DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Four X-Men Blu-ray Digibook Double Dips on the Way (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/589097-four-x-men-blu-ray-digibook-double-dips-way.html)

musick 03-29-11 07:59 PM

Four X-Men Blu-ray Digibook Double Dips on the Way

Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM ET
Tags: 20th Century Fox, Disc Announcements (all tags)
A quartet of mutant-themed digibooks will be released this May.

In an early announcement to retailers, 20th Century Fox is preparing 'X-Men,' 'X2: X-Men United,' 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' and 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' for a Blu-ray re-release on May 3.

Specs and supplements are expected to be the same as the previous editions, and suggested list price for each digibook is $34.99.

You can find the latest specs for 'X-Men,' 'X2: X-Men United,' 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' and 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where they're indexed under May 3.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news..._the_Way_/6615

I guess to tie in with the "First Class" theatrical release ... nothing more to see here, carry on

Solid Snake 03-29-11 08:05 PM

Re: Four X-Men Blu-ray Digibook Double Dips on the Way

meh....

Gizmo 03-29-11 08:07 PM

Now I'm glad I stopped collecting Digibooks. This is beyond ridiculous.

islandclaws 03-29-11 08:11 PM

Whatever. Just drop the box set even lower than $30 so I can finally bite on it.

jrsl76 03-29-11 08:49 PM

I just bought the box set. I like the digibooks when that's what is first released and when the titles are all ones I like that haven't been collected in a box. If a box is out, that's usually the way to go.

dsa_shea 03-29-11 09:38 PM

A Digibook to try and get people to double dip on mediocre movies is a stupid way to do business. I like the X-Men movies and really like Digibooks but I'm not stupid enough to buy them all again just for the books. Release them this way at first and I'm all over them but now not so much.

PopcornTreeCt 03-29-11 09:56 PM

Yes along with a bunch of other Fox digibooks announced in another thread.

tylergfoster 03-29-11 10:46 PM

If it comes with a ticket to the new one, and I can get it for $19.99 or less, I might rebuy the original. Maybe.

GenPion 03-29-11 10:56 PM

I love DigiBooks but there is no way I will re-buy these. I love the first two films, but there's really not enough of a reason to warrant spending more money on these films. It's a cash grab at this point (if they want people to double dip). I would only consider these the best versions to own for those who don't own the first two films yet at all.

TRC 03-30-11 01:22 AM

Wal-Mart has these pictured as combo sets, not digibooks.

X-Men
X2
X-Men The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Spottedfeather 03-30-11 01:55 AM

This is just stupid. If you're going to re-release a movie, at least put some new features on it. I bought the set not too long ago, and it's just fine. Digibooks are cool and I'd love the Batman one, but I have the set of those, as well.

Kedrix 03-30-11 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 10701541)
This is just stupid. If you're going to re-release a movie, at least put some new features on it. I bought the set not too long ago, and it's just fine. Digibooks are cool and I'd love the Batman one, but I have the set of those, as well.

Nah, let them release the crap. I have my trilogy and Wolverine blu-rays and I'm perfectly good with them. If they put additional junk on them, it might entice me to rebuy and I've done enough of that lately.

clckworang 03-30-11 10:35 AM

They would have to add something really substantial to get me to buy any of these movies again, and new packaging isn't it.

Kory 03-30-11 11:48 AM

And Fox's DigiBooks are the worst, because they don't even have DigiPak trays inside (which makes me want to call them Blu-ray Books, rather than DigiBooks, but whatever), but rather the stupid, loose, cardboard sleeves which barely hold the discs. And they're thinner if they're only one disc and just look dumb. Ugh.