Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk

HD Talk The place to discuss HD DVD, Blu-ray and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 08-11-17, 11:06 AM   #76
DVD Talk Legend

Re: True Lies & The Abyss Blus in 2014, plus The X-Files & Twin Peaks

Then there's this. Dollars to donuts we see Aliens 3D see the light of day BEFORE we see True Lies and Abyss in 4K or even blu.

Cameron revealed that pending a good reception to Terminator 2’s 3D release that Aliens would next on the agenda!

“We haven’t proven the business case yet so ask me again in a couple of weeks if T2 Judgement Day in 3D does well. I think the next title on my list, in terms of fan enthusiasm would probably have to be Aliens before I got to the other titles that you mentioned."

Aliens seems to really hold up in people’s minds and that would probably be my next one. But we’ve got to prove the business case here so people have to show up. So show up!”

http://facebook.com/story.php?story_...aliens%2F&_rdr
Old 08-11-17, 11:26 AM   #77
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Fucking hell. Aliens in 3D? No. Stop it, James Cameron.
Old 08-11-17, 06:38 PM   #78
DVD Talk Godfather

Ugh, screw 3D!

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 08-14-17, 01:11 PM   #79
Cool New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Then there's this. Dollars to donuts we see Aliens 3D see the light of day BEFORE we see True Lies and Abyss in 4K or even blu.

Cameron revealed that pending a good reception to Terminator 2’s 3D release that Aliens would next on the agenda!

“We haven’t proven the business case yet so ask me again in a couple of weeks if T2 Judgement Day in 3D does well. I think the next title on my list, in terms of fan enthusiasm would probably have to be Aliens before I got to the other titles that you mentioned."

Aliens seems to really hold up in people’s minds and that would probably be my next one. But we’ve got to prove the business case here so people have to show up. So show up!”
I thought The Abyss was supposed to be out by now. There's a new(?) HD cable version out there of the short version, which looks good. Are they doing a new scan, or is something else holding it up?
Old 08-14-17, 01:13 PM   #80
DVD Talk Legend

Something else - it's called Cameron. I think both Abyss and True Lies have already had their 4k scans done a long time ago. Even Fox posted a picture on Facebook alluding to True Lies coming out, and that was a couple of years ago.
Old 08-14-17, 01:35 PM   #81
Cool New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Something else - it's called Cameron. I think both Abyss and True Lies have already had their 4k scans done a long time ago. Even Fox posted a picture on Facebook alluding to True Lies coming out, and that was a couple of years ago.
Ok, thanks. I had to go find that quote from Cameron about the Blu-rays coming, and I see that was already a year ago!
Old 08-14-17, 09:16 PM   #82
DVD Talk Legend

Just heard about Aliens 3D today. Kinda strange. Terminator 2 3D just feels five years too late.

But at least Cameron said he now has time to work on getting True Lies and Abyss to blu-ray. So maybe Q1 2018?
Old 08-15-17, 05:01 PM   #83
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From digitalbits
http://www.digitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/081517-1345
Quote:
All right, the big news that broke over the weekend is that director James Cameron gave an interview with the fine Arnold Fans website, where he revealed that he is finally back at work on Blu-ray releases of The Abyss and True Lies. As you know, we’ve reported here for a couple years now that 20th Century Fox had completed new transfers of both films as well as all of the work needed to compile new special features and author the Blu-rays. So it’s just been waiting on Cameron to give his thumbs-up, and as he says in the interview of the two releases: “I’m working on that. The True Lies Blu-ray and the Abyss Blu-ray have sort of fallen off my to-do list, getting one, not two, but four Avatar sequels stood up and going. But now that that has happened, I can actually take care of business. So yes, that is coming.” So there you go. Do give the complete interview a look; it’s well worth your time.
From the James Cameron interview on www.theArnoldfans.com
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/20...-human-ch.html

Quote:
TheArnoldFans: We seriously need that True Lies blu-ray!

James Cameron: "I’m working on that. The True Lies Blu-ray and the Abyss Blu-ray have sort of fallen off my to-do list, getting one, not two, but four Avatar sequels stood up and going. But now that that has happened, I can actually take care of business. So yes, that is coming."
I'll believe it when the bluray is in my hands.
Old 08-15-17, 05:03 PM   #84
DVD Talk Legend

Sure Cameron, sure.
Old 08-15-17, 07:16 PM   #85
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry but I'll only believe him when they are actually released. He gets no free pass from me.
Old 08-15-17, 11:25 PM   #86
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
James Cameron: "I’m working on that. The True Lies Blu-ray and the Abyss Blu-ray have sort of fallen off my to-do list, getting one, not two, but four Avatar sequels stood up and going. But now that that has happened, I can actually take care of business. So yes, that is coming."
What the fuck are you talking about, James?! NONE of that has happened yet, unless delaying projects into the next decade is getting things "going".

Cameron is like that annoying uncle who just spouts off about all the great things he's got going on just to see if anyone is still listening to his bullshit.

At this point I've lost track of everything on his "to-do" list.
Old 08-16-17, 11:42 AM   #87
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure that I even want them anymore.

I wouldn't mind a re-watch of The Abyss, but if it's on a streaming service, that's good enough for me.

Doctor Who DVDs needed - The Web Planet, The War Games, Ghost Light.