Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Office Season 6 Blu Ray Glitches

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 09-10-10, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else having some trouble with this? On disc one, the picture keeps freezing randomly while the audio continues without a hitch. It's done the same thing on two separate copies...I'm using a PS3 if that'll help anyone diagnose the issue. Thanks
Old 09-10-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Office Season 6 Blu Ray Glitches

I had an issue with disc one on my PS3 that made the screen go black when i chose to play an episode. I think is has something to do with BD Live. Everything worked fine after a couple attempts.
Old 09-13-10, 03:41 AM

I watched all four discs on my 1st generation PS3 with no issues whatsoever. Didn't use any BD Live.
Old 09-13-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I've had numerous problem playing it on my Oppo BDP83. Not just the first disc, though - it's through the whole set.

Universal just keeps power-loading these disc much more Java than the Oppo can handle. Hopefully the next firmware upgrade will take care of this but, by then, Universal will have found some other nonsense no one will ever use to clog up some other disc that I won't be able to play properly until the next upgrade after that.
Old 12-29-10, 08:29 AM

Anyone figure out what the problem is? I got the set this week and episode 4 froze in my Oppo BDP83. Tried it in my Sony 360 and 350-- it freezes in different places. Given all I've read about the problems with this set, I may see if I can exchange it for the DVD set...
Old 12-29-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found this thread by searching for threads on the Office so I could ask if it's worth it for the BD set or just go with the DVD release since the others I own are on DVD. I think hearing this made the decision for me. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-29-10, 02:17 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm expecting the blu-ray in the mail tomorrow, I'm thinking I should order the DVD while it is still on sale - after this thread and others around the web.
Old 12-29-10, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by bse View Post
I'm expecting the blu-ray in the mail tomorrow, I'm thinking I should order the DVD while it is still on sale - after this thread and others around the web.
I talked with a tech at Oppo today. He said based on the way its acting (freezing, but in different ways in different players) and the scuttlebutt on the Web (lots of reports of problems and swapping in for a new set doesn't change things) that it sounds like an authoring problem. He said Universal should recall the discs. I've got a call in to Universal but have heard nothing back. Will try to do a DVD swap in a bit....
Old 12-29-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had no issues playing it with my Sony BDP-S550.
Old 12-29-10, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean View Post
I had no issues playing it with my Sony BDP-S550.
Interesting, thanks.

Universal has responded to me and recommends turning off all Internet connections to the BD player (which I'd done); in the meantime, I was able to swap my Blus for DVDs.

I've probably owned and played 150 BDs and have never experienced anything like this before.
Old 12-21-11, 10:38 AM
Banned

I just picked up this set and it looks like, even a year later, it is still defective. Just as I've read, over and over again on the internet, I get to episode four and a few minutes in it freezes and then skips forward about 60 seconds.

I've got a replacement coming, but the more I read about this, the more it looks like I'm gonna have to end up just buying the DVD version of it.
Old 12-21-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Or it's your player.