Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canada.US

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canada.US

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canad

Originally Posted by Drexl
Don't they still have to respect the original billing order? I'm not sure if that applies indefinitely to all movies, or if it depends on contracts in only certain cases. Although, none of them got their names above the title originally (or even prominently on the poster).
The theatrical one-sheet has the same order.

You might have to squint. None of them have top billing however.

Carlin's head IS bigger than theirs on the one-sheet though!
Old 09-05-12, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: MGM/Fox will release Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on November 13th in Canad

I'd say Keanu is a more recognizable name right now then Carlin anyway.
Old 09-05-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd say Keanu is a more recognizable name right now then Carlin anyway.
Maybe for the "kiddies" out there, almost 40 now and I was raised on 2 of the greatest comedians ever in my book. Carlin and Cosby
Old 09-05-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Maybe for the "kiddies" out there, almost 40 now and I was raised on 2 of the greatest comedians ever in my book. Carlin and Cosby
If you say so, i'm not so sure that even many non-kiddies were raised on Carlin like you though. Let alone enough so to make him more recognizable then Keanu being in all those big movies
Old 09-05-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
  1. That artwork sucks.
  2. Where's Bogus? Christ, give it to me as a retail exclusive. I'll walk into a Best Buy if I have to.
I was given Bogus in a Pizza Hut giveaway years ago (remember that?) and still have yet to watch it. Bogus is so awful in comparison to the first one. It's a tough watch. The only way I could see anyone liking Bogus over Excellent is from nostalgia as a kid. I saw both at the theater when they were released and the disappointment for Bogus was huge.

What I was most surprised about was when I read a short interview with Keanu Reeves the other day (I think it was maybe EW). They asked him what he had been up to lately since it seems he has dropped out of sight. He mentioned that he was really trying to get a new Bill & Ted sequel greenlit. I figured Alex Winters would be desperate for this but was really surprised Reeves even cares.

And to the poster who mentioned a set with both movies, the cartoons, & the TV show...Excellent!!!
Old 09-05-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I was given Bogus in a Pizza Hut giveaway years ago (remember that?) and still have yet to watch it. Bogus is so awful in comparison to the first one. It's a tough watch. The only way I could see anyone liking Bogus over Excellent is from nostalgia as a kid. I saw both at the theater when they were released and the disappointment for Bogus was huge.
I think the last time I put my DVDs in were when MGM originally released them. I think I had them on pre-order from DVD Empire or Deep Discount DVD.

But even then, I thought Bogus was better than Excellent. Even if it has a lack of Diane Franklin.
Old 09-05-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I enjoy this movie, but I like the sequel better.
I'm fond of the original...which was really released under the radar and was never a huge hit in theaters. I really only knew about the movie from reading about it in STARLOG. The second movie opened bigger, but flopped quickly, if memory serves. But I DO like the fact that the sequel is significantly different than the original. They didn't try to repeat themselves.
Old 09-05-12, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing about Bogus is that William Sadler as the Grim Reaper is fucking inspired.
Old 09-05-12, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Grim Reaper was the best part of Bogus, but I thought Excellent Adventure was better by far. I'd buy both though.
Old 09-05-12, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The Grim Reaper was the best part of Bogus, but I thought Excellent Adventure was better by far. I'd buy both though.
Old 09-05-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I've seen both, but can't for the life of me recall anything about Bogus.
Old 09-05-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

What I was most surprised about was when I read a short interview with Keanu Reeves the other day (I think it was maybe EW). They asked him what he had been up to lately since it seems he has dropped out of sight. He mentioned that he was really trying to get a new Bill & Ted sequel greenlit. I figured Alex Winters would be desperate for this but was really surprised Reeves even cares.
I guess the rumors of Keanu playing Spike in a live action Cowboy Bebop were unfounded.

Old 09-05-12, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Please tell me that is a photoshopped picture.
Old 09-06-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Please tell me that is a photoshopped picture.
If I'm not mistaken, it's a still from Constantine with the hair photoshopped.
Old 09-09-12, 07:00 PM
Cool New Member

Yes!! Can't wait!
Old 09-10-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
"Best 3 out of 5." "Best 4 out of 7." That's the one sequence in particular that sticks out in my mind that I recall/enjoyed. Otherwise Bogus was not as enjoyable/memorable for me as the 1st one was.
Old 09-10-12, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
station? robot bill and ted? plenty of awesome in bogus
Old 09-10-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I wish the producers could have used the original title they wanted for BOGUS:

"Bill & Ted Go To Hell"

But the studio didn't like it and the producers figured since they only spend a portion of the movie there, it wasn't really accurate either.
Old 09-10-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I wish the producers could have used the original title they wanted for BOGUS:

"Bill & Ted Go To Hell"

But the studio didn't like it and the producers figured since they only spend a portion of the movie there, it wasn't really accurate either.
That's no excuse. Look at Jason Takes Manhattan.
Old 09-11-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Count me in the Bogus over Excellent group. I think it's damn remarkable that they did something very original for film sequel that could have made just as much money, if not more, by being a total retread of the first film. It's just a more memorable film to me than the original. But I get why people like Excellent Adventure more, it's a time travel movie and Bogus Journey is not.