Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lethal Weapon Bluray boxset

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Lethal Weapon Bluray boxset

Old 11-30-10, 04:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lethal Weapon Bluray boxset

I love these movies and I really hope that this set comes out in the U.S. I don't really care about the extended cuts one way or the other. I've been watching the theatrical cuts for 20 some years, and they're just fine. I just want it to have the Pure Lethal documentary.
Old 11-30-10, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What stops people who want this in the U.S. from just importing it? The rating graphics on the discs/packaging? It isn't like there's much of a price difference between this stuff when you import it. I'll be surprised if an eventual U.S. release is much cheaper on street date than what it currently costs to buy it from Amazon.co.uk.
Old 11-30-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just ordered mine for $39 shipped.
Old 11-30-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonJF
They must have heard me whining - it just showed up.
Lucky you - still waiting on mine.
Old 11-30-10, 06:14 PM

holla holla!!! just ordered mine as well.
Old 12-02-10, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

For the poster who asked me if I got mine yet...no - Amazon says it will arrive around Dec. 20th.
Old 12-02-10, 09:10 PM

amazon uk says mine will arrive dec 9th via DHL. hopefully it gets here on time.
Old 12-03-10, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

So which versions are these? I have the regular versions of the first 2 on HD-DVD, 3 and 4 never came out on that format. (And I can't believe people STILL leave theaters during the end credits after the release of Lethal Weapon 3.)
Old 12-04-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got mine today...everything plays fine on a Region 1 player - even the extras that aren't in HD (for the record MOST of the bonus material is in HD). For the poster above, these are the theatrical versions of the movies...extended/deleted footage is seperate as extras on each disc.
Old 12-04-10, 08:45 PM

Sweet! so LW4 is uncut right?
Old 12-05-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dragon Lee
Sweet! so LW4 is uncut right?
I believe so...although I haven't sat through it yet. It's listed as 127 minutes on the box, which I believe is correct.
Old 12-06-10, 11:50 AM
FuQ

I got this set and it is a definite improvement especially 1 & 2. They look & sound WAY better than the previous editions. They don't look as good as modern films but that is to be expected. I'm not a fan of the goofiness of 3 & 4. Chris Rock ruins part 4, he is a great comedian (one of the best ever) but he is not a very good actor. He is just starting to get good. I highly recommend this set, if you are a fan.
Old 12-06-10, 03:18 PM

This is long overdue. But I will ONLY buy this set if it has the Director's cuts of the movies......

they better not pull a LOTR on us, and only release the old VHS versions in Hi-Def......

I'd love to see the ultimate Lethal Weapon set, all 4 films, totally maxed out. that would make me open my wallet for Warner Bros and do the double dip.
Old 12-06-10, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by IstvanTheHun
This is long overdue. But I will ONLY buy this set if it has the Director's cuts of the movies......
They are the director's cuts... Richard Donner had nothing to do the with extended cuts that were released on DVD.

fitprod
Old 12-06-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they better not pull a LOTR on us, and only release the old VHS versions in Hi-Def......

I'd love to see the ultimate Lethal Weapon set, all 4 films, totally maxed out. that would make me open my wallet for Warner Bros and do the double dip.
Yeah, somewhere else in this thread there is a post explaining how, years ago, WB wanted to do new extras for DVDs and he had declined, for whatever reason, so they put together the "extended" cuts without his involvement, and he was very unhappy.
Old 12-06-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
(And I can't believe people STILL leave theaters during the end credits after the release of Lethal Weapon 3.)

, while I usually stay through the end credits of films today and have done so since the beginning of the decade. I was never aware of the end credits bit in LW3 until you posted that, and I had seen the film many times as a kid on vhs/tv and also saw it in theaters(but our family did leave during the credits then)! I have the extended triple pack release of the films on dvd, and it's about time I give them a spin since it's been years since I watched the films in full, and I'll stick through the credits of LW3 this time.
Old 12-07-10, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
, while I usually stay through the end credits of films today and have done so since the beginning of the decade. I was never aware of the end credits bit in LW3 until you posted that, and I had seen the film many times as a kid on vhs/tv and also saw it in theaters(but our family did leave during the credits then)! I have the extended triple pack release of the films on dvd, and it's about time I give them a spin since it's been years since I watched the films in full, and I'll stick through the credits of LW3 this time.
I remember when I was in middle school watching that scene filmed live in person, when they Blew up the Old Soreno hotel in Downtown St Petersburg florida.

I also remember how P!$$ed everyone was when they went to see the movie expecting the scene to be in the film, only to leave at the credits start not realizing that Donner stuck it after the credits.
They even made a big deal about this on the local news stations after its release.
Old 12-07-10, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
I remember when I was in middle school watching that scene filmed live in person, when they Blew up the Old Soreno hotel in Downtown St Petersburg florida.

I also remember how P!$$ed everyone was when they went to see the movie expecting the scene to be in the film, only to leave at the credits start not realizing that Donner stuck it after the credits.
They even made a big deal about this on the local news stations after its release.

Did they ever find out it was during the end credits or did it just blow over and everyone assumed it wasn't in the movie and are still upset to this day?
Old 12-07-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Did they ever find out it was during the end credits or did it just blow over and everyone assumed it wasn't in the movie and are still upset to this day?
The reason why they were upset was because WB said that it would be prominately featured in the film. That was the whole reason the city approved the demolition of building for the film was because that was what they were promised.

Plus there were a number of Historical society people ticked off to begin with that the building they had been working on being recognized as a historic building, was being destroyed for a movie.
Old 12-08-10, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
The reason why they were upset was because WB said that it would be prominately featured in the film. That was the whole reason the city approved the demolition of building for the film was because that was what they were promised.

Plus there were a number of Historical society people ticked off to begin with that the building they had been working on being recognized as a historic building, was being destroyed for a movie.

Wow, thanks for the info. This alone sounds right out of a movie and the perfect makings for a comedy. Though I can understand why they would be upset, but hopefully they realized it was in the movie, but as an end credits surprise, and if the studio never let them know that after the fact, that's pretty bad on their part.
Old 12-10-10, 03:29 PM

Mine just came in! Cant wait to revisit these classics! (part 4, not a classic but it has Jet Li in it). Ordered on Nov 30th, recieved today, Dec 10th. I waited almost twice as long for Aliens Anthology.
Old 12-13-10, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by fitprod
They are the director's cuts... Richard Donner had nothing to do the with extended cuts that were released on DVD.

fitprod
my apologies. very sly - yes I guess the original shorter version are the "director's cuts"....

without or without Donner's approval, I still want this set to be the Extended Cuts (or have both). I want to see the missing material seamless in the films' BR presentation.
Old 12-18-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

without or without Donner's approval, I still want this set to be the Extended Cuts (or have both). I want to see the missing material seamless in the films' BR presentation.
Don't hold your breath, because that's not going to happen.
Old 01-06-11, 04:40 AM

Don't buy the Australian version, it's missing the 5th disc, and the first two films are the original blu ray releases missing most of the extras.
Old 02-18-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

From The Digital Bits:
http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Warner Home Video has just informed us that Casablanca and ALL FOUR FILMS in the Lethal Weapon series are about to go on Blu-ray and DVD moratorium (starting on 3/28). Why, you may ask? Simple: The studio has big plans for the films in 2012, as Casablanca celebrates its 70th anniversary next year, while the original Lethal Weapon celebrates its 25th anniversary. What this means is that you can expect all of these films to be fully remastered and re-released on Blu-ray and DVD in brand new Ultimate Collector's Editions, complete with new extras. So add those to Warner's already announced 2012 UCEs of the Singing' in the Rain: 60th Anniversary Edition, the Camelot: 45th Anniversary Edition and the What Ever Happened to Baby Jane: 50th Anniversary Edition. Not bad.
I bought the UK box set a while ago and I'm happy with it. I'm not going to wait until 2012 just to port over the same materials from the UK box set.

I doubt that WB is going to remaster the 4 movies again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.