Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Lego Movie - 5/27/14

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Lego Movie - 5/27/14

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Re: The Lego Movie - 5/27/14

I didn't realize until I got it what the 3d photograph thing is... how useless. And the slipcover fanatics aren't going to be pleased either.

The movie itself is still great, though...

Last edited by fujishig; 06-18-14 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-20-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lego movie reminded me of Machete Kills. Lots of bizarre cameos and plenty of unexpected fun.
Old 06-20-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I assume the UK version wouldn't have a UV code that works with a US account though, right?
It will work if you set up a temporary UK proxy. It worked for me with the James Dean set.

copied from a post (member n7j) in another forum.

1. Download and install Firefox
2. Google for the anonymox plugin and install....
3. load firefox, go to flixster.com, a small box in lower right corner with ip address will display, click on it, options should open, select a uk proxy from the list and click on it, ip should change and something like uk5c or whatever should display with it
4. go to the movie redemption page, and wait for proxy to do it's magic, notice on movie page it should say offer valid in uk or something only....
5. enter code, login account, wait for movie to be added to account, voila! movie is redeemed.....
I uninstalled the plugin program though afterwards, as it was too conspicuous for my liking.
Old 06-20-14, 10:06 AM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts

This arrived Tuesday and our preschool daughter has already watched it every. Day. Since. But I love it so it's all good. Haven't seen Frozen yet but I hear that's a similar phenomenon in many homes. The Lego Movie is the first movie she saw in the theater, too, thanks to her cool dad.
Old 06-20-14, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I'm waiting until August to give this to my son for his Bday. FYI, Costco had the blu/dvd/uv version for $17.99 when I was there today.
Old 06-20-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story
This arrived Tuesday and our preschool daughter has already watched it every. Day. Since. But I love it so it's all good. Haven't seen Frozen yet but I hear that's a similar phenomenon in many homes. The Lego Movie is the first movie she saw in the theater, too, thanks to her cool dad.
If your preschool daughter sees Frozen then trust me she will be watching it every day too.
Old 06-21-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Every parent I know has seen Cars so many times that they want put their heads through the wall.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 06-21-14 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-21-14, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It makes me wonder if not only has the newer generations made their children to be pussies but also the parents are pussies themselves?

There were a few films I could watch a lot of as a kid but of my parents got annoyed with some BS I did they'd stop that shit.

Parents are just BS dumpsters now?
Old 06-21-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
It makes me wonder if not only has the newer generations made their children to be pussies but also the parents are pussies themselves?

There were a few films I could watch a lot of as a kid but of my parents got annoyed with some BS I did they'd stop that shit.

I agree. But then I'm too old to have even had VCRs, much less my own TV when I was a kid, so I was never in a situation to bother my parents to watch a cartoon on a continuous loop. BUT, I recall that we did have a 16mm prints of Bambi and Pinocchio that my dad would occasionally let us watch. But that was only once every other month or so. When I was a little older, we had an Atari, but still just one TV, and my parents regulated the shit out of how often I could play. Now, every kid has their own iPad. Just different times, I guess.
Old 06-21-14, 11:20 AM
Banned

Shitty parenting standards is what it looks like. A kid, stereotypically, is a product of a family of some sort. Growing, learning, and experiencing some standard of life in that unit. If you just let the kid take command to not make them bitch about something them all you're doing is making that kid think that they get what they want when they want it.

I was born in 1986. Great era to be born in cuz I was that massive transition in tech growing up. I had a VCR In my home. We had one nice biggish TV. I'd be allowed to watch what I wanted when no one else was using it. Once my fun would spill into something my parents wanted I'd go, " awww, man" and then happily just do whatever else I could do to have fun. Play with the dog, draw, play with my action figures, read, etc.

I didn't cry my head off cuz I knew that if I was a little bitch I'd be spanked. Which was a good way to understand that I am not the most important little shit in the house. Sure I was spanked a few times cuz that's the way it was and I totally deserved it but I learned as well. You don't need to be spanked to learn but you do have to be told a why this is the way it is or whatever.

Now little kids rule the house? Fuck that. Horrible culture to introduce.
Old 06-21-14, 11:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Every parent I know has see. Cars so many times that they want put their heads through the wall.
Cars is still a shitty movie without kids playing it ad nauseum.
Old 06-21-14, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Cars is still a shitty movie without kids playing it ad nauseum.
Own, it haven't sat down with it.
Old 06-21-14, 03:10 PM
Banned

Cars isn't bad. It just doesn't do much of anything. It's just there and it's good but doesn't really try anything new. It's a good movie.
Old 06-21-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shitty parenting standards is what it looks like. A kid, stereotypically, is a product of a family of some sort. Growing, learning, and experiencing some standard of life in that unit. If you just let the kid take command to not make them bitch about something them all you're doing is making that kid think that they get what they want when they want it.
Yeah, but then no parent is perfect and every parent has fucked up their kids in one way or another, though in varying degrees.

Study Finds Every Style Of Parenting Produces Disturbed, Miserable Adults

SANTA ROSA, CA—A study released by the California Parenting Institute Tuesday shows that every style of parenting inevitably causes children to grow into profoundly unhappy adults. "Our research suggests that while overprotective parenting ultimately produces adults unprepared to contend with life's difficulties, highly permissive parenting leads to feelings of bitterness and isolation throughout adulthood," lead researcher Daniel Porter said. "And, interestingly, we found that anything between those two extremes is equally damaging, always resulting in an adult who suffers from some debilitating combination of unpreparedness and isolation. Despite great variance in parenting styles across populations, the end product is always the same: a profoundly flawed and joyless human being." The study did find, however, that adults often achieve temporary happiness when they have children of their own to perpetuate the cycle of human misery.
I was born in 1986.
Yikes. You're a baby!
Old 06-23-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

As spoken by someone who obviously doesn't have kids of his own.
Old 06-23-14, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

To throw in a bit of actual child behavioral knowledge, children can find comfort in repetition. If the rest of their day is hectic (daycare, pre-school, babysitter, sports, etc), turning on a movie and knowing that Lightning will learn a lesson in friendship and good sportsmanship or Elsa will learn that love is a true power, that gives them an anchor in their lives.
Old 06-23-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
To throw in a bit of actual child behavioral knowledge, children can find comfort in repetition. If the rest of their day is hectic (daycare, pre-school, babysitter, sports, etc), turning on a movie and knowing that Lightning will learn a lesson in friendship and good sportsmanship or Elsa will learn that love is a true power, that gives them an anchor in their lives.
Good point. Probably explains why they want to rewatch the same programs rather than something new. It gives them that warm and fuzzy.
Old 11-03-15, 01:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone have any other info about what's new on the 2-Disc Blu-ray "Special Special Edition" WB just e-mailed me able that's available at Target exclusively?

http://www.target.com/p/the-lego-mov...e/-/A-50010679
Old 11-03-15, 09:10 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

I've reread the posts that proceeded this one several times and I am baffled. What the hell precipitated this post by Snake?
Old 11-03-15, 09:13 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlers
Anyone have any other info about what's new on the 2-Disc Blu-ray "Special Special Edition" WB just e-mailed me able that's available at Target exclusively?

http://www.target.com/p/the-lego-mov...e/-/A-50010679
Based on the cover on the Target link, I'm guessing it's the cover that's the exclusive. I doubt there's any new content.
Old 11-03-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Based on the cover on the Target link, I'm guessing it's the cover that's the exclusive. I doubt there's any new content.
Not so sure about that if the banner in the picture is accurate. I don't recall any previous version of the movie coming with 2 Blu-Ray discs AND the DVD disc. My previous Target exclusive has a different cover, but the exclusive was a booklet and some stickers, and just 1 Blu-Ray disc and 1 DVD disc.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 11-04-15 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-04-15, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 978 Likes on 689 Posts

There's a second disc with new extras:

https://instagram.com/p/9etllJtXo8/
Old 11-04-15, 08:56 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Odd timing to release this, but if the price is right ($15-under) I may pick it up.
Old 11-04-15, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Whoa - commentary with the directors AND FilmCritHulk? I'm getting it just for that!
Old 11-04-15, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
There's a second disc with new extras:

https://instagram.com/p/9etllJtXo8/
Cool. I too may pick it up if I ever see it real cheap. Shouldn't be hard to find a new home for my current copy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.