Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
my guess is that Hellraiser III is an error its probably one of the latter Hellraiser films.
It's not an error. III-VI all have new DVD listings on amazon, including a Hellraiser triple feature, and a 4 disc Miramax Hellraiser Series collection.

http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-III...8608483&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-IV-...8608483&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-V-I...8608483&sr=1-4
http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-VI-...8608483&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Tri...8608483&sr=1-7
http://www.amazon.com/Miramax-Hellra...8608483&sr=1-6
Old 02-24-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Re: Miramax's HALLOWEEN/CHILDREN OF THE CORN/HELLRAISERs coming to Blu via Echo Bridg

Hellraiser III has been out of print for several years now, so it might be possible that the rights reverted back to Miramax, or something. I saw Hellraiser III pictured in ad for the upcoming Echo Bridge DVDs, so I doubt it's an error.
Old 02-25-11, 12:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

all I remember was that Paramount had the home video rights to Hellraiser III.
Old 02-25-11, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I thought Paramount had Hellraiser 3? Weird it's only the R-cut.
It will be interesting to see whether this is the original 91 minute R rated version of the film, or that bizarre cut that Paramount issued on dvd. Which ran 93 minutes, appears to contain all the uncut gore + the uncut sex scene, and has a couple soundtrack changes. The real R version runs 91 minutes and of course cuts most of the gore, and the sex scene is less explicit as well, but it does feature the original soundtrack with the score playing over the end credits then fading into the heavy metal song. The Paramount dvd has a stinger effect and cuts directly into the heavy metal song and it doesn't work well in my opinion. I don't know where they got this version of the film from. But it's certainly not the actual R rated version of the film.

The version listed on Amazon currently states 93 minutes. So only time will tell if that's the running time of this upcoming release, or if it's a mistake.
Old 02-25-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
It will be interesting to see whether this is the original 91 minute R rated version of the film, or that bizarre cut that Paramount issued on dvd. Which ran 93 minutes, appears to contain all the uncut gore + the uncut sex scene, and has a couple soundtrack changes. The real R version runs 91 minutes and of course cuts most of the gore, and the sex scene is less explicit as well, but it does feature the original soundtrack with the score playing over the end credits then fading into the heavy metal song. The Paramount dvd has a stinger effect and cuts directly into the heavy metal song and it doesn't work well in my opinion. I don't know where they got this version of the film from. But it's certainly not the actual R rated version of the film.

The version listed on Amazon currently states 93 minutes. So only time will tell if that's the running time of this upcoming release, or if it's a mistake.
I prefer that hybrid cut - more sex & violence, none of the extended character exposition scenes. Depending on where Echo Bridge gets their print, this could be one of 3 cuts. If they put the hybrid cut on BD, I'd consider buying it.
Old 03-17-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Coming from Echo Bridge on May 3rd onto Blu-ray:

The Crow: City of Angels

From Dusk Till Dawn

Halloween H20

The Yards
Old 03-17-11, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, just bought From Dusk Till Dawn at FYE for $8.99... well I guess it doesn't matter, it was 1080p and I still have the DVD for the special features.
Old 03-18-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuck ya, From Dusk Till Dawn. One of my last titles I've been waiting to upgrade.
Old 03-18-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seems strange that FDTD didn't go to Lions Gate with the other A-list titles. It's Tarantino and Rodriguez; hardly in the same league as the Children of the Corn sequels. I'm surprised LG they didn't at least take the first movie, like they seem to have done with The Crow, and left the sequels to EB.
Old 03-18-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I may get H20 when it hits the $10 or below mark. That was one of the worst Collector's Series dvds ever. I think it only ended up having a 10-15 minute featurette.
Old 03-18-11, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I may get H20 when it hits the $10 or below mark. That was one of the worst Collector's Series dvds ever. I think it only ended up having a 10-15 minute featurette.
I remember. The Commentary was listed but not on the disc, right? Paid $40 for it when it came out.
Old 03-18-11, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I remember. The Commentary was listed but not on the disc, right? Paid $40 for it when it came out.
I believe so, yeah. And ouch on the cost.
Old 03-19-11, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it's hard to believe that H20 had a $40 MSRP back when it was released. That was the standard pricing for Disney/Miramax/Dimension's "Collectors Series" DVDs, which were often non-anamorphic (Scream, Clerks, etc.) and had sparse extras. In the case of H20, it was basically a barebones disc that didn't include the bells and whistles promised on the back.

I finally picked it up a couple of years ago off of Wal-Mart's $5 bargain display. (And I think I paid about $4.99 too much for it... didn't care for the movie at all.)
Old 03-20-11, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not Halloween Curse of MM?

Or some of the Hellraiser movies?
Old 03-21-11, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, it's hard to believe that H20 had a $40 MSRP back when it was released. That was the standard pricing for Disney/Miramax/Dimension's "Collectors Series" DVDs, which were often non-anamorphic (Scream, Clerks, etc.) and had sparse extras. In the case of H20, it was basically a barebones disc that didn't include the bells and whistles promised on the back.

I finally picked it up a couple of years ago off of Wal-Mart's $5 bargain display. (And I think I paid about $4.99 too much for it... didn't care for the movie at all.)
I've read on other forums that there are some copies floating around that do indeed have the commentary posted on the back. I'd imagine that would be a big collector's item. My copy did have the featurette and Creed music video though, so I wouldn't call that bare bones.
Old 03-22-11, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by leem6453
I've read on other forums that there are some copies floating around that do indeed have the commentary posted on the back. I'd imagine that would be a big collector's item. My copy did have the featurette and Creed music video though, so I wouldn't call that bare bones.
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...or=1#topoftabs

Looks like a scan of an actual copy of the DVD, note the security tape visible along the top.

I do seem to recall that initial pressings did list the commentary track on the back of the case, but later pressings of the DVD had it removed from the special features list.
Old 03-22-11, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Now there are some franchises that are "safe" with Lionsgate:

- Anything involved with the name Kevin Smith.
- Scary Movie
- Scream
- Spy Kids
I'm actually disappointed that lionsgate got Scary Movie. They got only 1/2/3. Scary Movie 4 was bought/sold to vivendi entertainment, since they released the blu-ray. So far, Scream is the only movie that got a blu-ray release date. Maybe if Scary Movie 5 releases in theaters lionsgate will put them out on dvd. i bought scary movie 2 blu-ray import for $20. It's a pretty rare blu-ray, there's currently none on eBay.com. I just want Scary Movie 2 & 3 on Blu-Ray. LOL. If echobridge got them, we would of gotten a trilogy. which is good with me. :P

And vivendi entertainment released the worst artwork on their website for SM4. Who made this?! it's god awful!
Old 03-22-11, 01:55 AM

I think Extras depends if the new owners of Dimension/Mirimax were given rights to it. Not 100% sure how this all works. I'm not really an extra's guy, but it would suck for some of these films.

But meh. I already have the Canadian Halloween disc, and the Corn sequels all sucked. I'd love Halloween II/4/5, but I know that's Universal/Anchor Bay.
Yeah, I thought they included 4 & 5 on blu-ray in the box set they released for $70. but it was only the first one. :P I think anchor bay should give the halloween series up and sell them. they haven't really made anything special out of them, only re-releases. Universal too, give them up, they are doing nothing. They need to sell the series so we can get a complete series box set.

Q:
Did they sell Halloween (2007) Remake to Echobridge? If they did, that was a stupid movie,
they should of sold it sony; sony would of made a special double feature or something. a collection, maybe.
Old 03-22-11, 09:30 AM
Suspended

AB has had Halloween 4/5 planned for some time now. Maybe they'll finally show up later this year.
Old 03-22-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

AB has had Halloween 4/5 planned for some time now. Maybe they'll finally show up later this year.
I can tell you there's some BIG work being done on both of these, but a release date is probably still far off.
Old 03-22-11, 12:37 PM
Suspended

The DIVX DVDs looked pretty good.
Old 03-22-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thelonelyisland

And vivendi entertainment released the worst artwork on their website for SM4. Who made this?! it's god awful!
It's the movie poster, which is the same style as the other 3. Looks pretty much the same as the dvd artwork to me too. The widescreen banner at the top isn't really necessary though.
Old 03-22-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the person who posted above a few weeks ago: Echo Bridge has The Faculty.
Old 03-22-11, 04:00 PM

Do you think they'll release in a double feature blu-ray?
I found this online but I believe it's custom.

Isn't #6-8 already on a Trilogy Combo Pack from Canada?
Old 03-22-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, I own the Canadian BD triple-pack for Halloween 6 - 8.

All three titles are on one disc, 6 and 7 have 1080i transfers (8 has 1080p), but they all look magnificent and have great DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio tracks.

I also own The Faculty on BD from Canada and that has a 1080p transfer and DTS-HD MA 5.1 track and I'll be safe to assume Echo Bridge's eventual release might be a straight port.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.