DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Battle Royale LE ...did you get it yet? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/584589-battle-royale-le-did-you-get-yet.html)

Jediturtle 01-17-11 09:38 AM

Re: Battle Royale LE ...did you get it yet?

Ordered 10/20, shipped 12/11, still no sign of it. Starting to get nervous now that so many of you have received it... :(

BSTNFAN 01-17-11 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by visitor Q (Post 10592391)
I contacted Amz. They said they can not get anymore from the distributor and issued a refund. Here's hoping the set is caught in transit somewhere and will eventually arrive.

Same for me...If it never comes, I'll order the non-SE once I have my region free player or wait for Anchor Bay.

Dan 01-17-11 10:43 AM

I'm not voting in this thread, since I ordered mine directly from Arrow well after the weather problems in the UK. That said, I'm hoping it arrives by next Monday, since I'll be on vacation for the week following, and I don't want Canada Post to leave it at the post office, on my doorstep, or even in the larger mail compartment in my street's "mail hub" thing.

flansered 01-17-11 12:37 PM

I agree. After having it for the weekend, I wanted to have actual discussion about the set itself, but now the thread to do it in is locked and instead we have another thread for basically complaining about the shipping problems from England.

Jediturtle 01-18-11 10:19 AM

Well that figures. Right after posting my previous post, I emailed Amazon to let them know it hadn't arrived yet and I was getting nervous. Without asking first, they simply gave me a full refund with instructions to send it back if it did show up.

Guess what showed up in the mailbox today?

I'll be damned if I'm sending it back though. I didn't ask for a full refund, so I think I'm in the right. Am I supposed to contact them and ask to re-pay for it? I don't think so. I'll be honest though...I do feel a bit guilty about it. Oh well...what you gonna do...

OldBoy 01-18-11 10:35 AM

^ congrats!

slop101 01-18-11 10:39 AM

Well, amazon.uk did just give me a full refund on my order, even though I'd much rather have the item than the money. But if it does show up eventually, boom!, free Battle Royale blu-ray box-set!

OldBoy 01-18-11 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 10595561)
Well, amazon.uk did just give me a full refund on my order, even though I'd much rather have the item than the money. But if it does show up eventually, boom!, free Battle Royale blu-ray box-set!

exactly, though not key on getting it free if it ever. but, i'd much rather have the set itself then the refund, but if i never get it then so be it. just wasn't meant to be and at least i have a pretty good DVD version.

islandclaws 01-18-11 12:32 PM

I was missing card #4 in my set (had two of #7). I emailed Arrow and they're sending me out a replacement card for free. Awesome!

Groucho 01-18-11 12:36 PM

Keep the hope alive! There's enough people who don't have them still that I think most, if not all, of you will get yours.

OldBoy 01-18-11 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10595745)
Keep the hope alive! There's enough people who don't have them still that I think most, if not all, of you will get yours.

promise?

visitor Q 01-18-11 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by visitor Q (Post 10592391)
This.

I contacted Amz. They said they can not get anymore from the distributor and issued a refund. Here's hoping the set is caught in transit somewhere and will eventually arrive.

Keep those fingers crossed boys, #8282 arrived in the mail today after almost six weeks since shipping confirm date. Absolutely impressive set!

Not that it matters, but for reference, I'm located in Massachusetts.

I emailed Amazon back to see if they want to settle up, but hopefully I'll end up getting it for free (as some reports have claimed). But I have no problems paying slightly over $20 for this beauty ...

Best of luck out there ...

EDIT FOR UPDATE: Amazon did ask if I would pay for the item after the refund had been issued. The total = 15.84 GBP.

RobLutter 01-18-11 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle (Post 10595530)
Well that figures. Right after posting my previous post, I emailed Amazon to let them know it hadn't arrived yet and I was getting nervous. Without asking first, they simply gave me a full refund with instructions to send it back if it did show up.

Guess what showed up in the mailbox today?

I'll be damned if I'm sending it back though. I didn't ask for a full refund, so I think I'm in the right. Am I supposed to contact them and ask to re-pay for it? I don't think so. I'll be honest though...I do feel a bit guilty about it. Oh well...what you gonna do...

I wouldn't put any more effort into it. Giving you a refund for an item because it's late (without you asking) and then saying "oh yeah, when (if?) it shows up... just send it back!" is utterly retarded.

I simply asked for a status update on mine (no mention of a refund of shipping or anything... just a "it's been a few weeks, what's the status of your shipments headed for the US?") and they refunded my entire purchase then directed me to purchase again from a 3rd Party Marketplace Seller (who won't even ship to the US).

The disc eventually showed up. It's not my fault that they have some outsourced special people running the help desk. If they had simply had a more informed and cordial response ("Royal Mail had some delays due to new US shipping regulations. Please allow extra time for delivery") that would have been enough. Bad business. I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to make an international call or deal with their shoddy customer service department via email.

I've done a lot of business with Amazon UK... but this might be the last. Never had a problem using sendit.com (based out of N Ireland), they are fantastic! Fast! And you get real responses.

zombeaner 01-18-11 03:21 PM

I think Amazon UK has some of the best customer service around. You got a refund and the item and you still complain? Some people cannot be made happy.

RobLutter 01-18-11 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner (Post 10596089)
I think Amazon UK has some of the best customer service around. You got a refund and the item and you still complain? Some people cannot be made happy.

I work in customer service every day. There's a difference between providing a great service and simply refunding and leaving the customer out to dry. Great service is not simply answering a question with a refund and goodbye... it's actually solving the problem or answering the question.

Amazon pretty much left us high and dry. One email explaining the delays could have solved the problem. They cut and run.... that's great customer service? The fact that the thing actually came makes me think they are more dimwitted as I was about 24 hours short of pulling the trigger over at Arrow (for a much higher price) due to not knowing where my merchandise was (or if it were ever coming).

TomOpus 01-18-11 06:51 PM

What more could they do? They mailed it out, but due to weather, the package is late. They give you a full refund. What else would you want them to do?

Pillowhead 01-18-11 06:53 PM

Got mine today! #3451 out of 5,000.

Arrived in tip top shape. Nice packaging!

RobLutter 01-18-11 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 10596375)
What more could they do? They mailed it out, but due to weather, the package is late. They give you a full refund. What else would you want them to do?

When I send an email asking about how long till I receive the item I had preordered 3 months before release... a great answer would've been "Dude, there's been a problem with the Royal Mail. It's totally cool, the package will get there... we've spoken with the Royal Mail (who we send out a bajillion packages ever day with) and due to new US regulations and weather issues... it's going to take a bit longer than normal. We appologize for the situation."

Instead I found out myself about the mail problem... they basically left me high and dry with only a more expensive substitute to get the product I wanted as it had sold out everywhere it had been offered.

I know "oh, free DVD!!!1!" is the mantra of the DVD/Blu-ray bargains forum but when it's something <$25 that I've already paid for, I'd prefer they actually found out the problem and knew the damn thing was delayed a bit than refunded it without explanation, left to pray by the mailbox daily. Perhaps I'm old.

TomOpus 01-18-11 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by RobLutter (Post 10596391)
Instead I found out myself about the mail problem... they basically left me high and dry with only a more expensive substitute to get the product I wanted as it had sold out everywhere it had been offered.

We all knew about the mail problem. That is why I never wrote to them asking for some explanation. Buying another copy was YOUR decision and YOUR risk. You make it sound like they forced you to buy it. Most of us had patience, waited it out and received our copies.

RobLutter 01-18-11 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 10596400)
We all knew about the mail problem. That is why I never wrote to them asking for some explanation. Buying another copy was YOUR decision and YOUR risk. You make it sound like they forced you to buy it. Most of us had patience, waited it out and received our copies.

Jesus, man. No need for caps. You sound like my mom. All I was saying is that they could've handled it better. I know it's not Amazon's fault, but I shouldn't have to find out where my merch is via a forum or other website.

I have no patience for this thread. Just giving an opinion. I will add no more. :)

zombeaner 01-18-11 07:44 PM

There is nothing Amazon can do to solve the problem, though. None of this is Amazon's fault.

zombeaner 01-18-11 07:48 PM

Anyway, I'm still without it. I did receive my copy of Deep Red which was shipped before Xmas. This is very frustrating.

slop101 01-18-11 08:22 PM

And still nothing. I'm gonna go ahead and break into my friend's house, steal his copy and then give it back if I ever get mine.

bobertkay99 01-18-11 11:02 PM

It was waiting for me today on my front porch after work. Shipped Dec 12th, finally arrived today on the 18th of Jan. Watching it on Friday with a bunch of friends. Can't wait!

Larry C. 01-19-11 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10593123)
*extremely hoping*

Well mine is now offically late :(