DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 2 -- February 19, 2013 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/606594-game-thrones-season-2-february-19-2013-a.html)

DJariya 11-19-12 05:44 PM

Game of Thrones Season 2 -- February 19, 2013

Info from TVshowsonDVD.com

HBO has announced that Game of Thrones - The Complete 2nd Season is coming to stores on February 19th. As we previously reported, they will be available as a Blu-ray/DVD combo set (7 discs; $79.98 SRP), or in a DVD-only version (5 discs; $59.99 SRP). And, as of this writing, you can pre-order the title from Amazon in either version (see button link below) and pay via Discover Card, and if you input the "DSCVRHSP" promo code at checkout, you'll get overnight shipping at zero cost when the title ships (see Amazon for complete details; if you have any trouble inputting the code and getting the deal, then contact Amazon's toll-free customer support number and they'll help you out). This will give you time to catch up on the show before HBO's broadcast debut of the third season, planned for the last day of March. There are a ton of bonus items included with this title, and package art (including a "beauty shot" of the Blu-ray version) can be seen below:

DVD set:
Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay - See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew.
Game of Thrones: Inner Circle - Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
The Religions of Westeros - Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond.
Character Profiles - Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more.
Audio Commentaries - 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more
Episode 1 - "THE NORTH REMEMBERS" With Commentary by Executive Producers/Writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
Episode 2 "THE NIGHT LANDS" with Commentary by Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
Episode 3 "WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE" with Commentary by Writer Bryan Cogman and Director Alik Sakharov
Plus Commentary by Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark)
Episode 4 "GARDEN OF BONES" with Commentary by Carice Van Houten (Melisandre) and Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth)
Episode 6 "THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW" with Commentary by Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and Writer Vanessa Taylor
Episode 7 "A MAN WITHOUT HONOR" with Commentary by Executive Producers/Writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
Episode 8 with Commentary by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister) and Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark)
Episode 9 with Commentary by Co-Executive Producer/Author of A Game of Thrones, George R.R. MartinPlus Commentary by Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), and Director Neil Marshall
Episode 10 with Commentary by Rainer Gombos and Steve Kullback of the Visual Effects Team (Plus Commentary by Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Co-Executive Producer Alan Taylor)

Blu-ray/DVD "HBO Select" combo (includes all DVD features plus):
War of the Five Kings - Track the claims, strategies and key players involved in the battle for the Iron Throne with this interactive guide that follows the movements of various armies detailing their victories and defeats.
Histories & Lore - 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
In-Episode Guide - In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
Hidden Dragon Eggs - Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
Digital Copy:
US Only: Includes UltraViolet; includes Digital Copy through participating partners including iTunes.
CANADA Only: Includes Digital Copy. Note Digital Copy is a standard Digital Copy through iTunes and does not include an UltraViolet version.
MUST REDEEM DIGITAL COPY OFFER BY 3/5/2015

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17767#ixzz2CiP5BzDB

Artwork is on the Link

Kal-El 11-19-12 06:05 PM

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2 -- February 19, 2013

Hopefully Best Buy does exclusive House gift sets again. Already have Stark. I wouldn't mind getting a Greyjoy one.

Defiant1 11-19-12 06:42 PM

Just take my money now! :dance::clap:

E Unit 11-19-12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kal-El (Post 11475161)
Hopefully Best Buy does exclusive House gift sets again. Already have Stark. I wouldn't mind getting a Greyjoy one.

Same here, I'm hoping for another BB exclusive. Have to admit though, that cover already is pretty damn cool.

Josh-da-man 11-19-12 10:45 PM

Histories & Lore - 19 animated histories detailing the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves and featuring, in-part, illustrations from Game of Thrones storyboard artist Will Simpson.
Is that Will Simpson the comic book artist Will Simpson who used to draw Hellblazer? I sort of remember Garth Ennis saying that Simpson didn't enjoy drawing the gritty urban horror of that comic book and would rather be drawing barbarians and high fantasy. If it is, it looks like he found his dream job!

Quake1028 11-20-12 06:50 AM

Can't wait. I would love more exclusive BB covers.

BuckNaked2k 11-20-12 07:18 AM

I'm holding out for The Complete Series!

Eric F 11-20-12 08:38 AM

$34.99 again for S2?

JayDerek 11-20-12 08:43 AM

Definitely a day one purchase for me.

...and man I wish digital copies were included in the initial release of the first season. :(

davidh777 11-21-12 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by JayDerek (Post 11475889)
...and man I wish digital copies were included in the initial release of the first season. :(

Yep. I was very pleased they were included in Strike Back.

starseed1981 11-21-12 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 11475792)

I want to, but don't think I can!

Groucho 11-21-12 11:28 AM

Sounds great!

mattysemo247 11-21-12 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 11475792)

Same here!

Artman 11-25-12 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JayDerek (Post 11475889)

Yeah, looks like they're re-releasing it with DC. It'd be nice if they could somehow offer those to current owners of it...

Ojam 12-27-12 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artman (Post 11482688)
Yeah, looks like they're re-releasing it with DC. It'd be nice if they could somehow offer those to current owners of it...

It would be nice, but would probably be the re-cut version and not the original version.

dom56 12-27-12 11:56 PM

I wonder if Target put in a bonus disc like the one they did on S1.

musick 01-15-13 10:18 PM

Futureshop slips
Expect the same from Best Buy
Lannister is my choice no question about it

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/...3/m2203709.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/...3/M2203708.jpg

E Unit 01-15-13 10:32 PM

Expect the same? Sans the French at the bottom of course. Very cool though, I'll gladly pick it up.

Kal-El 01-16-13 11:59 AM

That Lannister one will be mine. Greyjoy would've been cool if they had incorporated the entire sigil.

Defiant1 01-16-13 06:56 PM

That Lannister one is mine as well. Hopefully, what looks like a seam means that we can remove the French packaging.

musick 01-16-13 08:28 PM

posted at blu-ray.com via a Spanish BD site
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2088

http://i.imgur.com/J30Nu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aSEEm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TSsYN.jpg

T-bone22 01-17-13 02:51 PM

Hell yea, gimme that Lannister one for sure! The first season looked incredible, can't wait to see the
Spoiler:
wildfire explosion
That whole scene got so artifacted watching it on satellite, I remember then looking forward to the future bluray.

pinata242 01-17-13 03:01 PM

I'm actually glad I didn't go for the Stark cover last year. I'm fine with the generic "season" covers because there's no way I'd ever be happy with just one selection each year and I can't afford 2-3 sets each time.

musick 01-17-13 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 11544544)
I'm actually glad I didn't go for the Stark cover last year. I'm fine with the generic "season" covers because there's no way I'd ever be happy with just one selection each year and I can't afford 2-3 sets each time.

:hscratch:
so much OCD in this hobby, who the f%#k cares
I have the Stark cover for season 1 and am happy with that even if I never get another "house" slipcover for future seasons
I have no idea why people feel compelled to have all versions released to feel satisfied, so bizarre

popegregFKAgoblin23 01-17-13 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 11544761)
:hscratch:
so much OCD in this hobby, who the f%#k cares
I have the Stark cover for season 1 and am happy with that even if I never get another "house" slipcover for future seasons
I have no idea why people feel compelled to have all versions released to feel satisfied, so bizarre

You obviously care enough to comment about it. Sheesh, different strokes * for different folks is nothing new. Welcome to Planet Earth. :D

That said, I love these slipcovers and it's gonna be a tough choice for me.

* RIP Conrad Bain.