Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
apparently theres a picture of rebecca gayheart on the back of FDTD

Spoiler:
she wasn't in the film
Old 04-05-11, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
apparently theres a picture of rebecca gayheart on the back of FDTD

Spoiler:
she wasn't in the film
She was in part 3, not part 1 haha Echo Bridge aka Platinum is good about doing that, they put shots from The Howling 3 on their Howling 4 DVD.
Old 04-05-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright, I just saw this confirmed on blu-ray.com by a user there (CaptainZombie) who bought the Echo Bridge Halloween H20.

The video is 1080p 1.78:1 (OAR is 2.35:1) and Audio is DTS-MA 2.0.

The Canadian disc by Alliance is 1080i, but in 2.35:1 and with a DTS-MA 5.1 track.

...I'm starting to get a feeling that the only future Miramax releases I'll be picking up are the ones released by Lionsgate.
Old 04-05-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i highly recommend picking up the canadian halloween triple feature...i got it when it was released and don't regret it one bit.
Old 04-05-11, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Alright, I just saw this confirmed on blu-ray.com by a user there (CaptainZombie) who bought the Echo Bridge Halloween H20.

The video is 1080p 1.78:1 (OAR is 2.35:1) and Audio is DTS-MA 2.0.

The Canadian disc by Alliance is 1080i, but in 2.35:1 and with a DTS-MA 5.1 track.

...I'm starting to get a feeling that the only future Miramax releases I'll be picking up are the ones released by Lionsgate.
Classic.
Old 04-05-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If these Echo Bridge releases all turn out to be like these early reports seem to indicate... lack of lossless audio -- or merely 2.0 when it should be 5.1, wrong aspect ratios, no ported-over extras, etc... then the company can pretty much 'forget it'. These releases won't appeal to any true film fans and would be better off in a garbage disposal if that is their entire release plan.
Old 04-05-11, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GenPion
If these Echo Bridge releases all turn out to be like these early reports seem to indicate... lack of lossless audio -- or merely 2.0 when it should be 5.1, wrong aspect ratios, no ported-over extras, etc... then the company can pretty much 'forget it'. These releases won't appeal to any true film fans and would be better off in a garbage disposal if that is their entire release plan.
You mean all 1% of people like you and me who care? Yeah, Echo will just close up shop...
Old 04-05-11, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You really think only 1% of people care? Man, I hope it's not that low a figure.

Irregardless, I think these releases will be pointless to true film buffs. It doesn't mean they still won't make some money on them though, especially given the very low-budget nature of these releases.
Old 04-05-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Suddenly those Lionsgate Scream series Blu-rays don't seem so bad... I jest, I'm actually fine with those. I do think it's hilarious that Rebecca Gayheart is on the FDTD box art; maybe Echo is just "celebrating the series." And GenPion, I think what sucks the most is that 1% of us really wanted these to be good. Maybe when H20 goes into the public domain I'll release my own edition.
Old 04-05-11, 10:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GenPion
You really think only 1% of people care? Man, I hope it's not that low a figure.

Irregardless, I think these releases will be pointless to true film buffs. It doesn't mean they still won't make some money on them though, especially given the very low-budget nature of these releases.
At best, we are 1 in 100. Look at how many copies of Gladiator and other shit releases sold. We are informed, they are not. Many don't care. Most don't care.
Old 04-05-11, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
At best, we are 1 in 100. Look at how many copies of Gladiator and other shit releases sold. We are informed, they are not. Many don't care. Most don't care.
I agree. The well-informed are very few. Most consumers see something on the stands and pick it up.

I'm sure most people overpay for their movies, while those of us on these boards try to scavenge for the best deals and best available material.
Old 04-06-11, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Local Best Buy had Crow:City of Angels and Halloween:H20 on the shelf, both for 9.99...It had the same "features" as "The Yards", meaning no features. The video is 1080p 1.78:1 (OAR is 2.35:1) and Audio is DTS-MA 2.0.

I didn't bother picking either up even though I will probably bend on the Crow: City of angels the next time I'm there. The one thing I can say about Halloween:H20, It is by far the worst looking Blu-ray release, cover artwork wise. It looks like echo bridge used their lexmark bubblejet printer to print the artwork off some site. It's seriously that bad.
Old 04-06-11, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm interested in seeing what The Crow City of Angels Blu looks like, none of the home video format releases of that film have ever captured the "gold" look of the film in the theater properly. The dvd does ok, but the VHS and Laserdisc versions looked more green than gold. I doubt the new Blu is anything special, but it would be a nice surprise if the color was better.
Old 04-06-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Credit goes to jungalien who posted this over in the Bargains Section.

From Dusk Till Dawn Review:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1727...sktildawn.html

Doesn't help keep my hopes up for Equilibrium
Old 04-06-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to point out that, on the plus side, at least Alliance still has the rights to distribute Miramax titles in Canada and they've actually started to port extras over onto their BDs (i.e. Life is Beautiful).

Yeah. I really wish Shout! would've gotten these titles. While it's nice to see they're getting releases, I would've preferred a distributor who has quality control.
Old 04-06-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Credit goes to jungalien who posted this over in the Bargains Section.

From Dusk Till Dawn Review:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1727...sktildawn.html

Doesn't help keep my hopes up for Equilibrium
Wow.. Not wasting my money on this release! Maybe Ill consider getting the canadian release.
Old 04-06-11, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Everyone thank Disney for carrying so little about Blu-ray that they didn'teven bother releasing his themselves.
Old 04-07-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

I would assume that Disney didn't release a lot of Miramax blu-rays because doing so might potentially damage the market value of the catalog they were trying to dump sell.
Old 04-07-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hooray for Canada.
Old 04-07-11, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Hooray for Canada.
Three words I never expected to see anyone right!
Old 04-07-11, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I would assume that Disney didn't release a lot of Miramax blu-rays because doing so might potentially damage the market value of the catalog they were trying to dump sell.
They were not really trying to dump Mirimax until 2009. They were releasing Blu-rays in 2006.

Plus, in 2009, it didn't stop them from releasing Chasing Amy and Clerks (among others).
Old 04-07-11, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
Three words I never expected to see anyone right!
Hey now! What's so bad about us Canucks?
Old 04-07-11, 02:04 PM

Man, that DVD cover of H2O is UGLY.
Old 04-07-11, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shot an e-mail off to Echo Bridge today. Let's see if I receive some sort of a response.
Old 04-07-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n
Wow.. Not wasting my money on this release! Maybe Ill consider getting the canadian release.
The Canadian release can be had pretty cheap as well.

Not too long ago I saw it on-sale at an FYE 35 minutes away for $9.99. Then again I'm not too sure how common it is to see Alliance Releases at a U.S FYE.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.