DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Warning McGruber is only avilable on bluray @ Best Buy as a Bluray/DVD combo flipper (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/578967-warning-mcgruber-only-avilable-bluray-%40-best-buy-bluray-dvd-combo-flipper.html)

AmityBoatTours 09-07-10 06:58 PM

Warning McGruber is only avilable on bluray @ Best Buy as a Bluray/DVD combo flipper

Hey just a heads up to those of you who are not fans of the Bluray/DVD combo flipper disc.
Bestbuy and universal have done the same thing they did with Repomen for todays release of MacGruber. The only version of Macgruber availble is the Bluray/DVD combo flipper.

I know there are a lot of people out here who dont like these combo flippers so just wanted to put a heads up out there is you want the movie dont buy it at BestBuy unless you are ok with it being a flipper disc.

Gizmo 09-07-10 07:10 PM

Re: Warning McGruber is only avilable on bluray @ Best Buy as a Bluray/DVD combo fli

Figured as much. Lame.

Bluelitespecial 09-07-10 08:25 PM

Re: Warning McGruber is only avilable on bluray @ Best Buy as a Bluray/DVD combo fli

Target has the regular bluray, no flipper.

AmityBoatTours 09-07-10 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 10359091)
Target has the regular bluray, no flipper.

Yeah the flipper is exclusive to bestbuy just like repomen was.
Bestbuy is only carrying the flipper no bluray only version.

Kory 09-07-10 08:50 PM

It's $24.99 at Target, in case anyone is interested, since it's not listed in the ad in most areas.

dsa_shea 09-07-10 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 10359117)
It's $24.99 at Target, in case anyone is interested, since it's not listed in the ad in most areas.

I called and an area Target said that it was 29.99 so I went with the cheaper version at Best Buy although it was a flipper.

Bob_Bobbson 09-07-10 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 10359117)

It was 26.99 at my Target. Same price as Best Buy, so I went with the Non-Flipper version.

Kory 09-07-10 09:18 PM

Weird. First week in a while that Target and Best Buy have had different regional prices.

PopcornTreeCt 09-07-10 09:18 PM

That is soo much money for a Blu-ray.

doctorthodt 09-07-10 10:12 PM

I didn't know about this, but now I'll deliberately get the flipper to support the format.

BuckNaked2k 09-07-10 10:28 PM

Oh no, not McGruber! -rolleyes-

Gizmo 09-07-10 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 10359277)
Oh no, not McGruber! -rolleyes-

And next it just might be Cats Vs. Dogs: Return of Missy Pillowcat.

Think of the children!