Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Toy Story 3 - November 2, now up for pre-order

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Toy Story 3 - November 2, now up for pre-order

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Toy Story 3 - November 2, now up for pre-order

soooo....the "magic code" that you get with this gives you both the Movie Rewards points AND unlocks the digital copy? I guess if I want to sell the digital copy, then I'm gonna also be giving up the reward points then huh??

Last edited by Jamezuva; 11-02-10 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-02-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamezuva
soooo....the "magic code" that you get with this gives you both the Movie Rewards points AND unlocks the digital copy? I guess if I want to sell the digital copy, then I'm gonna also be giving up the reward points then huh??
Technically, the legalese says you're not allowed to sell either the code or the digital copy, but that's between you and Disney's legal department. You can redeem the movie reward code without redeeming the digital copy. I have no idea what will happen if you redeem it and then someone else tries to use the code for the digital copy, of course. I suspect a S.W.A.T. team will descend upon both of you simultaneously and take you into custody.
Old 11-02-10, 11:20 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Technically, the legalese says you're not allowed to sell either the code or the digital copy, but that's between you and Disney's legal department. You can redeem the movie reward code without redeeming the digital copy. I have no idea what will happen if you redeem it and then someone else tries to use the code for the digital copy, of course. I suspect a S.W.A.T. team will descend upon both of you simultaneously and take you into custody.
2319! We have a 2319!
Old 11-03-10, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamezuva
Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Technically, the legalese says you're not allowed to sell either the code or the digital copy, but that's between you and Disney's legal department. You can redeem the movie reward code without redeeming the digital copy. I have no idea what will happen if you redeem it and then someone else tries to use the code for the digital copy, of course.
Hmmmm.....I sold the DVD w/DC (and unused code) to someone online, and put my Blus in the BB IronPack. While the DC was part of the deal, I want my DMR points, so I wrote down the code to get 'em. Do you think this will screw up the buyer if he tries to activate his DC???
Old 11-03-10, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xage

I personally thought it looked very cheap and crappy looking upclose.
Old 11-03-10, 02:56 AM

Did anyone buy the Trilogy set? Can somebody post the picture of inside the box?

I didn't pick up the first 2 movies because I wanted a nice boxset (i'm a sucker for good packaging ), but when I saw the set today at best buy, it looked cheap and felt light. So I wanted to see the inside before purchasing. Does it include individual case and slipcover or does it not even have any cases at all? If it's too cheaply made then I want to buy it individually.
Old 11-03-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The chest is filled with foam with 10 disc slots, and each of the discs stand in the slots.
Old 11-03-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
The chest is filled with foam with 10 disc slots, and each of the discs stand in the slots.
Someone had posted a link to an unboxing video on Amazon. It may have been in the Bluray.com forums. Anyway, horrible packaging for the trilogy set. Individual releases are the way to go for this.
Old 11-03-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to thank the DVDTalk gang for all the support and knowledge you have shared over the years with me and others.

It has been a blast to read post and review on many different topics, some have made me laugh, some have made me get upset.

One of my fav posts are ways to save money:
1. $8 dollars off TS3 - $16.99 + Tax (did you know they tax on the pre-coupon price?) is a great deal for my fav movie of the year.

2. $2 off "Sound of Music" from printcoupon.com, then open the case before you leave the store and go to the Sevice Counter and get another $3 cash back.

Learned the above and many other things from this forum, you guys rock.

Looking forward to Christmas, so I can open and watch TS3 all day long.

Thanks and have a good day!
Old 11-03-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

I know since it's a Pixar release it goes without saying but the PQ is amazing. Quite amazing.
Old 11-03-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else a little disappointed to realize your 4-disc combo-pack has too many discs to transfer over into your 3-disc ironbook?

Never had an issue on the other "steel/iron" books from BB.........
Old 11-03-10, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Anyone else a little disappointed to realize your 4-disc combo-pack has too many discs to transfer over into your 3-disc ironbook?

Never had an issue on the other "steel/iron" books from BB.........
Not really considering the DIgital copy is essentially a worthless disc AFTER it is used. plus i much prefer this to the more plastic than than than steel Up steelbook last year.
Old 11-03-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Is there any place to get that ironpack thing now?
Old 11-04-10, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Is there any place to get that ironpack thing now?
A few days after I bought mine I went to another BB and they were all sold out. I don't think so.

I bought the Buzz.

The discs are in a removable holder that goes on Buzz's back. The discs are stacked on the inside.

So, there had to be a catch, or a money-saving method with the figure, and there is. It's weirder and more distracting than I could have imagined. Buzz is, well...anorexic!

Even the helmet is squished. Very distracting, and twice as odd as the arms and legs are "full size". As for the wings, I thought they might not come out at all, but they do, they're just severely clipped:

It looks nice enough straight on, though, and I put the discs in the steelbook, so he's not going to get unpacked anytime soon. With the $8 coupon and the $7 back I got for getting a refund on my Best Buy pre-order, it wasn't that expensive either, so no regrets.
Old 11-05-10, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
A few days after I bought mine I went to another BB and they were all sold out. I don't think so.

I bought the Buzz.

The discs are in a removable holder that goes on Buzz's back. The discs are stacked on the inside.

So, there had to be a catch, or a money-saving method with the figure, and there is. It's weirder and more distracting than I could have imagined. Buzz is, well...anorexic!

Even the helmet is squished. Very distracting, and twice as odd as the arms and legs are "full size". As for the wings, I thought they might not come out at all, but they do, they're just severely clipped:

It looks nice enough straight on, though, and I put the discs in the steelbook, so he's not going to get unpacked anytime soon. With the $8 coupon and the $7 back I got for getting a refund on my Best Buy pre-order, it wasn't that expensive either, so no regrets.
The fact that he looked flattened was the first thing i noticed when i picked up the box in the store at target. Part of why I thought it looked so cheap.
Thats cool that the price worked out pretty good for you though.
Old 11-05-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

At least Buzz has some dimension to him. That's a step forward from poor Optimus Prime. Personally, I think the only one of these character cases that's been done well is the U.S.S. Enterprise, but then it's a lot easier when there's a disc shape built into the original design.
Old 11-05-10, 11:32 AM
bub

My local BB (Ft Smith, AR) accepted that phone code coupon, 1242489 (I printed it out) and the $8 manufacturers coupon without issue.

$9.50 plus tax for the Toy Story 3 4-Disc Blu Ray...

Luck all,
George
Old 11-06-10, 12:07 PM

Guess I'm a little late to the party. Any chance of still being able to pick up the Ironpack and Blu-Ray at a nearby Best Buy, or were these sold exclusively online?
Old 11-06-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Commander Dan
Guess I'm a little late to the party. Any chance of still being able to pick up the Ironpack and Blu-Ray at a nearby Best Buy, or were these sold exclusively online?
Check for your store location here and select in-store pick-up, so they find it for you, instead of having to hunt for it on the shelves.
Old 11-06-10, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Hmmmm.....I sold the DVD w/DC (and unused code) to someone online, and put my Blus in the BB IronPack. While the DC was part of the deal, I want my DMR points, so I wrote down the code to get 'em. Do you think this will screw up the buyer if he tries to activate his DC???
No.

I sell the Reward Points to a friend and sell the DC on eBay. Never had a problem with the many I've done since 2008.
Old 11-06-10, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Check for your store location here and select in-store pick-up, so they find it for you, instead of having to hunt for it on the shelves.
Ah. Many thanks...
Old 11-07-10, 02:39 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone else notice a severe sound quality issue with the short "Day & Night" on the Blu-Ray version? I played my copy today and the volume on the short is way louder than TS3. It's super distorted at a normal listening level. I also checked the DVD version and the levels seem normal. I'm just wondering if this is isolated to my copy or if it's a widespread defect.
Old 11-07-10, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Watched it yesterday and it did not sound distorted.
Old 11-07-10, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I did this yesterday and got confirmation email saying I could pick my order up. I get to my local Best Buy and they couldn't find my order for one. Then they couldn't figure out what I was getting and then made me wait over a half hour trying to find what I ordered. In the end I got it, wish they knew what they were doing so I didn't have to wait for an order that was supposed to be ready to pick up.
Old 11-07-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
No.

I sell the Reward Points to a friend and sell the DC on eBay. Never had a problem with the many I've done since 2008.
The difference is, there's always been separate codes for DC activation and DMR points. This time, it was the same code for both.

I got my points, I just hope the DC registration is a separate process that doesn't tie-in to my DMR account.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.