Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Predators 2010 blu-ray on oct 19th!

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Predators 2010 blu-ray on oct 19th!

Old 08-24-10, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Predators 2010 blu-ray on oct 19th!

Originally Posted by fumanstan

Sessa commenting on the forum tastes again
Sessa being right again, with almost every post here stating they are psyched for this or getting it eventually.
Old 08-24-10, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sessa17
Sessa being right again, with almost every post here stating they are psyched for this or getting it eventually.
Yeah, but BD/DVD release date threads are mostly full of people who like or will buy that particular film. I bet that every release thread has more positive remarks than negative.
Old 08-24-10, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

actually considering that few of us know of RRT, I bet the people that hit that thread would be more positive for it. Again considering how few of us know of it and those of that would hit that thread would only be there to praise and talk about it for the most part....no?

Just cuz a film isn't original or imaginative doesn't stop it from being fun. It's how it does all that stuff (w/ it's faults and all) that makes us like it. But you know that...don't you?
Old 08-24-10, 09:08 PM

But a bromide unimaginative film like this still has a lot of people posting there excitement for it & getting it, which was my only point. Whereas if a thread got made about the phenomenal Red Riding Trilogy for example, it would not get the same enthusiastic reaction of people getting it.
Believe it or not, as someone who fucking hates what has happened to American cinema, I actually agree with you. Aside from people's personal tastes, the main reason why you don't see massive threads and excitement over smaller indy and foreign films comes down to marketing. A lot of people just don't know about them unless a famous actor is in them. On top of that, you can only catch those films in a theater if you are lucky enough to live in a certain part of the country. So, you can't be too shocked that films like the RRT don't have large threads yet. But once it finally hits BD, more will learn of it. Sadly, it may only be because "the new Spiderman" is in it.
Old 08-24-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Believe it or not, as someone who fucking hates what has happened to American cinema, I actually agree with you. Aside from people's personal tastes, the main reason why you don't see massive threads and excitement over smaller indy and foreign films comes down to marketing. A lot of people just don't know about them unless a famous actor is in them. On top of that, you can only catch those films in a theater if you are lucky enough to live in a certain part of the country. So, you can't be too shocked that films like the RRT don't have large threads yet. But once it finally hits BD, more will learn of it. Sadly, it may only be because "the new Spiderman" is in it.
I'm glad you at least agreed with that quote, I deleted that post because I didn't want to totally derail this thread & start an argument.
Old 08-24-10, 09:23 PM

I'm glad you at least agreed with that quote, I deleted that post because I didn't want to totally derail this thread & start an argument.
I had to do a double-take when I posted that. And don't worry about me, I only fight with fanboys.
Old 08-24-10, 09:27 PM
Banned

and now my post doesn't make sense...lol
Old 08-25-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Yeah, but BD/DVD release date threads are mostly full of people who like or will buy that particular film. I bet that every release thread has more positive remarks than negative.
That's what I would assume; for the most part, I try not to post in a DVD/Blu-ray release thread for a movie I didn't care for. Any disdain I had for a movie would have already been mentioned in the Movie Talk thread. That said, apparently you glossed over many of the comments since a good amount of them share your opinion about the movie.

Sorry, but as I've said before, I just can't help but notice repeatedly how you still keep pointing out the forum's "mainstream" tastes with such disdain if for no reason other to say "my taste in movies is better then all of yours." I think unimaginative is a good term to describe this movie, even as someone that found it entertaining, but the jab at folks that want to buy it seems unnecessary

Last edited by fumanstan; 08-25-10 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-25-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Sorry, but as I've said before, I just can't help but notice repeatedly how you still keep pointing out the forum's "mainstream" tastes with such disdain if for no reason other to say "my taste in movies is better then all of yours." I think unimaginative is a good term to describe this movie, even as someone that found it entertaining, but the jab at folks that want to buy it seems unnecessary
I didn't "jab" at anyone or speak about anyone else's taste once. I posted an observation that this movie would be popular here, (which it is) nothing more. And if you followed my posts like you seem to so much, you would know that I make fun of myself all the time, often for having bad taste. And I am a dick, its my thing, creates more discussion that way, so just ignore me if it bothers you.
Old 08-25-10, 06:48 PM
Banned

Please let me quote my favorite (but not what I think is the best) film of the year:

You guys aren't going to start sucking each others' dicks, are you?
Old 10-19-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Walmart has an exclusive BD/DVD/DC combo pack. Pricing is YMMV, but one member found it for $24.99.

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 10-19-10 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-19-10, 08:40 AM
Banned

still cheaper on Amazon without the tax...and depending where you live.
Old 10-19-10, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
still cheaper on Amazon without the tax...and depending where you live.
and if someone does want the DVD also, their only option is Walmart.
Old 10-19-10, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, so would've gotten this at Walmart if I had known. And now it's too late. It's probably not in an eco case too, like Walmart's exclusive Blu/DVD/DC combo of X-Men Origins Wolverine.
Old 10-19-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lemmy
I'll take a pass on the Predette BJ, thanx....
Well you'll be missing out!
Old 10-20-10, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Walmart has an exclusive BD/DVD/DC combo pack. Pricing is YMMV, but one member found it for $24.99.
Not only this, but the slipcover is slightly different. The predator on the front slipcover is more red tinged, rather than blue-white tinged like the regulars from everywhere else.

Not a big difference, but still, I purchased at Walmart for the dvd copy too, in case I need to play it elsewhere.
Old 10-20-10, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the red tint is pretty cool. But I ended up going to Best Buy to get it for $21.99. I never received my text message sku for the $3 discount, so I just explained that to the guy at the CS counter and he manually gave me the discount.

I usually opt for the combo pack, but decided to save a few bucks in this case.
Old 10-20-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I picked up a copy in Macau today and they also had a 3-Disc Predator Mask Case with Predator, Predator 2 and Predators. It looked cool but I stuck with Predators only.
Old 12-27-10, 02:08 AM

Don't mean to be a gravedigger, but has anyone had issues playing this on their PS3?

I get the comment saying to keep my stuff updated, that's it, and it goes from that to a black screen.

I have all the updates, and am kind of stuck on what to try.

I've tried swapping discs, I've tried resetting my PS3, I've tried almost everything that usually does the trick.
Old 12-27-10, 07:06 AM
Banned

Nope...
Old 12-27-10, 09:45 AM

Plays fine on my PS3
Old 12-27-10, 10:30 AM
Banned

[soapbox] When I hear of all these problems PS3 owners are having playing some blu's on their gaming systems, it reminds me of some good advice my father gave me decades ago regarding both audio- and video-playing gear: if available, always buy components rather than "all-in-ones". That advice has never steered me wrong, not once.

I don't know why people that play video games (I do not) expect a game system to be a state-of-the-art blu-ray player, anyway. Or a great CD player, either. Or whatever else it's supposed to be good at, other than a gaming system.

And, don't even get me started on using a game controller as a remote control. Now, back on topic....[/soapbox]
Old 12-27-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Actually I believe the PS3 is one of the most stable players out there. I've never had an issue playing anything on it. Normally I would agree with spending extra $$ on separate components, but in this case the company is the creator of the format, and the PS3 is not a cheap piece of equipment.
Old 12-27-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I own Predators and have not had an issue playing it on my PS3. Nor have I had any playback issues with ANY Blu-ray.
Old 12-27-10, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Artman
Actually I believe the PS3 is one of the most stable players out there. I've never had an issue playing anything on it. Normally I would agree with spending extra $$ on separate components, but in this case the company is the creator of the format, and the PS3 is not a cheap piece of equipment.
Just wait a few years. It'll be obsolete (for gaming, anyway, if not for playing DVDs/CDs). That's how these companies do things. Constant, unrelenting upgrades to stay with the "latest & greatest".

I bought my last gaming system (Nintendo, though I don't recall which system) about 15 years ago; when I realized that I'd updated my entire system due to obsolescence at least 3 times previously, I decided to enjoy what I had until it died, and then give up gaming entirely, other than the very rare game I find amusing online.

I've never regretted that decision.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.