DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Nightmare on Elm Street (Blu-Ray/Amazon) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/585316-nightmare-elm-street-blu-ray-amazon.html)

pbishop69 02-03-11 09:26 AM

Nightmare on Elm Street (Blu-Ray/Amazon)

Did the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET blu-ray go OOP or something? There's 2 listings for it at Amazon but they are being sold by Amazon Marketplace sellers and being fulfilled by Amazon.

Gizmo 02-03-11 09:28 AM

Re: Nightmare on Elm Street (Blu-Ray/Amazon)

Both the Original and Remake show in-stock and ready for delivery.

Even the Canadian Nightmare has 1 instock. Perhaps you should try again since it's been a whole 2 minutes...

Mr. Cinema 02-03-11 11:05 AM

He's saying the original is being sold by someone else with Amazon actually providing the shipping. That's why it's a weird price of $11.82. The actual 3rd party seller is on the main listing on my screen. To see the $14.49 copy that Amazon is selling, I have to click the "41 used and new" link on the right hand side.

I've noticed this alot on other titles in my wishlist. Amazon is out but they're still showing instock by a 3rd party as long as they are fulfilling the order. I don't have a big problem with that if the item comes from Amazon, but what if you needed a replacement? Is it still set up that way on 3rd party fulfillments by Amazon to get a new replacement next day?

reverie 02-03-11 11:34 AM

If you need a replacement you're out of luck.. I just learned this myself yesterday. :( The 3rd party seller still has some in-stock, but Amazon won't replace it because it came from a 3rd party seller.

pbishop69 02-03-11 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema (Post 10620986)
He's saying the original is being sold by someone else with Amazon actually providing the shipping. That's why it's a weird price of $11.82. The actual 3rd party seller is on the main listing on my screen. To see the $14.49 copy that Amazon is selling, I have to click the "41 used and new" link on the right hand side.

I've noticed this alot on other titles in my wishlist. Amazon is out but they're still showing instock by a 3rd party as long as they are fulfilling the order. I don't have a big problem with that if the item comes from Amazon, but what if you needed a replacement? Is it still set up that way on 3rd party fulfillments by Amazon to get a new replacement next day?

Thanks Mr. Cinema for explaining that a lot better than I did. lol I really don't like what Amazon is doing now using these 3rd party sellers to push product. I've only come across a few GREAT sellers at the Amazon Marketplace. 99% of them are crooks.

tylergfoster 02-03-11 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by pbishop69 (Post 10621301)
Thanks Mr. Cinema for explaining that a lot better than I did. lol I really don't like what Amazon is doing now using these 3rd party sellers to push product. I've only come across a few GREAT sellers at the Amazon Marketplace. 99% of them are crooks.

Wow. I've bought hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays from Amazon Marketplace and can only think of maybe one or two times I had any sort of problem (bootlegs).

LosingMyMind 02-03-11 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 10621308)
Wow. I've bought hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays from Amazon Marketplace and can only think of maybe one or two times I had any sort of problem (bootlegs).

This, I've only had bootlegs twice and amazon quickly refunded those.

clappj 02-03-11 03:02 PM

So, you've bought literally hundreds of items from Amazon Marketplace sellers, and gotten scammed all but just a few times?
That's terrible!
Or, perhaps just a gross exaggeration. ;)

I've bought about a dozen items from the AM, and have yet to have any issues with sellers. :)

pbishop69 02-03-11 04:13 PM

The best sellers from the Amazon Marketplace imo are SCHINDLER'S DISC and AMYIAN.

JOE29 02-04-11 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 (Post 10621308)

Me too. I've had a lot of success using those third party sellers. If it wasn't for them I might not of had as much of what I have now. Me switching over to bluray now the prices have jumped up higher for most of the newer releases. But they can be had for cheaper prices from these sellers. I'll keep doing it and save some bucks in the process. I don't care if they're used either. I don't think that I have been scammed at all, if the product was bad I just have been able to return it, with no problems.

RonBoster 02-05-11 09:31 PM

I've only come across a few GREAT sellers at the Amazon Marketplace. 99% of them are crooks.

You lose credibility with statements like the one quoted above.

Boba Fett 02-05-11 10:33 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Elm-...6966718&sr=8-6

Currently in stock for $11.82; sold by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon.

It's also $14.99 on sale, in stock through Best Buy.