DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Revenge of the Nerds - BD in 2014 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/617204-revenge-nerds-bd-2014-a.html)

Johnny Lin 01-16-14 10:11 AM

Revenge of the Nerds - BD in 2014

https://twitter.com/FinnAtFox/status/423827284840050688

Quack 01-16-14 12:04 PM

Re: Revenge of the Nerds - BD in 2014

No sequels on BD, no sale.

Spottedfeather 01-16-14 12:23 PM

I would at least like the second movie on blu-ray. Don't really care about the tv movies...

Josh-da-man 01-16-14 01:06 PM

We have bush!

Obi-Wanma 01-16-14 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Quack (Post 11979700)
No sequels on BD, no sale.

Nerds in Paradise isn't horrible, but I prefer to pretend that the two TV movies after that don't exist.

Alan Smithee 01-16-14 03:24 PM

Won't buy it unless they restored the footage that was intentionally cut! (On the DVD, all scenes with the "for rent" sign are cut because it had a real phone number on it- whoever's number it was should have just had it changed if people were calling!)

hanshotfirst1138 01-16-14 03:27 PM

While I'm normally not in favor of any alterations or films, if they were upset about the number, just change it to some non-existent one. I don't know why any the scenes would have to be cut. That's kind of asinine.

nickdawgy 01-16-14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11979826)
We have bush!

Isn't it "We've got Bush?"

And it was part two, right?

EDIT: I'm speaking of the scene when they found the plants on the island, I forget if he said "we have bush" when they were watching the camera feed in the first movie.

Eric F 01-16-14 04:53 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UeyN-r_lEz...ogre-nerds.gif

Alan Smithee 01-16-14 05:27 PM

In the French dubbed version he says something like "Les conge!"

Gizmo 01-16-14 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 11980112)
Won't buy it unless they restored the footage that was intentionally cut! (On the DVD, all scenes with the "for rent" sign are cut because it had a real phone number on it- whoever's number it was should have just had it changed if people were calling!)

Does that really matter? A number removed? And people say I complain to much.

hanshotfirst1138 01-17-14 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 11980622)
Does that really matter? A number removed? And people say I complain to much.

I wouldn't care if the number was removed, I took what he was saying to mean that scenes which featured the number were removed, which would be stupid.

dom56 01-17-14 12:34 AM

Hair pie.

Lastdaysofrain 01-17-14 07:07 AM

The "We've got bush" reference in Part II (Nerds in Paradise) is a direct call-back to the use in the first movie in regards to sorority video feed.

The first home video incarnation of Nerds featured the scenes with the number (I believe it's the scene where they have the for rent sign for their eventual house, and where they march to the house, sign in hand), but it has been cut on every cable airing and home video release since the 90s.

Gizmo 01-17-14 09:16 AM

Well, without seeing that phone number and sign I simply can't own this movie. It's an important part of the film!

Drexl 01-17-14 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 11980242)

They should change the number to a real one owned by Fox and play a recording of that when called (followed by ads, I suppose).

Lastdaysofrain 01-17-14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 11980841)
Well, without seeing that phone number and sign I simply can't own this movie. It's an important part of the film!

It's not like they just cropped out the sign and number, they actually cut and entire scene where the sign appears.

Alan Smithee 01-17-14 04:10 PM

Yeah, it looks like a film break, and at first most people thought the footage was missing because of a damaged print or some other mistake. This was when a few studio reps were posting on Home Theater Forum and Peter Staddon (I think) from Fox stated that it was cut intentionally because the phone number was real and whoever had the number was tired of people calling it. (This is why in most movies, when phone numbers are given they start with "555".) They should have just gotten a new phone number and been done with it- this was hardly anything compared to when there was a hit song called "867-5309" and that number in several area codes was bombarded with calls.

I actually saw "Bruce Almighty" at a theater and noticed the phone number on the pager from "God" was a non-555 number, that was changed to a 555 number immediately for video releases.

I never like it when even one FRAME of a movie is cut, added or changed, and usually don't buy a title when I know that happens. Needless to say, I haven't bought the Star Wars Blu-Rays :)

inri222 01-18-14 12:12 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YWshbNTYVqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hanshotfirst1138 01-18-14 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 11981334)
Yeah, it looks like a film break, and at first most people thought the footage was missing because of a damaged print or some other mistake. This was when a few studio reps were posting on Home Theater Forum and Peter Staddon (I think) from Fox stated that it was cut intentionally because the phone number was real and whoever had the number was tired of people calling it. (This is why in most movies, when phone numbers are given they start with "555".) They should have just gotten a new phone number and been done with it- this was hardly anything compared to when there was a hit song called "867-5309" and that number in several area codes was bombarded with calls. I actually saw "Bruce Almighty" at a theater and noticed the phone number on the pager from "God" was a non-555 number, that was changed to a 555 number immediately for video releases. I never like it when even one FRAME of a movie is cut, added or changed, and usually don't buy a title when I know that happens. Needless to say, I haven't bought the Star Wars Blu-Rays :)

If the person who kept getting contacted by the number wanted it changed in the scene, whatever, that's such a nitpick it would hardly bother me. Removing a scene wholesale just because the number is in it, however, is totally asinine.

orangerunner 01-18-14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11979826)
We have bush!

It's funny the DVD copy I own has "The We've Got Bush Edition" written on the disc itself but on the trapsheet cover it's called "Panty Raid Edition".

I guess they had to change the name because the title was considered to be in bad taste for some retailers.