Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ninja III: The Domination (Cannon Films) -- Sho Kosugi/Lucinda Dickey -- 6/11/13

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Ninja III: The Domination (Cannon Films) -- Sho Kosugi/Lucinda Dickey -- 6/11/13

Old 03-15-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-III-Domi...I1U3GS55F5QRCQ

Never thought I would ever see this come on Blu Ray.

I know this was mentioned in the Shout thread, but it's easy to overlook that thread.

For those unfamiliar with this movie or way too young to remember when it came out. Here's the trailer:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/if9V-IFQjZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/

I doubt we'll hear a commentary from Sam Firstenberg. Hope we will at least hear from Lucinda.
Old 03-15-13, 11:13 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Ninja III: The Domination (Cannon Films) -- Sho Kosugi/Lucinda Dickey -- 6/11/13

THE ONE AND ONLY SHOUT/SCREAM FACTORY THREAD (with discussion of this)
Old 03-15-13, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Ninja III: The Domination (Cannon Films) -- Sho Kosugi/Lucinda Dickey -- 6/11/13

As I just said, huge threads like that overlooked in this forum. A lot of people here don't read those threads. Ninja III is a Cannon Films cult classic so I think it's worth mentioning on its own.
Old 03-16-13, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that you were so quick to try and point out that he didn't properly check the forums, that you didn't take time to properly read his post. lol

I"m psyched for this release though. I've heard a lot of good things about the film, but haven't actually seen it.
Old 03-16-13, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

The funny thing about the Ninja movies is there is absolutely no continuity. Kosugi plays different characters in 2 and 3.
Old 03-16-13, 11:39 AM

That was one thing I was concerned about. So there's no connection at all beyond the title and the main actor (who doesn't play the same character)?
Old 03-16-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
That was one thing I was concerned about. So there's no connection at all beyond the title and the main actor (who doesn't play the same character)?
Correct. Story-wise the movies have no connection other than the title.

Enter the Ninja: Franco Nero plays the hero. Kosugi is the villain.

Revenge of the Ninja: Kosugi is the lead and plays a good guy

Ninja III: Kosugi is back, but plays a villain.
Old 03-16-13, 07:23 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
I like that you were so quick to try and point out that he didn't properly check the forums, that you didn't take time to properly read his post. lol

I"m psyched for this release though. I've heard a lot of good things about the film, but haven't actually seen it.
"LOL" LOLOLOLOL OMG hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is two pages of discussion there, why bother reading this post.

I can see there is indeed a huge amount of interest with the hundreds of replies that would indeed needs its own thread.

I could really care less if a million posts are created, its a forum who cares - I was trying to point this person to an area where there was talk about it, but your right LOLOLOLOLOLOL ROFL!!!
Old 03-16-13, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cannon films = take my money.
Old 03-16-13, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Lucinda Dickey was also on Breakin and Breakin 2 Electric Boogoloo...A Cannon Films release. I'd love to see that get a Shout release.
Old 03-18-13, 06:23 PM

Can NOT wait for this release. I remember many an insomnia-ridden 2ams where I could watch films like this. Can't anymore, thanks infomercials!
Old 03-18-13, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Correct. Story-wise the movies have no connection other than the title.

Enter the Ninja: Franco Nero plays the hero. Kosugi is the villain.

Revenge of the Ninja: Kosugi is the lead and plays a good guy

Ninja III: Kosugi is back, but plays a villain.
Don't think Kosugi was a villain in Ninja. Wasn't he trying to kill the demon ninja that possessed Special K? I mean Lucinda.
Old 03-18-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Don't think Kosugi was a villain in Ninja. Wasn't he trying to kill the demon ninja that possessed Special K? I mean Lucinda.
D'ohhh, yeah your're right. Forgot that Lucinda was possessed and was technically the bad guy.