Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Old 01-08-11, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Somewhat off-topic: apparently the wife ordered something from Sweden that shipped on 12/21, and it arrived today.
Old 01-08-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Somewhat off-topic: apparently the wife ordered something from Sweden that shipped on 12/21, and it arrived today.
Mine shipped the 23rd but I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a long time.
Old 01-08-11, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No joking, I received Battle Royale.

I pre-ordered in mid-October and it shipped a day or two after release. It was shipped via Royal Mail, the service that has delayed everyone. I got it, in perfect shape, despite the concerns. I am pleased to have it in my hands and hope everyone else who ordered has it waiting for them in the very near future.

I am not completely out of the woods, as the Alien Anthology from Amazon.co.uk which shipped out a couple of days later is not here, but I suppose it should. I also had a domestic package which was declared lost from before Christmas, so these events are definitely not the result of an overly diligent post office, as it was lost when it got to my town.
Old 01-08-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures or it never happened.
Old 01-08-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got a refund on my shipping
Old 01-08-11, 12:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Still nothing for me as of Saturday the 8th. But to follow up on a previous post of mine, the CD that was mailed out from London on the 4th showed up yesterday, which was completely unexpected. I guess the Royal Mail isn't completely screwed up.

Here's hoping for Monday then...
Old 01-08-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Another day and no br

although mail does get delivered a little later on Saturdays so there's some hope
Old 01-08-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait a minute, now we're updating that we haven't received it before the mail even arrives.
Old 01-08-11, 02:22 PM

Mine did not come today.
Old 01-08-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just opened this thread for the 1st time in a long time, I was wondering why so many pages. I ordered mine on 10/21, and it was in my mail box this Monday, just lucky I guess.
Old 01-08-11, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got mine today after pre-ordering 2 months ago. I'm in New York City.
Old 01-08-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I'm pretty sure that most of the copies had an explosive-collar around them that detonated as soon as it left the UK borders.
Old 01-08-11, 05:07 PM

For anyone that HAS received their copy, were they ever able to track their copy? At all?

Also. I had my money refunded because Amazon.Uk are dummies and didn't know what I was asking for. They said it still might ship, but it dispatched with everyone elses on the 11th of December. Would it be likely that since I got a refund that they would find it mid-delivery and not deliver it to me?

I WANTED it, and I was asking for a shipping refund, but they instead gave me a full-refund, but unlike what others have gotten, this is the message I got..

"If the package arrives afterwards and you do not wish to keep it, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you have already taken delivery of the item we ask that you return it to us. (If the package arrives afterwards and you wish to keep it, let us know and we will be happy to recharge your payment card)"

I'd just hate to lose out on my copy because they messed up.
Old 01-08-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
For anyone that HAS received their copy, were they ever able to track their copy? At all?

Also. I had my money refunded because Amazon.Uk are dummies and didn't know what I was asking for. They said it still might ship, but it dispatched with everyone elses on the 11th of December. Would it be likely that since I got a refund that they would find it mid-delivery and not deliver it to me?

I WANTED it, and I was asking for a shipping refund, but they instead gave me a full-refund, but unlike what others have gotten, this is the message I got..

"If the package arrives afterwards and you do not wish to keep it, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you have already taken delivery of the item we ask that you return it to us. (If the package arrives afterwards and you wish to keep it, let us know and we will be happy to recharge your payment card)"

I'd just hate to lose out on my copy because they messed up.
This is why I'm not going to email them until the 15th or so. I don't want to risk not getting it or them asking for it back.
Old 01-08-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the package has left the UK, it's out of the Royal Mail's hands meaning it's out of Amazon's hands.

I've never seen any sort of "tracking confirmation" on any package I've ordered in the past from Amazon.co.uk. Take that as you will.
Old 01-08-11, 05:26 PM

It's dispatched, that's all I know. Thanks for the information Matt, makes me be at ease knowing it might show up, someday. :P

I was just worried since a month after delivery I haven't had any tracking information that it was a bad sign.

Just have to be continue to be patient, I suppose!
Old 01-08-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The reason I chose the standard shipping over the express was simply due to my past orders. Everything I've ordered from them in the past has only taken 7 - 10 days and I was okay waiting that as I knew thought I'd have it before Christmas.

It's been 35 days since shipping and still nothing.
Old 01-08-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
If the package has left the UK, it's out of the Royal Mail's hands meaning it's out of Amazon's hands.

I've never seen any sort of "tracking confirmation" on any package I've ordered in the past from Amazon.co.uk. Take that as you will.
I was able to with DHL and when they passed the package to USPS and that's with standard shipping. It never got into Royal Mail's hand; which is probably why I got it on time.
Old 01-08-11, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The reason I chose the standard shipping over the express was simply due to my past orders. Everything I've ordered from them in the past has only taken 7 - 10 days and I was okay waiting that as I knew thought I'd have it before Christmas.

It's been 35 days since shipping and still nothing.
December 11 was 35 days ago? Might want to double-check the math on that.
Old 01-08-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nope, still nothing.
Old 01-08-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
I was able to with DHL and when they passed the package to USPS and that's with standard shipping. It never got into Royal Mail's hand; which is probably why I got it on time.
I'd be curious to find out if this was the case with everyone who has received theirs. Would make sense. I'm still patient, though.
Old 01-08-11, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
Just for the record, only people who had DHL could track, but most people had their items shipped through royal mail, which were not traceable, like mine. I received it today.
Old 01-08-11, 08:43 PM

No copy today.

In fact, no mail at all... which leads me to believe that exo-terrorists are stealing my mail. bastards.
Old 01-08-11, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by vivafriend5
No joking, I received Battle Royale.

I pre-ordered in mid-October and it shipped a day or two after release. It was shipped via Royal Mail, the service that has delayed everyone. I got it, in perfect shape, despite the concerns. I am pleased to have it in my hands and hope everyone else who ordered has it waiting for them in the very near future.

I am not completely out of the woods, as the Alien Anthology from Amazon.co.uk which shipped out a couple of days later is not here, but I suppose it should. I also had a domestic package which was declared lost from before Christmas, so these events are definitely not the result of an overly diligent post office, as it was lost when it got to my town.

Good news, even though it's not mine. Do you mind if I ask your approximate location -- East/West coast/Mid-west?

I'm on the East Coast, and like others I've never had major problems with Amazon.co.uk before, but there's still no sign of this one, and I pre-ordered Oct. 15th and it was apparently dispatched on Dec. 11th. Since this seems to be a larger mass-delay with almost everyone, I was being patient, but your news ignites a minor sense of hope...
Old 01-09-11, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by ShellBeacher
Good news, even though it's not mine. Do you mind if I ask your approximate location -- East/West coast/Mid-west?

I'm on the East Coast, and like others I've never had major problems with Amazon.co.uk before, but there's still no sign of this one, and I pre-ordered Oct. 15th and it was apparently dispatched on Dec. 11th. Since this seems to be a larger mass-delay with almost everyone, I was being patient, but your news ignites a minor sense of hope...
North Carolina, dispatched the eleventh of December as well.

I watched the director's cut tonight. It was good, quality was on par with the earlier statements. The film was not designed to be a visual spectacle. The subbed extras are very nice. Great packaging as well, despite the larger height. Number 8347/10000, I believe.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.