DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Thirteen ghosts / house of wax - double feature ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/579882-thirteen-ghosts-house-wax-double-feature.html)

rqman52 09-27-10 02:32 PM

Thirteen ghosts / house of wax - double feature ?

I seen on bluray.com that this is supposed to be exclusive to Best Buy, I looked in 4 stores, none in stock, online, not even listed, then searching on net I saw a site (not a review site - a retail site - which i breezed by and did not save) listing an OCTOBER 5TH release.

what gives ??

Mikael79 09-27-10 02:43 PM

Re: Thirteen ghosts / house of wax - double feature ?

I'm sure it's one of Best Buy's timed Blu-ray exclusives, but they're probably not really hyping for unknown reasons.

rqman52 09-27-10 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79 (Post 10396403)
I'm sure it's one of Best Buy's timed Blu-ray exclusives, but they're probably not really hyping for unknown reasons.

Not hyping it is one thing, but not having it in store and online to buy is dumb

Mikael79 09-27-10 03:05 PM

It shows the release date as yesterday, but it's possible that it may be in-stores and online starting tomorrow, due to Tuesday being the traditional release date.

I don't have any inside information or anything, it's just my guess.

Gizmo 09-27-10 03:13 PM

Ooh I want this!

Mikael79 09-27-10 03:50 PM

Is House of Wax semi-decent. I'll be 100% honest and say that I've avoided this film, due to fairly negative reviews and the Paris Hilton factor.

I have seen Thirteen Ghosts twice, and I really enjoyed it, but I'd be ashamed to have House of Wax in my collection, even if it's only a "B-side."

doctorthodt 09-27-10 04:26 PM

Can't find a product page for this on Best Buy's website. Probably a mistake.

Arthur Dent 09-27-10 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79 (Post 10396566)
Is House of Wax semi-decent.

No.

Matthew Chmiel 09-27-10 05:33 PM

If this would've been a double feature involving the House on Haunted Hill remake plus Thirteen Ghosts, I would've upgraded.

House of Wax? Pass.

Funny story, saw House of Wax on a double (blind) date (yeah) on opening weekend. When Paris Hilton's death scene occurred, I started a slow clap. Mere seconds later, the entire theater was clapping with me. :lol:

Adam Tyner 09-27-10 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel (Post 10396775)
If this would've been a double feature involving the House on Haunted Hill remake plus Thirteen Ghosts, I would've upgraded.

Yes. I'd buy a double feature with House on Haunted Hill and pretty much anything.

I kinda like House of Wax, I'll admit shamefully, but I already have it on HD DVD, and it got a Blu-ray release around the same time. I'd rather pick up a double feature that's all unreleased stuff.

doctorthodt 09-27-10 05:51 PM

I still haven't seen any indication that this is an actual, real product. There were a lot of alleged double features that never panned out (remember Ace Ventura or Demolition Man/Assassins?). I'm guessing this is one of them.

Gizmo 09-27-10 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 10396807)
Yes. I'd buy a double feature with House on Haunted Hill and pretty much anything.

I kinda like House of Wax, I'll admit shamefully, but I already have it on HD DVD, and it got a Blu-ray release around the same time. I'd rather pick up a double feature that's all unreleased stuff.

I too actually liked this film and picked up the HD DVD release the day it came out (back when I had to ask Best Buy to get HD DVDs from the back since they only displayed like 3 titles...). Ahh, those were the days.

AmityBoatTours 09-27-10 10:00 PM

Wb needs to put House on Haunted Hill on Bluray allready. One of my favorite horror movies.
We got the direct to video sequal a few years ago, its about time they give us the first remake.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 09-28-10 10:01 AM

House of Wax? Pass.

Funny story, saw House of Wax on a double (blind) date (yeah) on opening weekend. When Paris Hilton's death scene occurred, I started a slow clap. Mere seconds later, the entire theater was clapping with me. :lol:

I'd rather have the originals.

AmityBoatTours 09-28-10 10:59 AM

House of Wax? Pass.

Wanna hear an another funny story, I worked the world premiere for House of Wax, at the Village theatre in westwood when it was run by mann, and right after paris hilton was killed on screen, she shouts out from her seat her trademark "Thats Hot" the entire theatre i kid you not groaned and or laughed AT her.

doctorthodt 09-28-10 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 10396812)
I still haven't seen any indication that this is an actual, real product. There were a lot of alleged double features that never panned out (remember Ace Ventura or Demolition Man/Assassins?). I'm guessing this is one of them.

I stand humbled and corrected....by myself. Found this today:

http://i53.tinypic.com/13zmuc8.jpg

AmityBoatTours 09-28-10 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 10399319)

http://i53.tinypic.com/13zmuc8.jpg

How much was it? any special features?

doctorthodt 09-28-10 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10399322)
How much was it? any special features?

I want to say $16.99, but don't quote me on that as I threw my receipt away at the store :p

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mhct55.jpg

dsa_shea 09-28-10 07:06 PM

I want this for 13 Ghosts but I'm not paying the 22.99 for it since I already have HOW.

Gizmo 09-28-10 07:31 PM

Oh neat. $15 or less and I'll snag it.

rqman52 09-28-10 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 10399319)

bestbuy correct ?

doctorthodt 09-28-10 08:31 PM

correct

tylergfoster 09-28-10 08:37 PM

I might've considered it, but back in the SD-DVD days there were indications they were gonna do an Unrated House of Wax. Now that I know it was considered, I don't want to bite unless it's included. Good incentive to live without it.

AmityBoatTours 09-28-10 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 10399334)
I want to say $16.99, but don't quote me on that as I threw my receipt away at the store :p

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mhct55.jpg

NOOOO!!!! you dont ever throw your reciept away, what happens in 2 weeks when it goes on sale, now you cant get a price match.didnt Anchorman and the scores big price drops a week or two after they came out under score the importance of keeping a reciept lol seriously though
thanks for the pics, nice to see they did this as two discs and kept the special features from house of wax. for 16.99 i might just see about picking this up in a few days.

doctorthodt 09-28-10 08:43 PM

I always use my reward zone account, so if need be they can always reprint a receipt for me at customer service.