Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-15, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

The limited edition of Society is out of print, with the comic book and digipack. There will be a standard, non limited release available indefinitely.

edit: Some confusion over this, apparently the US edition is limited only? But the UK is getting a standard edition?
Old 07-10-15, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
The limited edition of Society is out of print, with the comic book and digipack. There will be a standard, non limited release available indefinitely.
Thank you for the clarification!
Old 07-10-15, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, here's an Amazon pre-order for the standard edition, to be released in September, so only pull the trigger if you want the comic and digipack:

http://www.amazon.com/Society-Blu-ray/dp/B00ZPHGVOC?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-016-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00ZPHGVOC&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 08-13-15, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kinji Fukusaku's Battles Without Honor & Humanity and subsequent films are coming to the US & UK!

US Limited to 3,000 units
UK Limited to 2,000 units

UK: November 16th, 2015
US: November 17th, 2015

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/battles-...mited-edition/
Old 08-13-15, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

For you Region B-capable users, Arrow in the UK released The Burning. It's a pretty neat jungle thriller from South America starring Gael Garcia Bernal from The Motorcycle Diaries. This film won't see a Region A Blu-ray.

http://www.doblu.com/2015/08/13/the-...lu-ray-review/
Old 09-29-15, 11:24 AM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=264280&page=23

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/...59477640752896

***HELLRAISER FULL SPECS + ARTWORK REVEAL***

The time has come! We are very pleased to finally unleash the final specs and full box art for Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box!

Check out the full specs below and pre-order your set direct here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=600

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
•Uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and Lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II
•Lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 sound for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
•English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all three films
•Limited Edition bonus disc
•Exclusive 200-page hardback book with new writing from Clive Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes
•20-page booklet featuring never-before-seen original Hellraiser concept art
•Limited Edition packaging with new artwork from Gilles Vranckx
•Set of 5 exclusive art cards
•Fold-out reversible poster

DISC 1 – HELLRAISER:
•Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
•Audio commentary with writer/director Clive Barker
•Audio commentary with Barker and actress Ashley Laurence
•Leviathan: The Story of Hellraiser – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellraiser, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
•Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellraiser – actor Sean Chapman talks candidly about playing the character of Frank Cotton in Barker’s original
•Soundtrack Hell: The Story of the Abandoned Coil Score – Coil member Stephen Thrower on the Hellraiser score that almost was
•Hellraiser: Resurrection – vintage featurette including interviews with Clive Barker, actors Doug Bradley and Ashley Laurence, special make-up effects artist Bob Keen and others
•Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser
•Original EPK featuring on-set interviews with cast and crew
•Draft Screenplays [BD-ROM content]
•Trailers and TV Spots
•Image Gallery

DISC 2 – HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER II:
•Brand new 2K restoration approved by director of photography Robin Vidgeon
•Audio Commentary with director Tony Randel and writer Peter Atkins
•Audio Commentary with Randel, Atkins and actress Ashley Laurence
•Leviathan: The Story of Hellbound: Hellraiser II – brand new version of the definitive documentary on the making of Hellbound, featuring interviews with key cast and crew members
•Being Frank: Sean Chapman on Hellbound – actor Sean Chapman talks about reprising the role of Frank Cotton in the first Hellraiser sequel
•Surgeon Scene – the home video world premiere of this legendary, never before-seen excised sequence from Hellbound, sourced from a VHS workprint
•Lost in the Labyrinth – vintage featurette including interviews with Barker, Randel, Keen, Atkins and others
•Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellbound: Hellraiser II
•On-set interview with Clive Barker
•On-set interviews with cast and crew
•Behind-the-Scenes Footage
•Rare and unseen storyboards
•Draft Screenplay [BD-ROM content]
•Trailers and TV Spots
•Image Gallery

DISC 3 – HELLRAISER III: HELL ON EARTH:
•Brand new 2K restoration of the Original Theatrical Version [93 mins]
•Alternate Unrated Version [97 mins]
•Brand new audio commentary with writer Peter Atkins
•Audio commentary with director Anthony Hickox and Doug Bradley
•Hell on Earth: The Story of Hellraiser III – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Atkins, Keen and actor Ken Carpenter
•Terri’s Tales – brand new interview with actress Paula Marshall
•Under the Skin: Doug Bradley on Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
•Raising Hell on Earth – archival interview with Hickox
•On-set interviews with Barker and Bradley
•Never-before-seen Hellraiser III SFX dailies
•Theatrical Trailer
•Image Gallery
•Hellraiser III comic book adaptation [Disc gallery]

DISC 4 – THE CLIVE BARKER LEGACY – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE:
•Clive Barker short films Salomé and The Forbidden
•Books of Blood & Beyond: The Literary Works of Clive Barker – horror author David Gatward provides a tour through Barker’s written work, from the first Books of Blood to the recent The Scarlet Gospels
•Hellraiser: Evolutions – a brand new documentary looking at the evolution of the hit horror franchise and its enduring legacy, featuring interviews with Scott Derrickson (director, Hellraiser: Inferno), Rick Bota (director, Hellraiser: Hellseeker, Deader and Hellworld), Stuart Gordon (director, Re-Animator, From Beyond) and others
•The Hellraiser Chronicles: A Question of Faith – short film

200-PAGE BOOK – ‘DAMNATION GAMES’ – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE:
•Exclusive 200-page hardback book with new writing on Hellraiser and the Barker universe from Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes – including chapters looking at Barker’s early work, the genesis and production of the first 3 films in the Hellraiser series and much more, all illustrated with stills and rare material from the Barker archive
Old 09-29-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Nice! Glad I waited on ordering the Leviathan documentary now. Wonder what it means by "brand new version" of Leviathan?
Old 09-29-15, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Hellraiser boxset is Region B only, btw.
Old 09-29-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No one picked up The Beast or Immoral Tales? Think films like Emmanuelle for an idea of what to expect from these two French films.

http://www.doblu.com/2015/09/15/immo...lu-ray-review/

http://www.doblu.com/2015/09/24/the-...lu-ray-review/
Old 09-30-15, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Nice! Glad I waited on ordering the Leviathan documentary now. Wonder what it means by "brand new version" of Leviathan?
On FB they said it's a re-edited version that runs 90 min and 120 min on each of the 2 film discs. I believe the original doc is 800 min or something.
Old 10-01-15, 06:06 PM

Will there be a non-limited release of this like there have been with the others? I want to get these on blu in good quality but I just don't have the money right now.
Old 10-01-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheDuke
Will there be a non-limited release of this like there have been with the others? I want to get these on blu in good quality but I just don't have the money right now.
yes next year will have individual releases of all 3. You lose the bonus shorts disc, the packaging and the book.
Old 10-02-15, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On FB they said it's a re-edited version that runs 90 min and 120 min on each of the 2 film discs. I believe the original doc is 800 min or something.
Great. Original doc is unbearably slow and mostly consists of people saying the same things over and over. I hated it. An HOUR in they don't even get to the anything actually related to making the first film yet.
Old 10-02-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil ASh
Great. Original doc is unbearably slow and mostly consists of people saying the same things over and over. I hated it. An HOUR in they don't even get to the anything actually related to making the first film yet.
Good to know. I will save the 40 bucks then.
Old 11-04-15, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Giving a bump to ask a question. Has anyone ordered from the Arrow site? I am curious because I am interested in a few releases and cannot figure out if I need to order from the URL proper or from another spot.
Old 11-04-15, 07:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Kinji Fukusaku's Battles Without Honor & Humanity and subsequent films are coming to the US & UK!

US Limited to 3,000 units
UK Limited to 2,000 units

UK: November 16th, 2015
US: November 17th, 2015

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/battles-...mited-edition/
This got pushed December 8th, according to the Amazon email I got. Very excited for this one.

Originally Posted by macnorton
Giving a bump to ask a question. Has anyone ordered from the Arrow site? I am curious because I am interested in a few releases and cannot figure out if I need to order from the URL proper or from another spot.
They're good to order through. I picked up some releases in the past form their website. Just go wherever you get the best price. It's usually Amazon UK though. Unless Arrow has a good sale, I usually go the Amazon route.
Old 11-04-15, 07:12 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by trespoochies
They're good to order through. I picked up some releases in the past form their website. Just go wherever you get the best price. It's usually Amazon UK though. Unless Arrow has a good sale, I usually go the Amazon route.
Excellent thanks! I want the Edgar Allan Poe set and they seem to be the only ones that have it in stock. Just wanted to make sure I got the right one and not have to send anything back.
Old 11-04-15, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by macnorton
Excellent thanks! I want the Edgar Allan Poe set and they seem to be the only ones that have it in stock. Just wanted to make sure I got the right one and not have to send anything back.
I would feel comfortable ordering directly from Arrow. They do a good job.
Old 11-07-15, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Pray for Death starring Sho Kosugi is coming to BD in February.

NEW US ONLY TITLE: Pray for Death (Arrow Video) Blu-ray

Vigilante justice – ninja style!

North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
Release Date: 16th February
Region: A

THEY SHATTERED HIS AMERICAN DREAM.

In Pray for Death, martial arts legend Sho Kosugi (Enter the Ninja, Ninja 3: The Domination) stars as a family man driven to exact vigilante justice – ninja style!

Japanese Restauranteur Akira (Kosugi) has taken his wife and two boys to the United States in search of a better life. But their slice of the American Dream is quickly soured when they fall foul of a group of vicious jewellery thieves. Unfortunately for the bad guys, they didn’t count on Akira being a secret black ninja.

The samurai sword of vengeance falls swift and hard in this classic slice of ‘80s ninja action from director Gordon Hessler (Scream and Scream Again, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad), culminating in an action-packed showdown with a bodycount worthy of Commando.
·
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a transfer of original elements by MGM of the unrated version
•Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Brand new interview with star Sho Kosugi
•Archive interview and Ninjutsu demonstration with Kosugi from the film’s New York premiere
•Original Theatrical Trailer
•Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
•Collector’s booklet featuring an extract from Sho Kosugi’s upcoming biography
Old 11-07-15, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Awesome
Old 11-08-15, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yessssss
Old 11-08-15, 04:29 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Via DiabolikDVD on their Facebook page. Glad they're not gouging or anything.

We managed to grab a few Hellraiser Scarlet Boxsets. They will be $125 plus shipping to US customers only. Look for them on the site this week on some random day and time. If anyone wants both a Hellraiser and a Videodrome, I have 2 sets at $200 for BOTH items shipped in the US. Email me at orders at diabolikdvd dot com about this combo only.
Old 11-08-15, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I haven't seen Pray for Death since I rented it on VHS 20+ years ago. Don't recall too many details about it, but Sho's Ninja movies are a guilty pleasure. I own all the Cannon stuff on BD.

Just need someone to release Rage of Honor and 9 deaths of the Ninja now.

Glad this is going to be a U.S. release too. I know Arrow mostly releases in the UK.
Old 11-08-15, 11:07 PM

I never saw the Unrated version of Pray for Death. Really looking forward to this release!
Old 11-11-15, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Everyone knows the classic American horror titles: Night of the Living Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and A Nightmare on Elm Street, to name but a few. But we want to tell you a different story – a story of the unsung heroes of American terror… Whether it’s a film that has languished in obscurity, or a movie that’s at risk of being lost due to lack of source materials, American Horror Project is here to ensure that these unique slices of the American Nightmare are brought back into the public consciousness and preserved for all to enjoy.

Volume I of this series presents three tales of violence and madness from the 1970s. Malatesta’s Carnival of Blood (Christopher Speeth, 1973) sees a family arrive at a creepy, dilapidated fairground in search of their missing daughter, only to find themselves at the mercy of cannibalistic ghouls lurking beneath the park. Meanwhile, The Witch Who Came from the Sea (Matt Cimber, 1976), stars Mollie Perkins (The Diary of Anne Frank) as a young woman whose bizarre and violent fantasies start to bleed into reality – literally. Lastly, every parent’s worst nightmare comes true in The Premonition (Robert Allen Schnitzer, 1976), a tale of psychic terror in which five-year-old Janie is snatched away by a strange woman claiming to be her long-lost mother.
Newly remastered from the best surviving elements and contextualised with brand new supplementary material, with American Horror Project we can re-evaluate an alternative history of American horror and film heritage.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
Brand new 2K restorations of the three features
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard DVD presentations
English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Reversible sleeves for each film featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
American Horror Project Journal Volume I – Limited Edition 60-page booklet featuring new articles on the films from Kim Newman (Nightmare Movies), Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women) and Brian Albright (Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990)

MALATESTA’S CARNIVAL OF BLOOD – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
Brand new interview with director Christopher Speeth
Brand new interview with writer Werner Liepolt
Draft Script (BD/DVD-ROM content)
Production stills gallery

THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
Audio commentary with director Matt Cimber, actress Millie Perkins and director of photography Dean Cundey
Brand new interview with director Matt Cimber
Brand new interview with Dean Cundey
Brand new interview with actor John Goff

THE PREMONITION – SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
Audio commentary with director-producer Robert Allen Schnitzer
Brand new interview with composer Henry Mollicone
Interview with actor Richard Lynch
Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: ‘Vernal Equinox’, ‘Terminal Point’ and ‘A Rumbling in the Land’
4 “Peace Spots”
Trailers and TV Spots
PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Has anybody seen any of these? I went ahead and pre-ordered, I've been pretty pleased with Arrow's output so far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.