Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars Cone Wars: Season 2

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...ray/index.html
Old 06-01-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Star Wars Cone Wars: Season 2

I know it's a typo, but I still laughed. I never was able to catch any of the S2 episodes and missed the latter half of S1, but I'll probably eventually pick up this and the first season.
Old 06-01-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 06-01-10, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Photoshop!
Old 06-01-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least they're sticking with the digibook format.
Old 06-01-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The first release was really well done and the packaging is classy, so I'm definitely in for season 2.
Old 06-01-10, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
The first release was really well done and the packaging is classy, so I'm definitely in for season 2.
Always waiting for it to end before buying a tv show. I have all of them on my computer to hold me over. If it means anything I hope it does not end for a bit. I like the show, I like the stuff that comes from it. Even the hot chicks. Samde
Old 06-02-10, 08:18 AM

Pretty funny. Where're Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin when you need them?

Mods please fix the title...

Last edited by Ignohippo; 06-02-10 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-02-10, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by drq2
Always waiting for it to end before buying a tv show. I have all of them on my computer to hold me over. If it means anything I hope it does not end for a bit. I like the show, I like the stuff that comes from it. Even the hot chicks. Samde

Well, if you're not supporting the show by buying the DVD or Blu-ray, how do you expect it to stay on the air?

My son and I love this show. There are certainly episodes I like better than others but, as a whole, it's much better than the prequels and this is a must buy for me.

On a side note, we went to Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios this past weekend and they showed clips from season three. Definitely darker than the first two. It seems to be based around Asohka and her premonitions that bad things are about to happen (even forseeing her own death). The preview they showed was outstanding.
Old 06-02-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Glad to see this. I don't have Cartoon Network HD and it's sucked watching this in SD, so I decided to not watch this season until it hits Blu.
Old 06-02-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I can't stand about season 1 is how the digibook is like a millimeter taller than all the others. I know it's totally OCD but still

Oh and, you know, lossy audio.
Old 06-02-10, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ignohippo
Well, if you're not supporting the show by buying the DVD or Blu-ray, how do you expect it to stay on the air?

My son and I love this show. There are certainly episodes I like better than others but, as a whole, it's much better than the prequels and this is a must buy for me.

On a side note, we went to Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios this past weekend and they showed clips from season three. Definitely darker than the first two. It seems to be based around Asohka and her premonitions that bad things are about to happen (even forseeing her own death). The preview they showed was outstanding.
I buy the Figures and Ships(when they used to make them). I also watch it on TV. That is how I support it. This show can really only do another 2 years if that they way its movie. I will miss it but then again I still watch the shows.
Old 06-02-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Mods please fix the title...
Mods don't read every thread. Report your post and they will fix it.

Originally Posted by drq2
Always waiting for it to end before buying a tv show. I have all of them on my computer to hold me over. If it means anything I hope it does not end for a bit. I like the show, I like the stuff that comes from it.
I just finished season 1 (on BD) and it was just short of amazing. The production values, voice work, music and direction are unrivaled in the animation arena. The camera sweeps and angles are just something you never see in animation. It's breathtaking.

All that being said, the only drawback is that it's about the Clone Wars. I just can't get excited enough to care. I don't give two shits about Anakin as a character. Dooku? Snooze. Palpatine? whatever.

Now if they did a similar 'toon in the post Jedi universe, I'd be all over it.
Old 06-02-10, 03:23 PM

I turned around to get my twisty cone, and I missed it.
Old 06-02-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ridiculous question. Things stay "on the air" because advertisers are willing to pay for the time in the commercial breaks.

This show is designed to sell toys and video games. I am sure the writers want to create good stories, so they may very well be enjoyable, but this is part of a giant monster of interconnected products.

I hate when people suggest that "buying a DVD" is "supporting a show." When the studios stop screwing over the "supporters" who bought the initial DVDs by releasing later versions with added content that should have been on the originals in the first place, then you *might* have a point.
Old 06-02-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheato
R
I hate when people suggest that "buying a DVD" is "supporting a show." When the studios stop screwing over the "supporters" who bought the initial DVDs by releasing later versions with added content that should have been on the originals in the first place, then you *might* have a point.
Except in this case the season 1 BDs are loaded with features. I think I enjoyed those more than the show itself. And no, I'm not implying the show is bad, I just thought the features were excellent. The interviews with the directors and artists are excellent. Just goes to show the level passion and details these guys have for the SW universe. If only George had that same passion when creating the prequels.
Old 06-02-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
The only thing I can't stand about season 1 is how the digibook is like a millimeter taller than all the others. I know it's totally OCD but still

Oh and, you know, lossy audio.
Think of it this way: different size cases will make the BD shelf look more like a book shelf and lend it a little more class. Books are all kinds of heights and sizes. So, allow your film collection to have a little character, rather than look like a vault in a shoddy post-production facility in Burbank where all the tapes are uniform and indistinguishable.
Old 09-06-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Is there any place where people discuss the actual series? I DVR'd some eps. at the recommendation of a friend who told me they were much more on par with what we wanted from the prequels than what we actually got. So far, he seems to be correct. Some eps. aren't that great, but others are pretty good and a lot of fun.
Old 09-06-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Is there any place where people discuss the actual series? I DVR'd some eps. at the recommendation of a friend who told me they were much more on par with what we wanted from the prequels than what we actually got. So far, he seems to be correct. Some eps. aren't that great, but others are pretty good and a lot of fun.
I totally agree with this. When I watched the series, all I kept thinking was why weren't the prequels like this series. Basically every decent new character Lucas & his creative teams came up with, they were like "hmmmm......lets keep all these guys out of the actual films". And then the creative teams used them for the Clone Wars cartoons. They even say as much in the behind the scenes featuretes. The episodes get really good near the end of the first series & the Kade Bane episode is the single best think Star Wars related since the original films.
Old 09-06-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is there any place where people discuss the actual series?
http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/vi...8719ebd8b0f7ea

http://boards.theforce.net/live_acti...sics/b10467/p1

http://forums.starwars.com/forum.jspa?forumID=189

http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlis...t=&Board=UBB47
Old 09-06-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I totally agree with this. When I watched the series, all I kept thinking was why weren't the prequels like this series. Basically every decent new character Lucas & his creative teams came up with, they were like "hmmmm......lets keep all these guys out of the actual films". And then the creative teams used them for the Clone Wars cartoons. They even say as much in the behind the scenes featuretes. The episodes get really good near the end of the first series & the Kade Bane episode is the single best think Star Wars related since the original films.
I particularly like season two , as Anakin is portrayed
as a hero and rather level headed, as opposed to a whiny bitch. This is a character I could have gotten behind in the moves.
In terms of a place to discuss the series, I was asking if a forum existed in dvdtalk. Maybe people are jus skeptical, with good reason. I was hard to sell, but glad I got on board.
Old 09-06-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I particularly like season two.
I haven't seen season two yet, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-06-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In terms of a place to discuss the series, I was asking if a forum existed in dvdtalk. Maybe people are jus skeptical, with good reason. I was hard to sell, but glad I got on board.
There's a thread in TV Talk, but it doesn't see much action.

The only thing I don't like about this show is the long gaps between episodes. The breaks are ridiculous. 2,3, even 4 week gaps are not unusual.

Seeing as Season 3 starts on September 17, I can only imagine that it will be even worse for this season.
Old 09-06-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I laughed my ass off when I ran across this thread. Not only that but someone even posted a mockup poster for it. LOL!
Old 09-07-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't aware that writers from LOST and Dexter worked on this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.