd box set from a few years ago.
Old 09-24-14, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by xage
Got my Dark Delicacies Store Exclusive Set!!!

Spoiler:

Who are the signatures from?

I sort of remember that DD sold pre-sold these without a list of crew and actors who were going to be at the signing.
Old 09-24-14, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 977 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Got my cancellation notice and the 30% fuck you.

Maybe we can all get together and have bandoman sue the bastards for us. Ted Turner is a billionairre. He can afford to eat a few thousand dollars to get us cheap Halloween sets.
Not really the point, but does Ted Turner even have anything to do with Turner Broadcasting anymore? I thought bailed long ago in the aftermath of all of the mergers with AOL and Time Warner, etc.

Either way, now that they've made the coupons applicable towards sale items, there are deals to be had. I ended up spending close to $100 as a result of my initial $20 flyer, so good for TCM.
Old 09-24-14, 09:02 AM

So... it does look like my order shipped. My order status shows as cancelled. I wonder if they will charge me or not. I still have a pending charge. Not saying its ethical by any means, and I don't really care enough to call them and do this...the deal is awesome as it is and I frequent their shop... but what kind of case would I have if my order clearly shows as cancelled and I get charged. Is there a way to associate the tracking with me in a system somewhere, even though its not on my order? I'm sure someone is going to do this at some point.
Old 09-24-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

So... it does look like my order shipped. My order status shows as cancelled. I wonder if they will charge me or not. I still have a pending charge. Not saying its ethical by any means, and I don't really care enough to call them and do this...the deal is awesome as it is and I frequent their shop... but what kind of case would I have if my order clearly shows as cancelled and I get charged. Is there a way to associate the tracking with me in a system somewhere, even though its not on my order? I'm sure someone is going to do this at some point.
It's possible that you could get a clueless rep to to take off the charge. I doubt they actually sent it out to you though. How do you know your order shipped?
Old 09-24-14, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Neil M.
It's possible that you could get a clueless rep to to take off the charge. I doubt they actually sent it out to you though. How do you know your order shipped?
UPS sent me an email with tracking info. And it is moving, with scheduled delivery date of 9/27.
Old 09-24-14, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

UPS sent me an email with tracking info. And it is moving, with scheduled delivery date of 9/27.
Interesting. They do have the ability to stop a delivery but it's possible that you slipped through the cracks.

Getting back to the set, I watched 4,5, and 6 last night. Halloween 4 seems to have an audio sync problem during the second half of the movie. I don't own the original blu-ray so I can't compare it but it's definitely off.

The producer's cut of 6 looks fantastic. I could never get into the bootleg so I never really watched the whole thing before. It's a much better film even though I still hate the direction they took with the story.
Old 09-24-14, 10:06 AM

Yea. I received my set from Amazon. I can't wait to dive into this thing. Very excited to watch a non bootleg version of H6. As you stated... I couldn't really watch either. It was just awful to look at.
Old 09-24-14, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Casually went through it and watched some of the extras. Really solid set.

However, the bonus disc is a little weak IMO. It has the extended cut of part 1 and a bunch of featurettes/ documentaries for 4 and 5 along trailers and promos.

I would have much rather seen a feature length documentary about the series as a whole. Something similar to what Friday the 13th got in their dvd box set from a few years ago.
Are there english subtitles for the bonus disc? I hope so!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.