Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

Old 10-22-13, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Preorder Up (Fall 2013)

Originally Posted by Travis McClain
Best Buy had a second disc of bonus content, but there were also some featurettes spread across iTunes Extras and Amazon Instant Video.
Oh, how lovely. Was there code bundled with the disc to access those, or did you have to buy them individually from the digital services?

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 10-22-13 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-22-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Oh, how lovely. Was there code bundled with the disc to access those, or did you have to buy them individually from the digital services?
The Amazon Instant Video feature was free outright. I forget which one it is, but it was still available last I saw. The iTunes Extra content was included with the iTunes Digital Copy that came with the combo pack.
Old 10-22-13, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

but there were also some featurettes spread across iTunes Extras and Amazon Instant Video.
I think these were the same featurettes available on the Best Buy version. The Best Buy exclusive has the full set of bonus features produced for Ghost Protocol.
Old 10-22-13, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
I think these were the same featurettes available on the Best Buy version. The Best Buy exclusive has the full set of bonus features produced for Ghost Protocol.
From DVDCompare.net:

Spoiler:
DISC TWO: Blu-ray
"Mission Accepted" featurettes (1080p):
- Suiting Up in Prague (17:58)
- Heating Up in Dubai (17:36)
- Vancouver Fisticuffs (12:01)
"Impossible Missions" featurettes (1080p):
- The Russian Prison (11:49)
- Shooting in IMAX (3:33)
- Art Department (2:56)
- A Roll of Film (2:33)
- Life Masks (1:40)
- Stepping Into the Storm (2:02)
- The Sandstorm (3:06)
- Dubai Car Crash (8:15)
- Lens on the Burj (0:57)
- Props (3:07)
- Composer (10:42)
Deleted Scenes w/ optional commentary by director Brad Bird (1080p; 15:02 in total):
- Alternate Opening: Hendricks Practices His Speech
- Mission on the Train
- Confusion in the Van
- Benji Almost Caught in the Kremlin
- Hendricks and Leonid in the Hangar
- Arrival at the Burj Original Version
- Ethan and Jane in the Jet
- Wistrom and Chips
Trailers (HD):
- Theatrical Trailer 1 (2:24)
- Theatrical Trailer 2 (2:30)

Amazon Instant Video
The Final Fight (3 min)
Prison Break (2 min)
Soaring in Dubai (3 min)

iTunes Extras
Spoiler:

"Underwater" isn't listed anywhere else that I see.
Old 11-05-13, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy crap, the Best Buy Canada version is going for silly sums on eBay, and I haven't even checked for the Target version yet. I snooze, I loose. I wish bestbuy.ca would replenish their damn stock.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 11-05-13 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-06-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,406 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Hmm, wonder if that means they're going out of print. Would like to see Paramount re-release this properly with everything in one package.
Old 11-06-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

From DVDCompare.net:

Spoiler:
DISC TWO: Blu-ray
"Mission Accepted" featurettes (1080p):
- Suiting Up in Prague (17:58)
- Heating Up in Dubai (17:36)
- Vancouver Fisticuffs (12:01)
"Impossible Missions" featurettes (1080p):
- The Russian Prison (11:49)
- Shooting in IMAX (3:33)
- Art Department (2:56)
- A Roll of Film (2:33)
- Life Masks (1:40)
- Stepping Into the Storm (2:02)
- The Sandstorm (3:06)
- Dubai Car Crash (8:15)
- Lens on the Burj (0:57)
- Props (3:07)
- Composer (10:42)
Deleted Scenes w/ optional commentary by director Brad Bird (1080p; 15:02 in total):
- Alternate Opening: Hendricks Practices His Speech
- Mission on the Train
- Confusion in the Van
- Benji Almost Caught in the Kremlin
- Hendricks and Leonid in the Hangar
- Arrival at the Burj – Original Version
- Ethan and Jane in the Jet
- Wistrom and Chips
Trailers (HD):
- Theatrical Trailer 1 (2:24)
- Theatrical Trailer 2 (2:30)

Amazon Instant Video
The Final Fight (3 min)
Prison Break (2 min)
Soaring in Dubai (3 min)

iTunes Extras
Spoiler:

"Underwater" isn't listed anywhere else that I see.
For those of you interested in the Best Buy version of Mission: impossible - Ghost Protocol, keep in mind that despite a higher bitrate, the Best Buy disc actually features an inferior encode of the movie than that of the general release version. It suffers from obvious compression issues during low light scenes. This is most noticeable during the prison escape sequence and when Jeremy Renner is relating his backstory to the team ( at one point Simon Pegg's face looks like something out of a bad VCD). These issues are not present in the general release version.
Old 11-19-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
For those of you interested in the Best Buy version of Mission: impossible - Ghost Protocol, keep in mind that despite a higher bitrate, the Best Buy disc actually features an inferior encode of the movie than that of the general release version. It suffers from obvious compression issues during low light scenes. This is most noticeable during the prison escape sequence and when Jeremy Renner is relating his backstory to the team ( at one point Simon Pegg's face looks like something out of a bad VCD). These issues are not present in the general release version.
So I'd have to buy both versions. Just special. Great way to treat your fans. Bes Buy Canada apparently have no intention of restocking STID either. And my CinemaNow account is messed up, and it's hard for me to get into my gmail account because of this Google+ and YouTube crap. Oh, and in spite of the fact that the Blu-Ray player I bought says it supports CinemaNow on the box, it doesn't. God, why couldn't it just all be on a fucking disc?
Old 11-26-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Picked up the Target disc, downloaded the CinemaNow content. Not only does my Blu-Ray player not support CinemaNow even though it specifically says that it will, and since my PC won't support HD, I can't put it onto USB stick. Even better, I can only redeem Ultraviolet OR iTunes, and the iTunes version DOESN'T seem to have included the iTunes extras, particularly the commentary. I spent two hours driving to 4 different Targets to get this fucking thing. And now I'm getting an error message about the iTunes extras too. Joy. I redeemed it direct through iTunes rather than Paramount's website, with my luck I fucked that up, hopefully I can contact iTunes, but I doubt they'll be able or interested in fixing it. I redeemed the digital copy through Vudu, so that's fixed. Right now my main concern is the commentary. My brother has Windows 7, maybe I can download the HD CinemaNow extras from his computer and put them on a USB stick.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 11-26-13 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-26-13, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Picked up the Target disc, downloaded the CinemaNow content. Not only does my Blu-Ray player not support CinemaNow even though it specifically says that it will, and since my PC won't support HD, I can't put it onto USB stick. Even better, I can only redeem Ultraviolet OR iTunes, and the iTunes version DOESN'T seem to have included the iTunes extras, particularly the commentary. I spent two hours driving to 4 different Targets to get this fucking thing. And now I'm getting an error message about the iTunes extras too. Joy. I redeemed it direct through iTunes rather than Paramount's website, with my luck I fucked that up, hopefully I can contact iTunes, but I doubt they'll be able or interested in fixing it. I redeemed the digital copy through Vudu, so that's fixed. Right now my main concern is the commentary. My brother has Windows 7, maybe I can download the HD CinemaNow extras from his computer and put them on a USB stick.
When I redeemed the ITUNES version, it came with 2 files to download: Movie & Extras. After the Movie file downloaded then Extras file came up as error. Re-Clicked on it many times to restart download but same error. So I finally Deleted the file on the download box and just re-aded it and re-downloaded it and it worked.
Old 11-26-13, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went through iTunes Store rather than the Paramount website, I'm hoping that didn't mess it up. And I don't know if I'll be able to get the CinemaNow stuff in HD.

EDIT: Apparently, the three-disc version of the first film is OOP now too, it seems to be going for silly sums as well.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 11-26-13 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-27-13, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT: Apparently, the three-disc version of the first film is OOP now too, it seems to be going for silly sums as well.
The one that Walmart clearanced for $5? There has to be a ton of those out there.
Old 11-27-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
When I redeemed the ITUNES version, it came with 2 files to download: Movie & Extras. After the Movie file downloaded then Extras file came up as error. Re-Clicked on it many times to restart download but same error. So I finally Deleted the file on the download box and just re-aded it and re-downloaded it and it worked.
How did you delete it and re-add it? It still exists in the iCloud, so it won't technically let me blow it out, it just won't download it. I've contacted Apple, we'll see how well that works.

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
The one that Walmart clearanced for $5? There has to be a ton of those out there.
I see a few on eBay, they're around the $30 mark. Not terrible. Amazon is out and using a third party.
Old 11-27-13, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

How did you delete it and re-add it? It still exists in the iCloud, so it won't technically let me blow it out, it just won't download it. I've contacted Apple, we'll see how well that works.
Fuck! can't quite remember...

I believe quit I-tunes then either re-opened the download box or did I right-click delete and/or re-enter the code... damn sorry

hmm i just re-opened I-tunes and my download box and THE EXTRAS are re-downloading [must be the first time/error file] because i already saw it with enhanced commentary.
Old 11-28-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got it, going to put it on an external hard drive ASAP to preserve it. The only remaining pickle is the CinemaNow extras. I have apparently purchased an HD version, but my iPhone and PC can't support it. My Blu-Ray player is supposed to support CinemaNow, but doesn't for no apparent reason. I like Sony, but if I recall correctly, CinemaNow was on the damn box! If I could figure out the HD version, maybe I could put it on a USB stick or something. I suppose I should just be glad Best Buy decided to offer it for free, that was damn decent of them.

EDIT: Can't put the damn extras on my iPhone. Guess I'm stuck watching them on PC screen. Should've used a different e-mail address for my iTunes account, now I'm stuck with it.

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 11-28-13 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-28-13, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those out of the know... Amazon has this at STID is going for $7.99. The 3D version is going for $14.99.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-28-13 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-29-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sandman007
Five $2 coupons for World War Z, GI Joe Redemption, Hanzel and Gretel, Pain and Gain, and Jack Reacher. They should be underneath the shrinkwrap in the back of the case.
Anyone know when these coupons expire?
Old 11-29-13, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
anyone know when these coupons expire?
11/23/2013
Old 11-29-13, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like that shit is dead.
Old 11-29-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sandman007
11/23/2013
Well shit, it was worth a shot. Thanks.
Old 12-03-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long-time since I posted in the HD Talk forum...however, I just received this from Best Buy tonight from ordering last Thursday...and when I opened it up there was the DVD for Into Darkness...and the fucking blu-ray for World War Z, god dammit. Any of you have a suggested course of action outside of attempting to return it to Best Buy?
Old 12-03-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
Long-time since I posted in the HD Talk forum...however, I just received this from Best Buy tonight from ordering last Thursday...and when I opened it up there was the DVD for Into Darkness...and the fucking blu-ray for World War Z, god dammit. Any of you have a suggested course of action outside of attempting to return it to Best Buy?
What answer do you want?
Return and exchange is it.
Old 12-03-13, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story, bro.

That's the obvious, as I already stated, but, I figured I'll end up with an issue because the movies are mismatched. So, I thought perhaps circumventing Best Buy and contacting Paramount Customer service would work better. Hence the reason I'm here asking, because, just maybe, someone has dealt with something like this before.
Old 12-03-13, 11:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can send you a copy of the German disc if you like.
Old 12-04-13, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Cool story, bro.

That's the obvious, as I already stated, but, I figured I'll end up with an issue because the movies are mismatched. So, I thought perhaps circumventing Best Buy and contacting Paramount Customer service would work better. Hence the reason I'm here asking, because, just maybe, someone has dealt with something like this before.
You ask for ideas when there is one. Return and exchange.

Why make it complicated.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.