DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   TITANIC 3D Blu-ray 4-disc collector's edition (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/594651-titanic-3d-blu-ray-4-disc-collectors-edition.html)

Nick Martin 09-18-11 11:30 PM

TITANIC 3D Blu-ray 4-disc collector's edition

Four-Disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack

The TITANIC Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray containing the feature film are presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc 1 (Blu-ray 3D):
- Feature film in high definition and 3D - 1.78:1 (Part 1)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray 3D):
- Feature film in high definition and 3D - 1.78:1 (Part 2)

Disc 3 (Blu-ray):

- Feature film in high definition - 2.35:1

- Commentary by director James Cameron

- Cast and Crew Commentary

- Historical Commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall

Disc 4 (Blu-ray):

- Documentaries:
Reflections on Titanic (new)
Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron (new, shown on National Geographic)

- Deleted Scenes with commentary by James Cameron

- Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes

- Construction Timelapse

- Deep Dive Presentation—Narrated by James Cameron

- $200,000,001: A Ship’s Odyssey—the Titanic Crew Video

- Videomatics

- Visual Effects

- Music Video—“My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion

- Trailers (originally only on the international DVD)

- TV Spots (originally only on the international DVD)

- Still Galleries

- Titanic Scriptment by James Cameron

- Storyboard Sequences

- Production Artwork

- Photographs

- Ken Marshall’s Painting Gallery
-
Concept Posters and One Sheets

- By the Numbers

- Bibliography

- Titanic Parodies:
MTV’s 1998 Movie Awards skit
Saturday Night Live skit
Titanic in 30 Seconds with Bunnies

Pizza 09-18-11 11:37 PM

Re: TITANIC 3D Blu-ray 4-disc collector's edition

Extended cut too. Very nice. I was wondering when that would see the light of day.

E Unit 09-18-11 11:45 PM

Yep, was discussed a while back.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/592...-extended.html

Alan Smithee 09-19-11 01:17 AM

Will one of those discs be all Kate Winslet naked in 3D?

Nick Martin 09-19-11 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 10928961)

Damn.

I dun goof'd.

I made my own extended cut so if they've gone and done it "for real", then hell yeah. Loved the added scenes.

Evan Meadow 09-19-11 03:45 AM

Doesn't say if the 3 commentary tracks and all the stuff from the DVD edition are included.

And will they do a non 3-D version for those of us who don't need to spend the extra money on that disc?

Solid Snake 09-19-11 07:29 AM

I'd like to get this. I'm not a 3D guy but..if that's the only way I can get all those bells and whistles..well..damnit..guess I'm getting it. Now if only Cameron would work on T1, T2, and True Lies. FUCK I'd love to see some features on True Lies.

BuckNaked2k 09-19-11 07:46 AM

Enough with the 3D crap already. Just release definitive editions with flawless 1080p transfers and lossless audio.

Gizmo 09-19-11 08:53 AM

This will never, ever enter my home.

CertifiedTHX 09-19-11 11:01 AM

(If at all real....)

Wow.

Love the sound of that feature-length documentary. I wonder if it's anything like that documentary by Ed Marsh that was supposed to be on the 4-disc set.

Don't have a 3D TV, nor a 3D Blu-ray player. Probably won't have either for a while. But this will be mine, regardless.

--THX

Ropes Pierre 09-19-11 11:26 AM

I am hoping Titanic 2: Murdoch on the Orient Express is one of the bonus features.

revoked manliness or not i am looking forward to this release.

Kal-El 09-19-11 11:46 AM

I saw this 4 times in the theaters. Hell yeah I'm picking this up.

Nick Martin 09-19-11 11:53 AM

Wait a minute, I was always under the impression that ALL Blu-ray 3D releases are fully compatible with standard 2D televisions.

Considering what people are saying here, is this not the case?

CertifiedTHX 09-19-11 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin (Post 10929519)
Wait a minute, I was always under the impression that ALL Blu-ray 3D releases are fully compatible with standard 2D televisions.

According to that promotion, the set will include the 3D version, the theatrical version, and the extended cut. I won't be able to watch in 3D with my equipment, but everything else should be fully compatible.

I'm not even buying it for the 3D version. It's Titanic in HD, and it includes promising new special features. That's all they need to say. Watching it in 3D will be a great bonus whenever I do get the equipment for it.

I fully intend, and am very much looking forward, to seeing the 3D converted presentation next year. I don't expect it to be as perfectly rendered as Avatar, but if Cameron approves, I anticipate a lovely experience.

--THX

The Monkees 09-19-11 12:57 PM

I couldn't care less for a 3D release of this or any other movie, HOWEVER, I am very much looking forward to this. One of my favorite movies and the feature length documentary (finally) sold me on the set right away!

dolphinboy 09-19-11 01:18 PM

This is one of the few movies that I'd buy the 3D version of just to get it in HD. I don't really like watching anything in 3D, but for everything else and just have this film on blu, I'll gladly pay the higher price. I wish this was actually confirmed, though.

Bob_Bobbson 09-19-11 01:30 PM

Remember, never use BluRay.com's database for information on unannounced films. Anyone and everyone is allowed to add discs to it, and many people have put in their 'dream releases' as place holders.

Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier on Bluray.com
Where did people get the info on the discs? I remember a fan-made 3D collector's edition packaging that has exactly that same coverart and disc specs.

Originally Posted by aiman04on Bluray.com
That's just Blu-ray.com's placeholder.

Originally Posted by IndyMLVCon Bluray.com
Yeah...the pics and everything are fake. Why isn't this just in the wish list forum?

Nick Martin 09-19-11 01:36 PM

What is fact is that there will be a 3D theatrical release in April, and a Blu-ray will follow.

The rest can be just wishful thinking for the time being, though patterning this after the AVATAR set would be ideal.

Maxflier 09-19-11 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin (Post 10929519)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

PopcornTreeCt 09-19-11 03:47 PM

I don't get it. Wasn't it discussed in the other thread that this whole thing was B.S.?!

CertifiedTHX 09-19-11 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10929911)
I don't get it. Wasn't it discussed in the other thread that this whole thing was B.S.?!

It must be, sadly. It's convincingly done, but they obviously wouldn't put out something like this so far in advance. About a year too early, really.

--THX

AmityBoatTours 09-19-11 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX (Post 10929979)
It must be, sadly. It's convincingly done, but they obviously wouldn't put out something like this so far in advance. About a year too early, really.

--THX

It could be legit, (probably not but its still possible) look at star wars that was announced in the summer of 2010.
We know Titanic is returning to theatres in 3D on April 12 2011, soo its not out of the realm of possibilities that announcement on the eventual bluray release might start leaking out any time now.
Titanic is a title that would be up there with star wars in warranting such an early announcement. just sayin

JimRochester 09-19-11 06:57 PM

I too would wait for a movie only version. No interest in the 3D at all and even the extended edition doesn't interest me. I saw the deleted scenes on the SE and they really don't seem necessary. In fact the SE is probably the best looking upconverted DVD I own so although I would upgrade eventually I won't be doing it for the necklace

DVD Polizei 09-19-11 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 10929232)
This will never, ever enter my home.

ONCE......MORE.....YOU OPEN THE DOOR...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!

Cmon Giz. You know you want it. :up:

Supermallet 09-19-11 07:35 PM

Is there really an extended edition of this film? What the fuck else could they have added to it?