Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Little House on the Prairie - Season 1 (with The Pilot Movie) 03/25/14

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Little House on the Prairie - Season 1 (with The Pilot Movie) 03/25/14

Old 07-09-14, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Little House on the Prairie - Season 1 (with The Pilot Movie) 03/25/14

Season 3 is listed at amazon, however, I would hold off on pre-ordering until the discount is more than 10%. I am very happy that we may actually end up seeing the entire series released on blu over the next few years.
Old 07-09-14, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm glad they're continuing with the series as well. I haven't picked up any of the seasons on BD yet, resisting the urge to double dip. I would be interested in season 4 if/when it is released. I just watched that season a few weeks ago and the quality of the DVD set is poor.
Old 07-09-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 235 Likes on 195 Posts

I like that these sets allow you to resume, but they take a hell of a long time to load...

Minor complaint, however, as these sets are excellent.
Old 02-26-18, 06:10 PM

I was visiting my parents over the holiday weekend and my mom is basically immobile due to a recent surgery so my dad has been putting Little House On The Prairie in the blu ray player for her to binge and I caught parts of a couple season 9 episodes and holy flip the eps looks stunning in blu ray. It is awesome that the entire series saw the light of day in blu ray. Also, this show was wonderful...still nothing quite like it on TV.

If only they would put other shows like The Waltons or Highway To Heaven out on blu but it really was a small miracle that Little House ended up on blu ray so it is all good.

ETA: Obviously, Little House was on my mind hence the thread bump...at least it is only a 4 year bump not a 14 year one (and even then...wow, I did not think that much time had passed between my last comment on Little House on blu and this post, but time flies).
Old 02-26-18, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Iv'e been watching Highway to Heaven on Netflix and I have about a half season left. It looks a little rough and would need some work for HD. You are correct though, it was an amazing show that most today will probably never watch.
Old 02-27-18, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 322 Likes on 276 Posts

It was good that the entire series made it out on Blu-ray, though indications are that it didn't sell particularly well.

Now that television media has become more of a niche item, releasing a show in complete series sets is the only way to go and capture the collector's market.
Old 02-28-18, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
It was good that the entire series made it out on Blu-ray, though indications are that it didn't sell particularly well.

Now that television media has become more of a niche item, releasing a show in complete series sets is the only way to go and capture the collector's market.
Yeah, it looks like Lionsgate stopped releasing sets after Season 5 or 6 came out, then Amazon stepped in to offer made on demand sets, and apparently there was some fan pressure for Lionsgate to step back in and finish up the series with official blu sets that achieved success. I learned all this from reading the customer reviews of Little House Season 9.

It really would have sucked if fans were left hanging, and as it is the sets from I believe season 6 forward did no longer included HD UV codes (I have the first 5 seasons in HD on my VUDU account because my parents do not do UV/Movies Anywhere, which is cool).

Even the movies made it onto the Season 8 & 9 sets so the series is worth buying if you are a fan (and somewhat affordable, I believe most sets are less than $25 each but with 9 seasons it adds up quick).
Old 02-28-18, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 322 Likes on 276 Posts

I've seen the Little House Blu-ray seasons go very cheaply on eBay. That is a good way to pick them up.
Old 02-28-18, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 87 Posts

I never did get around to picking up seasons on BD, but purchased the complete series for $20 some time back in HDX on VUDU. And I think it's been on sale at the price other times as well.

And as it was just mentioned, I've seen some seasons are fairly inexpensive if you look around.

All this talk has me motivated to get back into watching this show.
Old 05-21-20, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

If I skri one to borrow you, that bestowing bad.:
Old 05-21-20, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post
Yeah, it looks like Lionsgate stopped releasing sets after Season 5 or 6 came out, then Amazon stepped in to offer made on demand sets, and apparently there was some fan pressure for Lionsgate to step back in and finish up the series with official blu sets that achieved success. I learned all this from reading the customer reviews of Little House Season 9.

It really would have sucked if fans were left hanging, and as it is the sets from I believe season 6 forward did no longer included HD UV codes (I have the first 5 seasons in HD on my VUDU account because my parents do not do UV/Movies Anywhere, which is cool).

Even the movies made it onto the Season 8 & 9 sets so the series is worth buying if you are a fan (and somewhat affordable, I believe most sets are less than $25 each but with 9 seasons it adds up quick).