DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Troll Hunter BD issues (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/608262-troll-hunter-bd-issues.html)

Solid Snake 01-26-13 10:56 PM

Troll Hunter BD issues

Sooooo I just got the BD for Troll Hunter and it loads up fine w/ the preview trailers coming up and all that but then it gets to the menu. The screen shows the jeep on the side and a little screen w/ images of the film popping up. And that's it. Sounds of trolls, screen w/ images, and that's it. The literal menu won't come up. I'm up to date on my firmware but..for some reason this is happening. I'm assuming I got a fucked up BD but has anyone else encountered this? I'm on a PS3 and I've never had an issue like this.

Pizza 01-26-13 11:01 PM

Re: Troll Hunter BD issues

No problems with my blu-ray. I got a panasonic blu-ray player.

JordanGLC 01-26-13 11:06 PM

Mine plays fine. I have a PS3. Great movie btw.

Solid Snake 01-26-13 11:11 PM

hrmmm....guess I'll just send for a replacement BD from Amazon.

Bleddyn Williams 01-27-13 01:56 PM

If I remember correctly, I had this problem the first time I put the disc in my PS3 slim. Ejected and put it in again and I was okay. The problem has not reoccurred.

Rexxriot 01-27-13 03:08 PM

I thought I remember reading over on blu-ray.com that the PS3 has issues playing Magnolia BDs.

Solid Snake 01-27-13 05:58 PM

I don't have many but Hobo with a Shotgun plays fine, I can't remember what other BDs I have from them. I've a few but no issues till now.

AsmodeusVice 01-28-13 10:25 AM

I actually just watched mine yesterday on my PS3 slim with absolutely no issues.

As far as the Magnolia Blu's, I've (knocks on wood) never had any issues with the ones I have.

Solid Snake 02-13-13 11:08 AM

Alright. So I got my new BD of Troll Hunter. And...the same damn thing happens. WTF?

SethDLH 02-13-13 11:49 AM

I just checked mine, first time I've popped it in after owning it for a long while and the menu loads fine but for some reason I have to set my region free player to region a discs for this one... I only have to set the thing for region b or c discs while region a and region free normally play without any issue. Weird.

Brooklyn 02-13-13 03:23 PM

When I first tossed this disc in (Sony stand alone player) I had the same issue as the OP. Taking the disc out and putting it back in solved the issue.

Solid Snake 02-13-13 04:39 PM

Not me, man. I do that and I keep getting the same damn problem. Shot an email out to Magnet to see wtf they could assist me with if anything.

I did see the movie however on Amazon Instant Video. Damn entertaining film.

Ringmaster 02-13-13 05:42 PM

It might be a player issue that can't be solved. Out of the 100 plus blus I own, my copy of Evil Dead gives me trouble on my LG player, but with my ps3 and other players that I tested with, it works fine. I guess it's one of those things

Solid Snake 02-21-13 11:31 AM

so I got an email from Magnolia.

Thank you for your interest in our film. This is an issue with your PS3. The problem is that you need to clear your Cache – this area stores data from previously viewed movies and when full, you will run into this menu issues. We apologize for this inconvenience and hopefully this will solve your problem.

~Magnolia
I erased the (shared) cache on my PS3. Still nothing. In noticing it...I noticed it was 2.3gb worth of it. Jesus. Soooo my BD still won't play right. Goddamn it. Why isn't the fucking menu selection coming up?!