Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Alfred Hitchcock on Blu-ray & UHD Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Alfred Hitchcock on Blu-ray & UHD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The Official Alfred Hitchcock on Blu-ray & UHD Thread

Still no updates on my copy, shipped out on the 10th. The DHL tracking number doesn't appear to work, or lead to an actual record.
Old 11-25-12, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have you checked w/ the Amazon UK's tracking history?
Old 11-25-12, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crikey
Still no updates on my copy, shipped out on the 10th. The DHL tracking number doesn't appear to work, or lead to an actual record.
I don't know if you read my post on the previous page, but we may be in the same boat. I emailed Amazon after not receiving any tracking updates since the 10th and having a tracking number that, like yours, goes nowhere, and this was their response:

Looking at the tracking information, it seems that the parcel may have been mistakenly handed to another carrier. The delivery option you chose doesn't offer a guaranteed delivery date but it’s been our experience that the majority of late parcels arrive shortly after the estimated delivery date. Your parcel was sent by an untrackable method so we can’t confirm its exact location. In the unlikely event that you haven't received it by December 08, 2012 please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we'll assist you further. This is the longest we'd ask you to wait and your parcel should be delivered before then. We take full responsibility if any item becomes lost during delivery and will be happy to replace it free of charge, or refund you if a replacement is unavailable.
Old 11-25-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crikey
What type of DHL service did they use? DHLGlobalMail tracking numbers need to be entered at dhlglobalmail.com as opposed to dhl.com. From there you should be able to get the final postal service's tracking number for your parcel.
Old 11-25-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gmanca
What type of DHL service did they use? DHLGlobalMail tracking numbers need to be entered at dhlglobalmail.com as opposed to dhl.com. From there you should be able to get the final postal service's tracking number for your parcel.
Nope, 'no results' at either the global or US sites.

Edit: And now there are no more copies of the limited set available directly from Amazon UK. If I don't receive my set or it arrives damaged (and cannot be replaced, as it's sold out) I'm going to raise holy hell with Amazon, and will demand both the regular-packaging set and an additional store credit or refund. If they didn't have that ridiculous three week delivery window (which I never got with Royal Mail), they would have had to ship out a replacement copy before the limited set sold out.

Last edited by NoirFan; 11-25-12 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-25-12, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's weird; when you click track package at the Amazon "your orders" page, do you get a last update saying DHL, last update at shipping partner etc? For them to get that info on the site, they pull from the carrier's tracking website.
Old 11-25-12, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My tracking info at Amazon hasn't been updated since the package shipped on November 10th, and Amazon informed me that it was 'shipped by an untrackable method', whatever the fuck that means. If it doesn't arrive this week, I'll assume that it's been lost.
Old 11-25-12, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
My tracking info at Amazon hasn't been updated since the package shipped on November 10th, and Amazon informed me that it was 'shipped by an untrackable method', whatever the fuck that means. If it doesn't arrive this week, I'll assume that it's been lost.
I purchased mine on October 26th, it was shipped on Nov. 12th, and arrived in the U.S. on November 19th. It's got a destination scan now for my city, so I should have it in another day or two. Originally though, it wasn't due to get to me until December 8th.

Sounds to me like something may have happened to yours...but I'd still give it to your arrival date before complaining - especially since you know there's not much that can be done at this point (as the limited editions are now all gone). There's still third-part sellers on Amazon - perhaps you can talk them into shipping you one of those.
Old 11-25-12, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Sounds to me like something may have happened to yours...but I'd still give it to your arrival date before complaining - especially since you know there's not much that can be done at this point (as the limited editions are now all gone).
Oh, I'll definitely wait until after the original estimated 12/1 delivery to send a follow-up email, but if the set isn't here and undamaged by the 4th, then it's on like Donkey Kong!
Old 11-25-12, 06:20 PM
Banned

They'll refund you your money back very happily should something arise. The worst and also the best case scenario is that you don't get it after the date due to whatever...and amazon gives you your money...but...maybe...maybe...it comes to you much later after the date. And you got paid for it.

Granted. There isn't a storm or whatever stopping your shit like it happened to the Battle Royale set earlier this year.
Old 11-25-12, 06:38 PM

I ordered the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection Ltd. Edition from Amazon.uk on November 13th and all my tracking numbers were spot-on. I should be getting this package either tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I'm glad I got it at a reasonable price before they stopped stocking it due to so-called 'technical' issues. Sorry to hear about NoirFan's shipping issues.
Old 11-26-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mine is in Elkridge, MD!
Old 11-26-12, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is in stock for $99/shipped right now using free shipping code E1843 on the order. Hurry and buy it if you want it, they go QUICK...

http://www.fingerhut.com/product/Ele...5438/PT088.uts
Old 11-26-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

My order for the Hitchcock Ltd Ed set shipped on Nov. 14 and I received it today. Haven't had a chance to open it up and check it out though.
Old 11-26-12, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine came today. The box was beat to head and had a huge corner dent but the inside was fine.
Old 11-26-12, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Mine came today. The box was beat to head and had a huge corner dent but the inside was fine.
My box was in good shape, but the plastic cover on my set has four big cracks in it, including a long one right across the front of it. Fortunately, everything inside is correct and in mint condition. I contacted Universal (both the US and UK branches) to see about maybe getting a replacement cover, but it seemed too much of a hassle to ship it back to Amazon UK when the book, discs and bonus cards are all fine. I did let Amazon know about their packaging though (oversized box with no air packs or bubble wrap, which probably contributed to the issue, if not caused it completely).
Old 11-26-12, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked the tracking tonight and found my Hitchcock set is only about a two hour drive away. First tracking update since November 15. Hoping maybe to finally get it tomorrow.
Old 11-26-12, 11:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

guess I'm in the same boat, my UK copy hasn't arrived on my doorstep either... Amazon.co.uk is stating I should get it by Nov. 30th

("LATEST EVENT: Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit - 10 November 2012 12:42:41")
Old 11-27-12, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Shannon just contact Amazon UK. They will probably just send you a new one and tell you not to bother to send the old one back.
Old 11-27-12, 08:15 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I got my copy of the limited set yesterday. The case was in good shape, the only flaw was that the seam in back left corner wasn't glued properly, but that's a manufacturing issue and not damage from shipping. It's not noticeable unless your looking for it so I am not going to bother complaining, especially since I was expecting the worst.

Old 11-27-12, 10:27 AM
Banned

What are the dimensions on that thing?

EDIT: My set is in Hebron, KY. Thought the only Hebron was in Palestine. Guess not.
Old 11-27-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I had resisted checking the tracking ever since my order dispatched on 11/10, but I finally succumbed to the power of the thread and checked yesterday morning.

It was in Seattle, and it arrived end of day!

It was in a large cardboard box with filler paper, and appears free of cracks and damage. The shrink is split along the back side, but still holding on. I'm satisfied.
Old 11-27-12, 10:40 AM

I am seriously jealous guys. I am totally in the dark as to the location of my set.
Old 11-27-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Shannon just contact Amazon UK. They will probably just send you a new one and tell you not to bother to send the old one back.
Thanks...I gave it a shot. My biggest concern about returning the one I have (other than the fact that stock may run out) is that the next one might be more damaged than the first or have other problems.
Old 11-27-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by flansered
I got my copy of the limited set yesterday. The case was in good shape, the only flaw was that the seam in back left corner wasn't glued properly, but that's a manufacturing issue and not damage from shipping. It's not noticeable unless your looking for it so I am not going to bother complaining, especially since I was expecting the worst.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Mine has some slight damage along the front of the book but not enough to make me want to return it. Looks like some of the foam stuck to the book.

Any idea on exactly how many were made? Mine has a small sticker on it that says "No. 2001".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.