Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Scooby-Doo 1&2 Collection - November 9th

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoiler:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/foru...-doo-2-blu-ray

Two Hilarious Scooby-Doo Live Action Adventure Movies

In High Definition At One Great Price!

SCOOBY-DOO AND

SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED

FAMILY DOUBLE-FEATURE

ON BLU-RAY DISC™ NOVEMBER 9 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED – FIRST TIME ON BLU-RAY™!

BURBANK, Calif. (August 16, 2010) – Zoinks! This holiday season Warner Home Video will release two madcap Scooby-Dooadventure movies in one fun-filled Blu-ray double-feature. The Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 Collection will include the first two live-action/computer-animation Scooby-Doo films, Scooby-Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), on Blu-ray Disc with loads of bonus material including deleted scenes, music videos and more. Starring Freddie Prinze Jr. (TV’s “24,” She’s All That), Sarah Michelle Gellar (TV’s “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and Matthew Lillard (She’s All That, Scream), this family double-feature marks the first time Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed will be available on Blu-ray Disc. The Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 Collection will be available in stores November 9, 2010. Orders are due October 5 (SRP $24.98).

It’s No Mystery: Scooby-Doo is Ranked # 1!

Scooby-Doo is the #1 children’s franchise* and Scooby-Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004) have sold nearly 9 million units combined. What’s more, Warner Bros. Animation's all new “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” debuted on Cartoon Network on July 12, averaging 2.5 million total viewers and the show is ranked #1 in its time period with boys, male teens and teens on basic cable.

* Source: 2009 WHV Character Evaluation

Cash in with Great Drafting Opportunities!

Retailers will enjoy the opportunity to leverage other Scooby-Doo titles entering the marketplace timed with this release including the Scooby-Doo Where are You! Complete Series, one of the most comprehensive collections of classic Scooby-Doo Where are You!episodes ever, featuring 41 episodes on 8 discs, packaged in an eye-catching, limited edition collectible Mystery Machine case. TheScooby-Doo Where are You! Complete Series will be available on DVD November 9, 2010, day-and-date with the Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 Collection.

Additionally, on September 14, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will release Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Swamp, a new action-adventure video game featuring fun, exploration-style mysteries with the characters kids know and love. For the first time, kids can play as any of the Mystery, Inc. characters, including Scooby-Doo. Travel beyond the swamp and into other haunted locales such as a snow covered Alpine village and a Southwestern ghost town to uncover more clues and solve the mystery of the strange brew. All new brain-teasing puzzles, enemies, and epic boss battles are sure to keep kids challenged and mystified. The game is rated “E10+” and will be available in stores September 14 on the Wii™ for $39.99, Nintendo DS™ for $29.99, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system for $19.99. For more information about the game, please visit www.Scooby-DooVideogames.com.

ABOUT THE FILMS

Laughs and scares aplenty are unleashed in these two popular live-action/computer-animation romps featuring Fred (Freddie Prinze Jr.), Daphne (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Shaggy (Matthew Lillard), Velma (Linda Cardellini) and that canine you-know-doo. The Mystery Inc. gang reunites in Scooby-Doo to find out what's behind the jinky-jittery goings-on at Spooky Island, the spring break hot spot run by Emile Mondavarious (Rowan Atkinson). Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed finds our heroes with their hands and paws full trying to find out why Coolsville is overrun with monsters the pals thought they'd defeated years earlier...but now the beastly beings are b-a-a-ack. Doo the fright thing, Scooby-Doo fans, and enjoy!

Director:

Raja Gosnell (The Smurfs movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua)

Scooby-Doo Extras**:

■Filmmakers Commentary
■Cast Commentary
■Behind the Scenes Featurettes
■Additional Scenes and More!

Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed Extras**:

■Triple Threat Featurette – Scooby gives an inside look at stunts, sets, visual effects
■True Ghoul Hollywood Story
■Dancing Dog – Includes a dance lesson on how to dance like Scooby
■Music Videos
■Deleted Scenes and More!

** Special features are subject to change

BASICS

Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 Collection (2-discs)

Blu-ray Price: $24.98 SRP

Street Date: November 9, 2010

Orders due: October 5, 2010

Languages: English

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Running time: Scooby-Doo: 86 mins / Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed: 93 mins

MPAA Rating: PG

Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85

Cat#: 1000168264

UPC: 883929156696

Last edited by Jedi Master 33; 08-17-10 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-16-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: The Scooby-Doo 1&2 Collection - November 9th

All right, I'll admit it's a guilty pleasure but will be picking this double feature up.
Old 08-16-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish they'd put all the deleted scenes on a release of this movie. The stars have commented multiple times that the film was conceived as a more PG-13 affair, and you can see some of this in the deleted scenes, but the really subversive stuff is missing because it would be hard for WB to inform the public that there were PG-13-grade deleted scenes on a PG DVD release.
Old 08-17-10, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I wish they'd put all the deleted scenes on a release of this movie. The stars have commented multiple times that the film was conceived as a more PG-13 affair, and you can see some of this in the deleted scenes, but the really subversive stuff is missing because it would be hard for WB to inform the public that there were PG-13-grade deleted scenes on a PG DVD release.
Indeed. Heck, I'd settle for the theatrical version of Scooby 2{I keep reading the DVD is edited a bit}.
Old 08-17-10, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Linda Cardellini
Old 08-17-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just noticed, this is going to be a two disc release, not both on a single disc....well, gee, thanks a lot Warner, way to dick over all the people who already bought the first movie by not releasing the second one by itself!
I'm sure the first disc will be exactly the same as the previously released disc, so no lossless audio upgrade there....but will SD2 have lossless audio?
Old 09-02-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scooby 2 will have HD audio, but the first movie will still have the same 5.1 soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.com/Scooby-Doo-1-2...3461750&sr=8-1
Old 09-02-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know if I should buy this, but I suspect I probably will. These were both decent guilty pleasures for me, and since the price will be low for them on Blu-ray and I've never owned them... MAYBE.

It's not a definite seller for me though. Hmmm....