Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

Originally Posted by Moopher
Cool story, bro.

That's the obvious, as I already stated, but, I figured I'll end up with an issue because the movies are mismatched. So, I thought perhaps circumventing Best Buy and contacting Paramount Customer service would work better. Hence the reason I'm here asking, because, just maybe, someone has dealt with something like this before.
Why would Paramount help? It's not their fault Best Buy fucked up.
Old 12-04-13, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I don't think Best Buy put a WWZ disc inside of a STID case.

If it were me, I would just take it into Best Buy to exchange it, it seems like it would be less hassle to return to BB then to contact Paramount.
Old 12-04-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Why would Paramount help? It's not their fault Best Buy fucked up.
Wasn't best buy who packaged the set. It was the factoryr.

Mooper maybe you should find the factory were it was packaged and ask for replacement.
Old 12-04-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, sorry then, I misread that. I thought he ordered two movies, and they fucked up his Into Darkness order and gave him the DVD version instead.

In that case, I would still try Best Buy first since that is going to be the fastest way. If they balk at all, then go through Paramount since you are going to spend some time boxing it up and shipping it back and waiting for the corrected version.
Old 06-27-14, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for all of those that bitched about all of the store exclusives and the lack of the "imax version" of Into Darkness on Disc.
from blu-ray.com out 9/9/14
this is a 4 disc set with a rerelease of the original 2 disc blu of the first movie
Disc 3
Star Trek Into Darkness IMAX Version in high definition
Enhanced Commentary
Disc 4
The Voyage Begins… Again — Go behind-the-scenes as filming begins on the next Star Trek adventure.
Creating the Red Planet — Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
Introducing the Villain
Rebuilding the Enterprise — See the design and construction of a bigger, interconnected Enterprise set.
National Ignition Facility: Home of the Core — Location shooting at the National Ignition Facility.
Attack on Starfleet — Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
Aliens Encountered — The design and application of alien makeup.
The Klingon Home World — Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
The Enemy of My Enemy — Find out how, and why, the identity of the film's true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
Vengeance is Coming — A comprehensive look at the design and production surrounding the black ship.
Ship to Ship — An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
Mr. Spock and Mr. Spock — Leonard Nimoy makes a cameo appearance and reflects on his history with Trek.
Down with the Ship — Discover the stunt & VFX work involved to make the Enterprise roll over.
Kirk and Spock — Explore the dynamic relationship between the film's heroes.
Brawl by the Bay — Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film's breathtaking climax.
Continuing the Mission — An inspiring look at the partnership between the film's crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
Unlocking the Cut — A discussion with the film editors about their monumental task.
The Sounds of Music (and FX) — A discussion with film composer Michael Giacchino and sound designer Ben Burtt.
Visual Affection — A comprehensive look at the creation and implementation of visual effects.
Safety First — A prank pulled on the cast.
Theatrical Trailers
NEW! Deleted Scenes
NEW! Gag Reel
NEW! Fitting the Future — A look at the film's out-of-this-world costumes.
NEW! Property of Starfleet — Sourcing and tracking the film's myriad props.
Old 06-27-14, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Star Trek: The Compendium is getting released on September 9th, 2014.

It contains the first two discs of the original Star Trek Blu-ray release (the third disc was a digital copy anyway) and brand new discs for Star Trek Into Darkness which includes the IMAX version with shifting aspect ratios alongside brand new bonus materials in addition to all of the retail-exclusive bonus materials.

Disc 3
  • Star Trek Into Darkness IMAX Version
  • Enhanced Commentary
Disc 4
  • The Voyage Begins… Again — Go behind-the-scenes as filming begins on the next Star Trek adventure.
  • Creating the Red Planet — Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
  • Introducing the Villain
  • Rebuilding the Enterprise — See the design and construction of a bigger, interconnected Enterprise set.
  • National Ignition Facility: Home of the Core — Location shooting at the National Ignition Facility.
  • Attack on Starfleet — Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
  • Aliens Encountered — The design and application of alien makeup.
  • The Klingon Home World — Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
  • The Enemy of My Enemy — Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
  • Vengeance is Coming — A comprehensive look at the design and production surrounding the black ship.
  • Ship to Ship — An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
  • Mr. Spock and Mr. Spock — Leonard Nimoy makes a cameo appearance and reflects on his history with Trek.
  • Down with the Ship — Discover the stunt & VFX work involved to make the Enterprise roll over.
  • Kirk and Spock — Explore the dynamic relationship between the film’s heroes.
  • Brawl by the Bay — Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
  • Continuing the Mission — An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
  • Unlocking the Cut — A discussion with the film editors about their monumental task.
  • The Sounds of Music (and FX) — A discussion with film composer Michael Giacchino and sound designer Ben Burtt.
  • Visual Affection — A comprehensive look at the creation and implementation of visual effects.
  • Safety First — A prank pulled on the cast.
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • NEW! Deleted Scenes
  • NEW! Gag Reel
  • NEW! Fitting the Future — A look at the film’s out-of-this-world costumes.
  • NEW! Property of Starfleet — Sourcing and tracking the film’s myriad props.
The 3D version of Into Darkness will not be included. Digital HD editions of the films are included in the set. SRP sits at $45.

If I can pick up the set at $15 as I already own both films already, I'd consider it. However, the lack of a 3D disc in the set kills me for getting it at a steeper price point.

EDIT: Damn me and my fancy formatting. Rypro 525 beat me to the punch by seconds.
Old 06-27-14, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We actually have a thread on this too... Just FYI
Old 06-27-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Star Trek: The Compendium is getting released on September 9th, 2014.

EDIT: Damn me and my fancy formatting. Rypro 525 beat me to the punch by seconds.
At least your post was readable.
Old 06-27-14, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm tempted to get this but disappointed the 3D version was excluded. It's one of the better 3D conversions.
Old 06-28-14, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since all of the exclusives (except the 3D version) is finally pooled together, I'll pick this up if its on sale BF this year. I don't have the 2009 reboot yet, either, so this will kill two birds with one stone.

I wonder why they're not including the 3D disc, though. It seems like they got their shit together by actually listening to the fans but kind of screwed the pooch on including everything.
Old 06-28-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Since all of the exclusives (except the 3D version) is finally pooled together, I'll pick this up if its on sale BF this year. I don't have the 2009 reboot yet, either, so this will kill two birds with one stone.

I wonder why they're not including the 3D disc, though. It seems like they got their shit together by actually listening to the fans but kind of screwed the pooch on including everything.
I can't decide if it was an intentional "fuck you" or if they really are that clueless.
Old 06-28-14, 08:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

7 years into the format, and they're still trying to figure stuff like this out.
Old 06-28-14, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I can't decide if it was an intentional "fuck you" or if they really are that clueless.
I don't know about this new release but all the separate exclusives they originally offered for Into Darkness seemed like a very deliberate "fuck you" to me.
Old 06-28-14, 11:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I don't know about this new release but all the separate exclusives they originally offered for Into Darkness seemed like a very deliberate "fuck you" to me.
yup...

and one wonders why physical media is dying - the attitude from the major studio home video divisions seems like it's run by a bunch of moronic brain dead monkeys.
Old 06-28-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I agree. But the fact that they still managed to exclude one feature (or at least failed to offer it on a separate IMAX 3D set) makes me feel like they felt like flipping the bird to their customers one more time.

Last edited by RocShemp; 06-28-14 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 09:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I read correctly, this only has the IMAX 2D version of the film, so it doesn't have the 3D or the fixed theatrical ratio version. Guess they still want people to buy the existing disc for those. I'll wait for a heavy discount on this one.
Old 07-02-14, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Supermallet
If I read correctly, this only has the IMAX 2D version of the film, so it doesn't have the 3D or the fixed theatrical ratio version. Guess they still want people to buy the existing disc for those. I'll wait for a heavy discount on this one.
Yup. Although $27.99 isn't bad for two movies.
Old 07-02-14, 09:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is if you already own both of those movies.
Old 07-02-14, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be all over a decently priced seperate release of Darkness. But including basically the same two discs of the first movie release is pure BS on their part. Pretty as much of a middle finger to their base as the original Darkness release.

Just will have to be happy with my original release of the first and my Target version of the second.
Old 07-02-14, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't have he first on Blu, I'm torn between whether this is a good thing-in the sense that Paramount go their heads out of their asses and go ally gave the fans what they wanted-or bad because of the double dip. And the joyous catch 22 of "well, we released the fan version, and it didn't sell." Maybe I'll sell my Target STID (sounds like a sexually transmitted infectious disease) and the STID UV code which will come with this and cut my losses. I'm a sucker, but it's why they keep doing this.
Old 07-02-14, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Supermallet
It is if you already own both of those movies.
Which I do.

But I guess I could always give the first one away. I'd keep the second one since it's the 3D copy.