Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Old 09-13-16, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Would be nice if there was a way to get the original with the damn mono track without this big-ass expensive set.
Old 09-14-16, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Would be nice if there was a way to get the original with the damn mono track without this big-ass expensive set.
And the better versions of the Miramax titles. Personally I think people should be patient. While a full box may never happen again, these all are ripe to be released again separately. Which is actually better for those with no interest in owning the duds in the series.
Old 09-14-16, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I wish some good samaritan would do this with the Friday the 13th set...
Old 09-14-16, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
And the better versions of the Miramax titles. Personally I think people should be patient. While a full box may never happen again, these all are ripe to be released again separately. Which is actually better for those with no interest in owning the duds in the series.
You know, I thought about that but I love the presentation utilizing the original one-sheets. The price, $96.71 is pretty sweet for such a comprehensive set that is OOP. Each film and its abundant extras average $9.67 each. There are 15 discs in this set and to my knowledge, it is the only way to get the extended cut of the original which was broadcast on television. Plus, I'm a sucker for packaging, so the inclusion of a nice booklet and slipcover was the icing on the cake for me. I'm not a big fan of the sequels and the Rob Zombie remakes, but it will be fun revisiting them leading up to Halloween next month. If I decided to sell, but I won't, I think I would do fine since most marketplace sellers at Barnes & Noble, eBay and Amazon are seeking around $150 and up for new sets. Personally, even if you have passing interest in this series it's a no-brainer at this price. 'Cause next year this one will be as hard-to-find at a decent price as the first "Vincent Price Collection."
Old 10-21-16, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

Finally bit the bullet and picked up the 15-Disc LE for around $100 on Ebay.

Brand New!
Old 10-22-16, 06:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 360 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
It's tempting, but if I buy it I know it'll be $50 within six months. I'd normally toftt of you waiters, but I think I'll live with my dozens of Halloween dvds and BDs and wait this one out.
Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I really doubt it gets that low that fast. It might drop to $85-$100 after some time, but even for it to drop that far I don't see happening too soon. This isn't some obscure franchise but one of the biggest slasher series of all time. That coupled with it being a Scream Factory release my guess is it stays high for a while.
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Don't bother you won't touch it until 2024 at the earliest.
Stumbled into these old posts, and just because I'm feeling icky and desiring justification this morning: glad I waited for last year's $67 drop, and I've played most of the 15 discs already.
Old 10-22-16, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a great set and now I do wonder if the exclusive stuff in this set will ever be released separately. The last few weeks would have been the perfect time, for example, to release those Miramax titles in a smaller set or individually. Or to release yet another deluxe set of the original. This time with all the first movie extras in the set and the true mono mix (for those that want that).

I also always toy with the idea of selling my copy of the set since it has so many duds and the better movies can be had individually. It would be 100% profit since I'm one of the lucky few that had my order cancelled by TCM, but still had it shipped to me anyway. One of the reasons I have been really hoping they would release the better version of H20 separately. I have no interest in the shitty double feature release of H20 and Resurrection.
Old 10-22-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Miramax did release the Producers Cut of H6 separately but without the extra content that Shout Factory produced for the box set, so it's safe to say that it won't be released separately. If they did release the other Halloween movies, it's safe to say it will be without the special features.

The 10 disc collection is on sale for 40 bucks on Amazon and Best Buy right now. This is the cheapest alternative to collect most of the movies and to get the original film with the Mono track.
Old 10-22-16, 01:22 PM
Banned

Buying the "Halloween" deluxe 15 disc set via a marketplace seller at Barnes & Noble and finding the "Friday the 13th" complete film collection at Best Buy last week have been the highlight of this year's Halloween season for me. I was no longer collecting when both sets were originally released and I am so happy I was able to grab them at such reasonable prices—especially considering where those prices are likely to go in the next couple of years. I'm not sure it's wise to gamble on these types of sets being re-released in the future. They are costly to assemble and getting all the various rights holders together can be a tricky proposition. Hell, I'm praying some of the titles from the "Vincent Price Collection Vol I" are re-released. I would jump at the chance to own a special release Of the two Dr. Phibes films in an elaborate set similar to what Arrow did in the UK.
Old 10-22-16, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronSch View Post
Buying the "Halloween" deluxe 15 disc set via a marketplace seller at Barnes & Noble and finding the "Friday the 13th" complete film collection at Best Buy last week have been the highlight of this year's Halloween season for me.
Same! I was able to recently sell my Friday The 13th UV Code for around $22, so I got my recently Halloween LE purchase down to under $80
Old 10-23-16, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
Same! I was able to recently sell my Friday The 13th UV Code for around $22, so I got my recently Halloween LE purchase down to under $80
You know, I thought about doing that as well to help defray some of the cost. But I am also building a nice UV library for family and friends to access via VUDU. And it will be there for my convenience in the future.
Old 10-28-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my set in the mail yesterday! One of the corners is slightly dented but the corrected Halloween 4 disc is in there!
Old 10-31-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts

So I never got around to buying the LE set, and don't really want to pay the crazy prices to try and get it now. I don't really care about the TV Cuts, the extra disc for the Rob Zombie remake, or the 07' Halloween disc. So I thought I might just get the 10 disc set, and Halloween 6 producer's cut that Lionsgate put out. Since that would be the cheapest way to go now. Does anyone know if the Halloween 4 disc included is the correct disc without the audio problem?
Old 11-14-16, 08:49 AM

btw-my local walmart has a few of these sets on sales for $49.